Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 09:45 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Especially if they can use the bible as justification for their behavior..
Another Christian hater- are you another person angry with God because you haven't got your way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 11:03 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Yes - absolutely - without a doubt.

The church has clinged to the stone tablets (10 COMMANDMENTS EVERYWHERE) and told people to get right or get left, and worse...

"Sin no more, and we won't condemn you."

That's the opposite of what Jesus told us.
Christ never said, "and go sin all you want, all is forgiven." Yet that's what this article is promoting. It's saying we should never even speak against sin. Grace is all you need. It rejects the belief to hate the sin, and love the sinner and says just love the sinner. Well it's not true love if you don't warn someone that they are walking off a cliff into a sinful lifestyle, now is it?

Old 03-30-2016, 11:20 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Christ never said, "and go sin all you want, all is forgiven." Yet that's what this article is promoting. It's saying we should never even speak against sin. Grace is all you need. It rejects the belief to hate the sin, and love the sinner and says just love the sinner. Well it's not true love if you don't warn someone that they are walking off a cliff into a sinful lifestyle, now is it?
He did say GO AND SIN NO MORE..but we still continue to SIN?? We cannot even follow a SIMPLE direction from Christ.

When Jesus says YOUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN...how many times does he have to say it before we STOP? Is Jesus just referring to past sins and we will need to be FORGIVEN over and over for all future sins?

Old 03-30-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Another Christian hater- are you another person angry with God because you haven't got your way?
I LOVE GOD..I hate the evangelical twisting and misrepresentation of GOD...

as you judge so shall you be judged?

Those who teach god is to be FEARED, AWED, and WORSHIPED 24/7 are the haters.

Those who teach god is a VENGEFUL, OPPRESSIVE, send you to HELL god are the haters..

Tell me "christians" have not and DO NOT CONTINUE to use the bible to justify their hate and discrimination? Bet you cannot say it with a straight face..

Old 03-30-2016, 11:39 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:

Those who teach god is a VENGEFUL, OPPRESSIVE, send you to HELL god are the haters..

Tell me "christians" have not and DO NOT CONTINUE to use the bible to justify their hate and discrimination? Bet you cannot say it with a straight face..
Interesting...

Proverbs 1:7 - The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; Fools despise wisdom and instruction.

1 Peter 1:17 - If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth;

Exodus 15:11 - "Who is like You among the gods, O LORD? Who is like You, majestic in holiness, Awesome in praises, working wonders?

Luke 4:8 - Jesus answered him, "It is written, 'YOU SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD AND SERVE HIM ONLY.'"

Romans 12:17-21
- Never pay back evil for evil to anyone Respect what is right in the sight of all men. If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord.

2 Peter 2:4 - For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment;

Matthew 23:33 - "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how will you escape the sentence of hell?

Lots of haters in this list (including Jesus)... according to you...

Old 03-30-2016, 12:04 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
There never was a time when America was "moral." We had slavery, for Pete's sake.
Bingo. Slavery, Salem witch trials, child labor, racial segregation, women couldn't vote, etc, etc, etc.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:06 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
Quote:

And can you say YOU are in a position to cast stones at me or other Christians? I am no more capable of judging than you or anyone else. As a human being, I have opinions (like you do)- it's part of being human. I believe The Bible is absolute truth. I don't claim to understand it completely, but I choose His standards over mans watered down justifications for sinning. I am in awe of God, I fear (reverence) Him, and worship Him. His love and mercy are greater than His anger, but NOT to the point that He will give everyone a "free pass" to heaven. He sends nobody to hell- people send themselves there by rejecting Jesus Christ. Christians are human, like everyone else, and we do wrong just as you do. I apologize for nothing I've said if you are offended. I don't intend to offend you, but I also don't "sugarcoat" my beliefs in order to be PC.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:07 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Interesting...

Proverbs 1:7 - The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; Fools despise wisdom and instruction.

1 Peter 1:17 - If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth;

Exodus 15:11 - "Who is like You among the gods, O LORD? Who is like You, majestic in holiness, Awesome in praises, working wonders?

Luke 4:8 - Jesus answered him, "It is written, 'YOU SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD AND SERVE HIM ONLY.'"

Romans 12:17-21 - Never pay back evil for evil to anyone Respect what is right in the sight of all men. If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord.

2 Peter 2:4 - For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment;

Matthew 23:33 - "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how will you escape the sentence of hell?

Rebellious and unruly children hate correction and because of their inherent youthful lack of understanding, often equate it with the parent being "harsh" or "not loving", when in fact the parent is doing what is best for them and to bring them up in the way in which they should go. The natural always mirrors the spiritual, because it can do nothing else. Peace

Old 03-30-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Interesting...

Romans 12:17-21
- Never pay back evil for evil to anyone Respect what is right in the sight of all men. If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord.

This is why I do not love your god-in-the-tiny-box-of-insecurities...

The God I know says LOVE, Compassion and JUSTICE are the word of the day.
The God I know said he HATES burnt offerings and LOVES His creation.
The God I know says the bible is an ancient book written by over zealous MEN as a means of controlling the masses.

The God I know says Nietzsche was right and HUMANITY has killed the real image of God and traded it for one of FEAR, HATE, OPPRESSION and DISCRIMINATION.
The God I know says LOVE covers a multitude of sins

The God I know accepts me as I am where I am
The God I know embraces ALL of humanity
The God I know weeps when another goes hungry
The God I know weeps when one is without shelter
The God I know weeps when one is forced from their homeland
The God I know weeps when one has been imprisoned
The God I know weeps when one is thirsty
The God I know weeps when when we use the bible to justify our hate

The God I know has ZERO resemblance to to any deity that is VENGEFUL, SPITEFUL, JEALOUS (what the hell does an all powerful god-in-the-box have to be JEALOUS of?)

The God I know has proclaimed FREEDOM for the captives and FORGIVENESS for the trespassers

Save the scripture slinging for someone who is terrified of hell and so insecure as to who god-in-the-tiny-box really is, they readily swallow the myths and fairy-tales associated with eternal damnation..

As for me and those not of your flock--we will serve a God of LOVE, MERCY and JUSTICE, with a wee bit of COMPASSION thrown in for good measure.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:15 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I didn't read the article; I'm just noting how everyone is sin conscious (which is death).

Be Christ conscious! It breaks addictions and leads us out of sin, and turns our lives around.

It's Grace! Was a gentile ever given the law?

no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity