U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 07:47 PM

37,472 posts, read 25,217,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
This is why I do not love your god-in-the-tiny-box-of-insecurities...
The God I know says LOVE, Compassion and JUSTICE are the word of the day.
The God I know said he HATES burnt offerings and LOVES His creation.
The God I know says the bible is an ancient book written by over zealous MEN as a means of controlling the masses.
The God I know says Nietzsche was right and HUMANITY has killed the real image of God and traded it for one of FEAR, HATE, OPPRESSION and DISCRIMINATION.
The God I know says LOVE covers a multitude of sins
The God I know accepts me as I am where I am
The God I know embraces ALL of humanity
The God I know weeps when another goes hungry
The God I know weeps when one is without shelter
The God I know weeps when one is forced from their homeland
The God I know weeps when one has been imprisoned
The God I know weeps when one is thirsty
The God I know weeps when when we use the bible to justify our hate
The God I know has ZERO resemblance to to any deity that is VENGEFUL, SPITEFUL, JEALOUS (what the hell does an all powerful god-in-the-box have to be JEALOUS of?)
The God I know has proclaimed FREEDOM for the captives and FORGIVENESS for the trespassers
Save the scripture slinging for someone who is terrified of hell and so insecure as to who god-in-the-tiny-box really is, they readily swallow the myths and fairy-tales associated with eternal damnation..
As for me and those not of your flock--we will serve a God of LOVE, MERCY and JUSTICE, with a wee bit of COMPASSION thrown in for good measure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 02:46 PM

7,685 posts, read 3,408,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I didn't read the article; I'm just noting how everyone is sin conscious (which is death).

Be Christ conscious! It breaks addictions and leads us out of sin, and turns our lives around.

It's Grace! Was a gentile ever given the law?

no.
Sin is puts up a wall between us and Christ and invites demonic influences. It is most important to fight against it and obey the Holy Spirit. This is why most Christians live in discouragement and defeat.

Old 03-31-2016, 04:27 PM

20,550 posts, read 22,709,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Sin is puts up a wall between us and Christ and invites demonic influences. It is most important to fight against it and obey the Holy Spirit. This is why most Christians live in discouragement and defeat.
HATE, ANIMOSITY and BIGOTRY is what builds a wall between people and the divine..

This is why most evangelicals are sad lonely frightened people...

Old 03-31-2016, 04:30 PM

9,162 posts, read 2,773,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Amen. I don't think anyone notices that when John told Yeshua he had need of Him baptizing him and not the other way around, Yeshua didn't agree with John, instead saying to suffer it to be so, because IT WAS NECESSARY TO FULFILL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS.

So what is my point? What does the baptism of John mean to a believer? It's symbolic of being baptized UNTO REPENTANCE into the likeness of His death. This is why Paul said also, RECKON YOURSELVES DEAD. Why? DEAD MEN CAN'T SIN.

So if the Master said it's necessary to fulfill all righteousness, He's not just talking about the act of washing in water, but the act of washing in the water of Word, UNTIL WE'RE DEAD to sin.

Can anybody on this board see why this simple foundational truth about baptism being overlooked or misunderstood has caused the sort of posts we see on here from people professing to know Christ? Now if the Master said it was necessary to fulfill all righteousness, which of us has the authority to disagree, thereby calling Him a liar? Peace

Old 03-31-2016, 04:41 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,548,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Amen. I don't think anyone notices that when John told Yeshua he had need of Him baptizing him and not the other way around, Yeshua didn't agree with John, instead saying to suffer it to be so, because IT WAS NECESSARY TO FULFILL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS.

So what is my point? What does the baptism of John mean to a believer? It's symbolic of being baptized UNTO REPENTANCE into the likeness of His death. This is why Paul said also, RECKON YOURSELVES DEAD. Why? DEAD MEN CAN'T SIN.
Swing & miss...

"Reckon" in the original Greek is ypologízo - that's an accounting term. His righteousness - my depravity...done.

Much more - wish we were sitting around a campfire.

Old 04-01-2016, 09:33 AM

9,162 posts, read 2,773,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Swing & miss...

"Reckon" in the original Greek is ypologízo - that's an accounting term. His righteousness - my depravity...done.

Much more - wish we were sitting around a campfire.

I'm sorry....WHAT is your point exactly? Obviously reckon, COUNT being what it means, so I get that. And yeah, a campfire would be great. We got a TroutDude, maybe he can bring the trout to grill? Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 04-01-2016 at 09:44 AM..

Old 04-01-2016, 09:42 AM

23,258 posts, read 12,050,400 times
I'm not sure whether evangelical Christianity is the cause of the USA's sad decline or just more evidence of how far the decline extends.

Old 04-01-2016, 09:57 AM

10,455 posts, read 4,130,163 times
I would say that liberal laws caused the decline. These laws allow wack job's room to move around.

For example: Let believers in the pews handle priest abusers. You would see a quick decline in the numbers around that could be prosecuted by these liberal laws. You would also see many job posting for new pastors.

Old 04-01-2016, 10:52 AM

20,550 posts, read 22,709,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I would say that liberal laws caused the decline. These laws allow wack job's room to move around.

For example: Let believers in the pews handle priest abusers. You would see a quick decline in the numbers around that could be prosecuted by these liberal laws. You would also see many job posting for new pastors.

Why hasn't the "church" stepped up and handled these priests / ministers / pastors who violate civil laws??????????????

All they have done is allowed these felons to relocate to other institutions and they go with positive references until they are caught again????????????

But there are laws AGAINST pedophilia and such crimes are a violation of the public's trust. Until the church builds prisons, society gets dibs on judging and sentencing ALL crimes.

Old 04-01-2016, 11:36 AM

10,455 posts, read 4,130,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Why hasn't the "church" stepped up and handled these priests / ministers / pastors who violate civil laws??????????????

All they have done is allowed these felons to relocate to other institutions and they go with positive references until they are caught again????????????

But there are laws AGAINST pedophilia and such crimes are a violation of the public's trust. Until the church builds prisons, society gets dibs on judging and sentencing ALL crimes.
You just proved my point.

" ... society gets dibs on judging and sentencing ALL crimes."

We are at the mercy of the liberal's law. the degradation of society is because of liberals getting dibz on laws. Are women and children safer at night today or in 1960?

btw, we don't build prisons. Why in no-god's name would you have these people taking advantage of more of us again and again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or