U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 01:45 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,837,045 times

Advertisements

Do you think I don't know that? And it's a misinterpretation from what He meant, is my point. Not that I have any love for the RCC, but that is at least one thing, they are not included in. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 04:13 PM

15,626 posts, read 7,093,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
And if you were to issue credit on this one, would it be more....or less? Btw, Rbbi1, the evangelical "7 hills" thing is a criticism of Rome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Do you think I don't know that? And it's a misinterpretation from what He meant, is my point. Not that I have any love for the RCC, but that is at least one thing, they are not included in. Peace
Well, Rbbi1, maybe you can tell me how I misunderstood, "Do I SOUND like I worship the RCC and it's fairy tales? Puh-lease give me more credit than that."

Old 04-04-2016, 04:39 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,837,045 times
Maybe we're both talking past each other, I don't know. My point was, the 7 hills thing has not got a thing to do with Rome or the RCC. And I'm not saying that because I have any love for the RCC, far from it. Peace

Old 04-04-2016, 04:47 PM

10,753 posts, read 4,223,407 times
liberal people's laws do more harm than any religion. They don't even understand that it's their laws that let bad people put the rest of us in danger. "bad people" is not based on what belief we hold, despite what the 100iq-ers say.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:37 PM

8,686 posts, read 5,169,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
liberal people's laws do more harm than any religion. They don't even understand that it's their laws that let bad people put the rest of us in danger. "bad people" is not based on what belief we hold, despite what the 100iq-ers say.
BS--and not a degree.

Quote:
Analyses of large representative samples, from both the United States and the United Kingdom, confirm this prediction. In both countries, more intelligent children are more likely to grow up to be liberals than less intelligent children. For example, among the American sample, those who identify themselves as “very liberal” in early adulthood have a mean childhood IQ of 106.4, whereas those who identify themselves as “very conservative” in early adulthood have a mean childhood IQ of 94.8.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-conservatives

You are being a part of the 100iq-ers.
Quote:
It is difficult to define a whole school of political ideology precisely, but one may reasonably define liberalism (as opposed to conservatism) in the contemporary United States as the genuine concern for the welfare of genetically unrelated others and the willingness to contribute larger proportions of private resources for the welfare of such others. In the modern political and economic context, this willingness usually translates into paying higher proportions of individual incomes in taxes toward the government and its social welfare programs. Liberals usually support such social welfare programs and higher taxes to finance them, and conservatives usually oppose them.

Defined as such, liberalism is evolutionarily novel. Humans (like other species) are evolutionarily designed to be altruistic toward their genetic kin, their friends and allies, and members of their deme (a group of intermarrying individuals) or ethnic group. They are not designed to be altruistic toward an indefinite number of complete strangers whom they are not likely ever to meet or interact with. This is largely because our ancestors lived in a small band of 50-150 genetically related individuals, and large cities and nations with thousands and millions of people are themselves evolutionarily novel.
same source

From a study of 7000 youths born in 1970 (and this is an earlier study than those posted above)
Quote:
--- it appears to be something about the intelligent brain itself: Smart people may have a different emotional makeup, a personality that is more open to experience. Or it may be that high IQ at age ten eventually leads to more complex moral reasoning: In short, smart people alone may have the cognitive machinery that’s needed for more flexible analysis of political and moral quandaries.
http://www.psychologicalscience.org/...al-liberal.cfm

Quote:
The study, published in Psychological Science, showed that people who score low on I.Q. tests in childhood are more likely to develop prejudiced beliefs and socially conservative politics in adulthood.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1237796.html
In other words, liberals act like Jesus taught us to act---not just toward our families---but toward EVERYONE!
Quote:
"For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have?"
Matt 5:46a

Last edited by Wardendresden; 04-04-2016 at 05:45 PM..

Old 04-05-2016, 06:13 AM

20,741 posts, read 22,906,831 times
Quote:
Liberal Laws--

No Slavery

No Child Labor

Minimum Wage

5 day work week

Retirement

I will post a few hundred more later...

Old 04-05-2016, 07:47 AM

7,839 posts, read 3,470,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
BS--and not a degree.
My response to people especially "Christians" who use profanity in their replies:

"But the things that come out of a person's mouth come from the heart, and these defile them."

Matthew 15:18

Old 04-05-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
My response to people especially "Christians" who use profanity in their replies:

"But the things that come out of a person's mouth come from the heart, and these defile them."

Matthew 15:18
So the question is, does it matter if pone drops the F-bomb or if they yell FIDDLE-STICKS--if the intention, feelings and context are the same?

Or using the F-bomb when something really great happens instead of yelling OH YEAH!

Os it really the WORD that is obscene or the thought behind that word?

Old 04-05-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
While you are enjoying the list, why not post a few of the BAD LAWS????

More harmful liberal laws and ideas...

Almost all of these large or innovative government programs were strenuously resisted by conservatives.

Panama Canal

Interstate Highway System

It wasn't Ike's idea. It was a liberal initiative begun in the '30s. Ike was a liberal.

Almost all of our Labor Laws (and All Child Labor laws)

The Marshall Plan

Environmental Laws

Freedom of Information Act

Workplace safety laws

The Servicemen's Readjustment Act of 1944" (a.k.a. "The GI Bill")

Social Security

The Space Program

Securities Act of 1933 & Most banking Regulations

The Peace Corps

Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA)

The Civil rights movement

Fight against Nazis, Fascism and Totalitarianism

(Wilson, FDR ,Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy were all liberals)

The Development and Deployment for the Internet (DARPA/HPCA)

The Tennessee Valley project

Women's right to vote

Universal Public Education

National Weather Service

National Science Foundation/Basic Scientific Research

Product Labeling/Truth in Advertising Laws

Public Health Service and CDC

Morrill Land Grant Act (land for State public Universities)

Rural Electrification

Public Universities

Bank Deposit Insurance

Earned Income Tax Credit

Family and Medical Leave Act

Consumer Product Safety Commission

Public Broadcasting

Hoover Dam Project

Pell Grants

Americans With Disabilities Act

State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP)

Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act

Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010

Ended Sexual Discrimination in the U.S. Miltary

Old 04-05-2016, 11:00 AM

13,495 posts, read 4,351,465 times
This shouldn't be in the religion forum, it is a political issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or