U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 11:39 AM

32,538 posts, read 29,452,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
My response to people especially "Christians" who use profanity in their replies:

"But the things that come out of a person's mouth come from the heart, and these defile them."

Matthew 15:18
Lol....Every time you don't have a response you call people out on.....something.

If you could, as you have claimed, ignore Muslims praying at your local school board meeting one would think you could ignore some mild profanity from your fellow posters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 11:44 AM

20,644 posts, read 22,832,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
This shouldn't be in the religion forum, it is a political issue.
sry.

Just answering previous poster's claim that liberal laws have cause our great god-fearing country to stumble a bit.

P.s.

JESUS was extremely political, right?

I was led astray and tempted by the fruit of another---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5BvxPfCpp0

Old 04-05-2016, 11:58 AM

12,920 posts, read 4,969,977 times
Why do so many debates about religion turn into debates about politics? Hmmm...

Old 04-05-2016, 12:01 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,810,946 times
I've wondered that myself since I'm not in the least political. Peace

Old 04-05-2016, 12:19 PM

13,454 posts, read 4,306,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
sry.

Just answering previous poster's claim that liberal laws have cause our great god-fearing country to stumble a bit.

P.s.

JESUS was extremely political, right?

I was led astray and tempted by the fruit of another---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5BvxPfCpp0

I wouldn't have a problem with discussing politics in the Christian forum, just saying, anything said is subject to being deleted when speaking of politics in this particular forum.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:39 PM

8,648 posts, read 5,147,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
My response to people especially "Christians" who use profanity in their replies:

"But the things that come out of a person's mouth come from the heart, and these defile them."

Matthew 15:18
Holy, holy, holy!!!

Who can argue with that lily white view.

Bit let me be more circumspect in responding to your self-righteousness: in Troutdude's famous line--"That's a load of bovine excrement."

Now, don't we all feel better? I know I do!!

Old 04-05-2016, 10:03 PM

15,585 posts, read 7,052,201 times
"In certain desperate and trying circumstances profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." MT

Old 04-06-2016, 05:02 AM

347 posts, read 195,479 times
What is the cause of America’s Moral and Spiritual Decline? Easy answer: sin. We see the effects of sin everywhere: a corrupt, prideful, conceited, government, vulgarities in tv, movies, and music, unrestrained corporate avarice, etc. And then, the sin that resides in all of us and comes out in many ways: pride, fear, worry, anger, lust, greed, judging, etc.

Is it possible to reverse the decline? I'm not sure. If it is possible, it will be because of all believers coming together to pray for each other and the lost. Believers will need to stop living like the world. We need to value reading the Bible more then obsessing over the latest smartphone or smartphone apps. We need to get more excited about going to church than seeing our favorite sports team. And, even though I myself like movies once in a while, and watch some tv, all believers know deep down that 99.99% of all movies/tv we shouldn't watch.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:20 AM

20,644 posts, read 22,832,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Student66 View Post
What is the cause of America’s Moral and Spiritual Decline? Easy answer: sin. We see the effects of sin everywhere: a corrupt, prideful, conceited, government, vulgarities in tv, movies, and music, unrestrained corporate avarice, etc. And then, the sin that resides in all of us and comes out in many ways: pride, fear, worry, anger, lust, greed, judging, etc.

Is it possible to reverse the decline? I'm not sure. If it is possible, it will be because of all believers coming together to pray for each other and the lost. Believers will need to stop living like the world. We need to value reading the Bible more then obsessing over the latest smartphone or smartphone apps. We need to get more excited about going to church than seeing our favorite sports team. And, even though I myself like movies once in a while, and watch some tv, all believers know deep down that 99.99% of all movies/tv we shouldn't watch.
We need more christian sharia law? Is that the ONLY possible way to "fix" our society? Let's all gather round, read some fairy-tales and listen to some softly-spoken magic spells?

The problem is the bible--too many want a nation ruled by it and others reject the myths out right.

We really do NOT need a book written by patriarchal men to tell us how top get along..

Old 04-06-2016, 06:24 AM

802 posts, read 293,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Student66 View Post

RESPONSE: Ah yes. The famous "read the Bible" as a fix for everything. Most of the world's major religions have a similar matre about their Holy Book too.

But what is simply overlooked is that "creation" including man is imperfect. The first awareness of this was blamed on "sin."

Unless we accept the six days of creation story, the claim that because of man's sin death entered the world, it must have been very, very crowded before Adam and Eve ate that apple.

Perhaps we need to thank them for creating some space for us!

Last edited by Aristotle's Child; 04-06-2016 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or