U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 05:47 PM

26,222 posts, read 14,105,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No one has to pull up any documents or provide any man-made proofs whatsoever. I once didn't believe either, but then I met Him, experienced His indwelling presence, and I was changed forever, glory to the Most High G-d!

The proof is, He is risen in us! Just as He was risen in the apostles. The gifts of the Spirit manifest through us, He speaks through us, He heals through us! Anything He wants to do, He can do through willing vessels, and will do more so, when the work in the head of the body is completed and ready to be revealed.

Truly, if they will not believe one rose from the dead, they will not believe. All trees bear fruit in their own season, though. Peace
Couldn't have said it any better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 06:21 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,782,281 times
That is so disgusting.

True story. A week after I met Him, I had been deep in study for about 4 hours already when a knock on the door came one morning. I opened it, and it was 2 sweet looking little grandmothers, who handed me a tract and chatted a moment, and I told them I had just met Him a week ago. We chatted awhile, then they left.

I take a coffee break and start to read the tract (it was Watchtower, and I had never heard of them before) and my eyes couldn't read it, it was completely blurry to me. I tried several times, then decided I must have strained them reading so long straight already. Then it dawned on me I was seeing just fine right before they got here, and I went in and got the Word and it was clear as a bell.

I realized He had heard and answered the second prayer of my heart in a week's time: to not let me fall into deception and the fairy tales of men, since I was on my own and didn't have any idea who had the Truth of the Word and who had fairy tales. I pitched the thing in the trash and thanked Him profusely and went on studying. He is just as real as we will let Him be. Peace

Old 03-30-2016, 07:13 PM

37,508 posts, read 25,243,901 times
Quote:
No one has to pull up any documents or provide any man-made proofs whatsoever. I once didn't believe either, but then I met Him, experienced His indwelling presence, and I was changed forever, glory to the Most High G-d!
The proof is, He is risen in us! Just as He was risen in the apostles. The gifts of the Spirit manifest through us, He speaks through us, He heals through us! Anything He wants to do, He can do through willing vessels, and will do more so, when the work in the head of the body is completed and ready to be revealed.
Truly, if they will not believe one rose from the dead, they will not believe. All trees bear fruit in their own season, though. Peace
This sounds an awful lot like my experience in deep meditation, but if you DID encounter Him, how on earth could you ever believe ANY of the awful OT descriptions?????

Old 03-30-2016, 07:57 PM

Probably because He has always had me focused on the SPIRITUAL aspects hidden in the Word, not on the literal. That's what I'm trying to convey. My experience is I didn't run to men to get them to interpret what the Spirit wrote. I had a spiritual experience that stopped me dead in my tracks, and I could not find any explanation for, until I read the book. The 3rd day He spoke a sentence to me (not audibly; in my spirit) in a book I had never read before, and when I read it, it was verbatim what was written. I literally didn't know what had happened to me, until the 4th day of what turned out to be a 10 day experience, where I was literally between the natural reality and the spiritual reality. It was as if I had one foot in each. And yes, you better believe my family noticed!

Then after that was defined for me in the book, I read the scripture that said the Holy Spirit would teach you, and reasoned correctly that if the scripture was true about my spiritual experience in a book I had never read before, then maybe, just maybe, this one other scripture might be true and I begged Him to teach me, not having a CLUE how He could or if He would. Then I shut myself up with Him for 2 years and did nothing but study. Once I discovered that the G-d of the whole universe not only could be talked TO, but heard FROM, I was like a kid with a new toy.

Who would ever want to talk to men about it if they could talk to Him and GET ANSWERS, and know that they are answers because they are hidden in a book that you have to search out to find. It was shortly before my 30th birthday, and I had searched for Him in all the wrong places my whole adult life, and wondered about Him my whole childhood. Growing up with agnostics, that was a tad inconvenient for both of us, lol...

You think it's a horrible thing that He caused all those people to die, don't you? But there are mysteries there that not many know about the cause and the source, and even to the covenant they made before they came. And don't you know those that died, died unto Him because He is not a G-d of the dead, but of the living? This life is but a vapor, this flesh is but a robe for the soul, and the soul for the spirit.

So ridicule away, I don't care, I know Him whom my soul loveth, and that's my story. Peace (and beansprouts) to you, too.....

Last edited by Rbbi1; 03-30-2016 at 08:06 PM..

Old 03-30-2016, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandalphon View Post
yes this man is right the LORD is ubiquity
indelible and infallible
the axiom of all axioms
the KING OF KINGS and LORD OF LORDS
also the was the highest pretense of infinite motion
as it were ein-sof was to be the endless protuberance
of all creation both tangible and intangible
would the image of GOD be in the likeness of men for did He fulfill the moat and beam of the eyes.
????????? Uh. I guess this guy seems to agree with you, Ribbi although I have no clue what he said.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandalphon View Post
yes this man is right the LORD is ubiquity
indelible and infallible
the axiom of all axioms
the KING OF KINGS and LORD OF LORDS
also the was the highest pretense of infinite motion
as it were ein-sof was to be the endless protuberance
of all creation both tangible and intangible
would the image of GOD be in the likeness of men for did He fulfill the moat and beam of the eyes.

Amen, He is above all and hidden, and He delights in those that look for Him. Peace

Old 03-30-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
????????? Uh. I guess this guy seems to agree with you, Ribbi although I have no clue what he said.

He's talking about G-d in His pure essence, as opposed to the natures/names/aspects of Himself He chose to reveal about Himself at different times throughout man's history. Man has to have a name, to grab onto to, it's the only way he can relate in the flesh. Peace

Old 03-30-2016, 09:28 PM

Quote:
He's talking about G-d in His pure essence, as opposed to the natures/names/aspects of Himself He chose to reveal about Himself at different times throughout man's history. Man has to have a name, to grab onto to, it's the only way he can relate in the flesh. Peace
Hmmm. Are you aware of the true significance of the phenomenon of names, Rbbi? It has to do with our consciousness itself and its reality. I generally do not discuss things at this level because most people do not have the philosophical mindset to comprehend it. A name is a sequence of symbols that when interpreted by a consciousness evokes identity and associated meanings creating spiritual substance and reality. That is the significance of Adam naming all the creatures. Most people do not think about what our consciousness creates because it seems to be ineffable and transitory (fleeting thoughts). But our consciousness is every bit as real as any material object (if not more so) and so are its creations. This should give anyone pause considering some of the awful things people actually THINK. We are truly created in God's image (imagination??) and likeness (having the same creative imagination??).

Old 03-30-2016, 10:27 PM

2,491 posts, read 1,253,843 times
Quote:
Probably because He has always had me focused on the SPIRITUAL aspects hidden in the Word, not on the literal. That's what I'm trying to convey. My experience is I didn't run to men to get them to interpret what the Spirit wrote. I had a spiritual experience that stopped me dead in my tracks, and I could not find any explanation for, until I read the book. The 3rd day He spoke a sentence to me (not audibly; in my spirit) in a book I had never read before, and when I read it, it was verbatim what was written. I literally didn't know what had happened to me, until the 4th day of what turned out to be a 10 day experience, where I was literally between the natural reality and the spiritual reality. It was as if I had one foot in each. And yes, you better believe my family noticed!

Then after that was defined for me in the book, I read the scripture that said the Holy Spirit would teach you, and reasoned correctly that if the scripture was true about my spiritual experience in a book I had never read before, then maybe, just maybe, this one other scripture might be true and I begged Him to teach me, not having a CLUE how He could or if He would. Then I shut myself up with Him for 2 years and did nothing but study. Once I discovered that the G-d of the whole universe not only could be talked TO, but heard FROM, I was like a kid with a new toy.

Who would ever want to talk to men about it if they could talk to Him and GET ANSWERS, and know that they are answers because they are hidden in a book that you have to search out to find. It was shortly before my 30th birthday, and I had searched for Him in all the wrong places my whole adult life, and wondered about Him my whole childhood. Growing up with agnostics, that was a tad inconvenient for both of us, lol...

You think it's a horrible thing that He caused all those people to die, don't you? But there are mysteries there that not many know about the cause and the source, and even to the covenant they made before they came. And don't you know those that died, died unto Him because He is not a G-d of the dead, but of the living? This life is but a vapor, this flesh is but a robe for the soul, and the soul for the spirit.

So ridicule away, I don't care, I know Him whom my soul loveth, and that's my story. Peace (and beansprouts) to you, too.....
What an amazing story! Thanks so much for sharing it.

Old 03-30-2016, 11:39 PM

10,290 posts, read 8,042,759 times
Quote:

Quote:
That is so disgusting.

True story. A week after I met Him, I had been deep in study for about 4 hours already when a knock on the door came one morning. I opened it, and it was 2 sweet looking little grandmothers, who handed me a tract and chatted a moment, and I told them I had just met Him a week ago. We chatted awhile, then they left.

I take a coffee break and start to read the tract (it was Watchtower, and I had never heard of them before) and my eyes couldn't read it, it was completely blurry to me. I tried several times, then decided I must have strained them reading so long straight already. Then it dawned on me I was seeing just fine right before they got here, and I went in and got the Word and it was clear as a bell.

I realized He had heard and answered the second prayer of my heart in a week's time: to not let me fall into deception and the fairy tales of men, since I was on my own and didn't have any idea who had the Truth of the Word and who had fairy tales. I pitched the thing in the trash and thanked Him profusely and went on studying. He is just as real as we will let Him be. Peace
Quote:

Quote:
Amen, He is above all and hidden, and He delights in those that look for Him. Peace
Amen, Rbbi1 !
Thank you so much for your testimonies of our Lord working in your life . I know every thing you are saying is true and have experience similar things . Praise the Lord !!
To hear your testimonies is a confirmation and mostly are an encouragement and a strength to my faith and relationship with my Lord .

♥=† Hallelujah, He has risen \0/ !

Yes, God speaks to those who listen and will interact in/with our lives everyday . I hear Him all the time in the simple and in the complicated task in my everyday life .
I am so thankful I came upon your post this evening. They are beautiful of what our God is doing and has done and will continue to do with those who love Him no matter what .

I find my self coming here less and less as I don't hear His voice here anymore through other's like I use too . It seems these days there is nothing here of the Spirit to read or learn from one another.
It has become a house full of contention and contempt for their neighbor .
Nothing but the flesh arguing, fighting, warring against one another . I know with all my heart the Spirit is not part of and has nothing to do with those who walk according to their fleshy behavior that one can read that is going on constantly here with each other .

There truly is no love for thy neighbor in all of this place as love does not provoke nor bring any kind of harm to their neighbor !!

Yes, God delights in those who seek Him with all their heart to worship Him in spirit and truth, amen !!

Blessings to you and may the Lord continue blessing you and keeping you in all He has for you and has called you to do according to His will !

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 03-30-2016 at 11:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or