U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 09:14 AM

425 posts, read 180,566 times

Advertisements

-
The Watch Tower Society says that Christ's crucified body is still dead and its remains are squirreled away somewhere on earth in a condition, and a location, known only to God.

Opinion among traditional Christians vary. Some say Christ's crucified body was restored to life normally; viz: in a manner consistent with the other resurrections described in the Bible; while others say Christ's crucified body came back to life as a so-called glorified body.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 09:22 AM

26,225 posts, read 14,109,783 times
No resurrection, no eternal life.

1 Corinthians 15:13-17 - But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; 14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. 15 Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; 17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:25 AM

3,023 posts, read 2,061,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyawehNyoh View Post
-
The Watch Tower Society says that Christ's crucified body is still dead and its remains are squirreled away somewhere on earth in a condition, and a location, known only to God.

Opinion among traditional Christians vary. Some say Christ's crucified body was restored to life normally; viz: in a manner consistent with the other resurrections described in the Bible; while others say Christ's crucified body came back to life as a so-called glorified body.

O.K. I'll bite.
How did Christ's crucified body get to somewhere on Earth in a condition and a location that is known only to God?

Old 03-29-2016, 09:30 AM

23,335 posts, read 12,079,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
O.K. I'll bite.
How did Christ's crucified body get to somewhere on Earth in a condition and a location that is known only to God?
Don't be silly.

Jesus is God, right? And God can do anything, even if pretending to be dead. So he Magi-Poofed the body to a Magic Body-Hiding Place!

Anybody who believes the stories in the bible should have no trouble incorporating that one too.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:50 AM

802 posts, read 292,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

1 Corinthians 15:13-17 - But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; 14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. 15 Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; 17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.
RESPONSE: How do you conclude that if Christ was not raised from the dead no one else is?

Old 03-29-2016, 09:53 AM

425 posts, read 180,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
I don't know.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Old 03-29-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle's Child View Post
RESPONSE: How do you conclude that if Christ was not raised from the dead no one else is?
Romans 6:4-11 - Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; 7 for he who has died is freed from sin. 8 Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

If He is not alive, then we will not live - for our life is in Christ Jesus.

Also...

Colossians 3:3-4 - For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.

When we believe in Christ through faith in the gospel, we join ourselves to Him - and we spiritually die with Him, and we spiritually live in Him.

Here is Paul's statement.

Galatians 2:20 - "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Christ, who is alive, is the basis for our life. If He does not live, then His followers do not live, and He is a liar.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:52 PM

4,221 posts, read 1,965,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Paul thought that sins are forgiven because Jesus was raised from the dead but Jesus never said that.

The son of man says; "If the son frees you, you shall truly be free."

Paul was a heretic who made up his own theology.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Paul thought that sins are forgiven because Jesus was raised from the dead but Jesus never said that.

The son of man says; "If the son frees you, you shall truly be free."

Paul was a heretic who made up his own theology.

Not to hi-jack the thread... not true. Feel free to start another thread to discuss.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:16 PM

20,299 posts, read 15,654,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyawehNyoh View Post
-

Regardless of the various opinions of people, the writers of the Bible are quite clear that Jesus was resurrected, and that forty days after His resurrection He ascended into heaven to be seated at the right hand of the Father. Jesus is the first fruits of those who are to be resurrected, never to die again.
Acts 1:1 The first account I composed, Theophilus, about all that Jesus began to do and teach, 2] until the day when He was taken up to heaven, after He had by the Holy Spirit given orders to the apostles whom He had chosen. 3] To these He also presented Himself alive after His suffering, by many convincing proofs, appearing to them over a period of forty days and speaking of the things concerning the kingdom of God. 4] Gathering them together, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, "Which," He said, "you heard of from Me; 5] for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now." 6] So when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, "Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?" 7] He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority; 8] but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth." 9] And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10] And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them. 11] They also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven."
Acts 2:32 "This Jesus God raised up again, to which we are all witnesses. 33] "Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear. 34] "For it was not David who ascended into heaven, but he himself says: 'THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD, "SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND, 35] UNTIL I MAKE YOUR ENEMIES A FOOTSTOOL FOR YOUR FEET."'

Jesus' resurrected body, while physical, was a glorified body of immortality and incorruptibility just as the bodies of those who have believed on Him will be at the resurrection as is stated in 1 Corinthians 15:51.

1 Cor. 15:51 Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, 52] in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53] For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54] But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory. 55] O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?
If you have any doubts about Jesus having been resurrected, there is solid historical evidence for His resurrection. The following four videos address that evidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ErnJF_nwBk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdIM8QoD8UE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWbShiINl4s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or