U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2016, 03:39 PM

58,494 posts, read 31,888,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
The article speaks for itself, it does not need to be defended..
Actually it didn't even mention the five points.

In the other hand its good you are scratching the surface to learn what evangelicalism is all about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 03:59 PM

20,582 posts, read 22,733,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Actually it didn't even mention the five points.

In the other hand its good you are scratching the surface to learn what evangelicalism is all about.
Been there lived that..No longer wanting to know, but determined to SAVE others from the torment and anxiety I experienced..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PepkNIKFaPo

Old 04-09-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Been there lived that..No longer wanting to know, but determined to SAVE others from the torment and anxiety I experienced.]
In other words you don't know why those five beliefs are so evil that they deserve to be trashed on daily bases.

Old 04-09-2016, 04:55 PM

30,193 posts, read 19,981,427 times
Quote:
Been there lived that..No longer wanting to know, but determined to SAVE others from the torment and anxiety I experienced..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PepkNIKFaPo
If I could lead one person away from bible fundamentalism to the simplicity of faith(with no add on's) expressing itself in love towards others how i know it's been expressed to them(the first love they have forsaken for their love of their belief systems), then I know I have been of some use on this earth. I wouldn't go as far as Paul to say I wish myself accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of those that he considered his brethren, but being a former bible fundamentalist in gross darkness who departed from the faith pretty quickly to follow the doctrines of fundamentalism, I understand the difficulty in turning your back on it.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:27 PM

It seems some people went from one brand of spiritual darkness to another brand, and now they blame the former brand for causing their misery. The fact that they are still disgusted about everything only proves they did not have the the truth then, and they don't have it today. See searching my friends. When you find it, you will have peace, and the desire to smear others will be erased.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:30 PM

15,156 posts, read 8,234,588 times
Quote:
It seems some people went from one brand of spiritual darkness to another brand, and now they blame the former brand for causing their misery. The fact that they are still disgusted about everything only proves they did not have the the truth then, and they don't have it today. See searching my friends. When you find it, you will have peace, and the desire to smear others will be erased.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:40 PM

Quote:
In other words you don't know why those five beliefs are so evil that they deserve to be trashed on daily bases.
Been there, lived them and was saved from them bu GOD and now accept FREE WILL as necessary, the fact the bible is ERROR RIDDEN and distracts from the message of Christ, there is NOT one way to God, LOVE does CONQUER ALL.

1. They point to a specific, personal conversion experience in which they are "born again" or "saved." According to PrayerFoundation.com, "individuals (above an age of accountability) must personally trust in Jesus Christ for salvation."

EVIL to use your word because the concept of BORN AGAIN implies GOD got it wrong the first time.

2. Evangelical Christians believe in the Bible as God's inspired Word to humankind, perfect in truth in the original text. It is the "final authority in all matters of doctrine and faith — above all human authority," according to EvangelicalBeliefs.com.

Continuing to use your word EVIL, IT IS NOT INSPIRED, it is written by MORTAL MEN who wanted to PLEASE authority and power and perpetuate a patriarchal society.

3. Evangelicals believe the work of Jesus on the cross, through his death and resurrection, is the only source of salvation and forgiveness of sins. PrayerFoundation.com makes it clear that salvation is through faith alone.

People can do nothing to earn their way to heaven. Instead, as EvangelicalBeliefs.com points out, believers do "good works in grateful response to our pardon, not to cause it."

Not the forgiveness of sin--BECAUSE WE CONTINUALLY SIN--if it were true that forgiveness of sin gained entry, we would cease to SIN...sin is unavoidable--it is why we sin (intent) that matters and how we try to avoid doing wrong / harming others in the future.

4. Evangelical Christians are strongly motivated to share the gospel either one-on-one or through organized missions. Emphasis is placed on the Great Commission's call to share with the world the Christian message of salvation through Christ, and to "be publicly baptized as a confession of faith," according to PrayerFoundation.com.

Again, your word EVIL because it INTIMIDATES others. Evangelicals whine like a child who has been ignored too long when JWs come knowing on the door--what do they think others are feeling when the evangelical says I HAVE THE TRUTH and ONLY WAY TO ETERNAL LIFE. When they tell us OR ELSE, and never realize how condescending that is, they appear stupid, rude and self-righteous.

5. Most, though not all, evangelicals believe there will be a rapture in the end times where the church will be "caught up with Christ before the Great Tribulation, leaving nonbelievers behind to suffer on Earth," states the Pew Research Center. This idea has gained attention through the "Left Behind" book series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins, and the related movies.

You can sit around, waiting for the rapture as generations of evangelicals have done all while rejecting their neighbors and community because gittb will make everything alright so let the world go to hell in a hand basket--JUST KEEP PRAYING GOD COMES SOON TO SAVE US FROM THE HELL WE HAVE MADE HERE ON EARTH..

Old 04-09-2016, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If I could lead one person away from bible fundamentalism to the simplicity of faith(with no add on's) expressing itself in love towards others how i know it's been expressed to them(the first love they have forsaken for their love of their belief systems), then I know I have been of some use on this earth. I wouldn't go as far as Paul to say I wish myself accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of those that he considered his brethren, but being a former bible fundamentalist in gross darkness who departed from the faith pretty quickly to follow the doctrines of fundamentalism, I understand the difficulty in turning your back on it.
Each of us have a path. If we walk that path in LOVE, MERCY, COMPASSION and JUSTICE, we are doing it right--where ever that path takes us..

Old 04-09-2016, 06:58 PM

37,514 posts, read 25,243,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I'm sorry, but I thought in a previous thread you stated unequivocally that the Bible is inerrant and infallible. That is equating it with Jesus Christ and equals worship. If you do NOT believe that, then I do apologize. If you do, then the shoe fits.
Just leave his name off your posts because he will use whatever you say about him to distract from answering any questions you pose. He seems not to realize that his posts allow us to infer many of his positions. He seems to think that if he did not specifically state anything, we can't know his beliefs. So he accuses us of lying about his beliefs. It is a tiresome merry-go-round to distract from ever actually thinking and answering questions that contradict his views.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:05 PM

7,696 posts, read 3,414,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Just leave his name off your posts because he will use whatever you say about him to distract from answering any questions you pose. He seems not to realize that his posts allow us to infer many of his positions. He seems to think that if he did not specifically state anything, we can't know his beliefs. So he accuses us of lying about his beliefs. It is a tiresome merry-go-round to distract from ever actually thinking and answering questions that contradict his views.
Still promoting a false made up Christ, I see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or