Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2016, 09:00 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You are incorrect - in that the Pharisees were unbelievers.

Believers in Christ are not a brood of vipers.
Those who believe in their OWN mage and expectations are VIPERS, those who believe as the Pharisees are VIPERS, those who HATE and USE BIGOTRY against others are VIPERS, those who claim others who do not believe exactly as they believe will experience eternal torment are VIPERS..

Those who "claim" to be believers in Christ but have distorted His message of LOVE into one of regret and obligation are VIPERS...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 11:57 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Gospel is reaching millions of people today, thanks to Evangelicals, and millions are coming to the light. Your problem is the fact that you see it as a bad thing, and feel compelled to argue it is not even happening. This is why you keep pretending there is nothing outside the borders of the US. US and Europe have already heard the message, and currently most of the work is being done elsewhere. People in US and Europe are being deceived by people like you who spend their days demonizing Christians in an attempt to distance people from Gods servants.

Disgust is the fruit of your spirit. Embrace the Spirit of God and you will have joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, nor self-control.
My disgust comes because of the fruit borne by YOUR religious tree. It is rotten and smells. It is hateful and makes people sick. It is eye pleasing but soul sickening. It is divisive not unifying. It is self-righteous, not humble. It demands its own way not only in the lives of those trapped in its quicksand, it desires to pull the rest of society into its own pit of hell. It loves itself, not others.

I am not living in another nation. I'm living in the one where your religion is destroying faith in my Savior. How can anyone embrace a faith that refuses to embrace everyone? The true Spirit of Christ is to speak out against the twisting of truth into a living lie. You are too young to know when the term evangelical meant one who brings good news to others and the Bible was a witness to the truth rather than an idol to be worshipped. But I know. I saw the change happening in my own conservative Christian college when the SBC began "cleansing" colleges and seminaries of those who didn't have the "right" beliefs.

My disgust comes as the fruit of your teaching.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:07 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
My disgust comes because of the fruit borne by YOUR religious tree.
If shouldn't come from anywhere. Embrace the Spirit of God and you will have joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, nor self-control.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
If shouldn't come from anywhere. Embrace the Spirit of God and you will have joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, nor self-control.
And why should YOU be the source of keeping those from me. Even Jesus got mad with the Pharisees that turned the Temple into an economic enterprise. Where is your joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control why YOU are the source of frustration.

Admittedly you have plenty of help. But I'm being like Jesus at the Temple, not at all displaying the fruit of the Spirit anymore than did Jesus. I don't feel that way about "sinners," as you define them, just about what you have turned the House of God into.

You love who you are and what you do---thereby enjoying the agony that you cause others. If not, the Spirit of God would convict you to leave the unrighteous path you are embarked upon and choose the solitary path of following Christ.

Quote:
As they were going along the road, someone said to Him, "I will follow You wherever You go." And Jesus said to him, "The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head."
Luke 9:57-58

You have chosen a "nest" in which to commune, but Christ has no place to lay His head, and I will not rest mine when He has none for Himself. He was literally kicked out of His own house by people proclaiming to love Him while hating others. My Christ came to bring a sword--not to the nations--but to His own house.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
And why should YOU be the source of keeping those from me. Even Jesus got mad with the Pharisees that turned the Temple into an economic enterprise. Where is your joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control why YOU are the source of frustration.
I am not keeping you from anything, I am just one of those people who you blame for your misery.

Back in the day I was like you and was offended by the light, and trying to blame others for my unhappness.

Embrace the Spirit of God and you will have joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, nor self-control.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:00 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You are incorrect - in that the Pharisees were unbelievers.

Believers in Christ are not a brood of vipers.
They were a group who thought they believed in God and were in right standing with him...... Does that sound like something to you at all?. You're answer is the typical head in the sand answer.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I am not keeping you from anything, I am just one of those people who you blame for your misery.

Back in the day I was like you and was offended by the light, and trying to blame others for my unhappness.

Embrace the Spirit of God and you will have joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness, nor self-control.
If you would embrace it, I could enjoy my own. Instead you wish to proclaim idolatry by worshiping the bible rather than Jesus. Like Jesus, I cannot see the Temple of God destroyed by those loving law more than people.

The entire gospel message was perverted by your religion. It used to be a simple message of love God with all your heart and mind and soul, and loving your neighbor as yourself. That was the summation of all the law and prophets.

Why can't YOU proclaim that and forget all the ugly nonsense you've been posting in these threads. Then you would have peace.

By the way, you are confusing righteous anger with unhappiness. I am quite happy that Christ has given me a purpose in my life---and it will be there as long as people like you continue to post. The real joy would be for you to see how mind-numbing and awful what you proclaim is.

There are many, many of us on these threads who speak of the joy of leaving fundamentalism. Not one on these threads who has ever proclaimed, "I was a liberal for Jesus, but then I found the bible and deserted Him for it. The bible I can touch, Jesus is just a "feel good" experience. Pcamps, in the post ahead of mine, had is it correctly. Pharisees think they have it right with God because they love the Law so much. But Pcamps is another who escaped from fundamentalism.

Not only might you find freedom in escaping from it, you would find purpose.

Old 04-08-2016, 06:44 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Very true Warden, I awoke to my horror one day as a bible believer claiming I worshipped Christ to see that I was chief of all vipers. Yet instead of being condemned by God for it, there was rejoicing in heaven over it, because I'd woken up and turned away from that which was killing me far more than the sin I'd condemned in others to be killing them.

Last edited by pcamps; 04-08-2016 at 06:58 PM..

Old 04-08-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
If you would embrace it, I could enjoy my own. Instead you wish to proclaim idolatry by worshiping the bible rather than Jesus.
I worship Jesus. You lie a lot. What do you think makes you do it? Could it be the same spirit that makes you feel disgusted?

Old 04-08-2016, 07:35 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You can't look at someone's heart? You can't see the good in someone's heart when they donate to a charity or give someone with a dead car battery a jump start? I can.
So, it was YOU who gave me a jump start the other night and contributed to the charity I was in the process of collecting for before my car died? Excellent! And, to think that you came all the way from the states to Australia just to do that! Excellent!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity