Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 07:49 AM

10,069 posts, read 5,683,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Lol....Every time you don't have a response you call people out on.....something.

If you could, as you have claimed, ignore Muslims praying at your local school board meeting one would think you could ignore some mild profanity from your fellow posters.
It is worth pointing it out when someone comes here and proclaims that they are the example of true loving Christianity and judges other people who believe in the Bible as being immoral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Holy, holy, holy!!!

Who can argue with that lily white view.

Bit let me be more circumspect in responding to your self-righteousness: in Troutdude's famous line--"That's a load of bovine excrement."

Now, don't we all feel better? I know I do!!
Your mockery and sarcasm is only proving my point even more.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
We need more christian sharia law? Is that the ONLY possible way to "fix" our society? Let's all gather round, read some fairy-tales and listen to some softly-spoken magic spells?

The problem is the bible--too many want a nation ruled by it and others reject the myths out right.

We really do NOT need a book written by patriarchal men to tell us how top get along..
We've been trying things your way for the last 10 years or so. Has it resulted in a better country? I see more division, less American pride, more selfishness, more school shootings, more anger and more suicide. We sure don't more need secular humanistic laws.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:37 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,063,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
We've been trying things your way for the last 10 years or so. Has it resulted in a better country? I see more division, less American pride, more selfishness, more school shootings, more anger and more suicide. We sure don't more need secular humanistic laws.

90% of these are carried out by ZEALOUS evangelical christians who have become disillusioned or brain washed..

It is a much better country in terms of equality, accessibility and opportunity.

Lots of work required for real civil rights, total opportunity and putting discrimination and bigotry back in the cellar.

Just remember who has been "controlling" the legislature in Washington and many of the states...

And speaking of getting better, those last 50 years in the conservative ruled bible-belt has just jumped started that entire economy and area hasn't it?

I mean once one drops below the Mason-Dixon, economic opportunities just about--Oxycontin entrepreneurs, drive through moon shine stands, people practicing pacing as they stand in LONG lines for those government handouts, lowest rates of education (BUT THEY LOVE TRUMP) LOWEST per capita income...

YES SIR, those conservative bible-belt folks are LIVING LARGE--off my dime and government handouts..while the liberal side (like Minnesota) is growing at RECORD PACE, booming economy, more educated, better read and improved health care.

Makes you wonder why more people are not fleeing liberal states and heading for Mississippi...

Old 04-06-2016, 09:30 AM

76,920 posts, read 47,227,002 times
Quote:
By their fruits you shall know them.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:03 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,063,673 times
Quote:
Sad days when speaking the truth is called MOCKERY and SARCASM..used to be, once upon a time, that the TRUTH was revered and RESPECTED..

That Jesus was certainly one of the best, if not a MASTER, at MOCKERY and SARCASM when He spoke to the Pharisees and with Pontius Pilate...

Old 04-06-2016, 12:46 PM

22,820 posts, read 10,236,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Student66 View Post
What is the cause of America’s Moral and Spiritual Decline? Easy answer: sin. We see the effects of sin everywhere: a corrupt, prideful, conceited, government, vulgarities in tv, movies, and music, unrestrained corporate avarice, etc. And then, the sin that resides in all of us and comes out in many ways: pride, fear, worry, anger, lust, greed, judging, etc.

Is it possible to reverse the decline? I'm not sure. If it is possible, it will be because of all believers coming together to pray for each other and the lost. Believers will need to stop living like the world. We need to value reading the Bible more then obsessing over the latest smartphone or smartphone apps. We need to get more excited about going to church than seeing our favorite sports team. And, even though I myself like movies once in a while, and watch some tv, all believers know deep down that 99.99% of all movies/tv we shouldn't watch.
A lot of people wont have a tv in the house with children, in truth, no Christian should really watch anything on TV, even the commercials will get you, lol. But I am the worst.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Sad days when speaking the truth is called MOCKERY and SARCASM..used to be, once upon a time, that the TRUTH was revered and RESPECTED..

That Jesus was certainly one of the best, if not a MASTER, at MOCKERY and SARCASM when He spoke to the Pharisees and with Pontius Pilate...
You can speak the truth without being snarky, condescending and biting in your rhetoric and tone.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:41 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,652,218 times
Quote:
You can speak the truth without being snarky, condescending and biting in your rhetoric and tone.
Almost all your posts on here are complaining that others aren't nice to you. In other words you are very selfish.

I have no problem with you calling me names--go for it. Biblical idolators will always mock the Spirit of God as the "Comforter," preferring instead that Book they have turned from good news into a message from hell.

But the thread is still true--you are causing your own demise:

Quote:
Contributions from worshippers 55 and older now account for almost two-thirds of evangelical churches’ income in the United States. A mere three percent of non-Christian Americans under 30 have a positive impression of evangelical Christianity, according to David Kinnaman, the Barna Group’s president. That’s down from 25 percent of baby boomers at a similar age. At present rates of attrition, two-thirds of evangelicals in their 20s will abandon church before they turn 30. “It’s the melting of the icebergs,” Kinnaman told me. Young people’s most common complaint, he said, is that churches are too focused on sexual issues and preoccupied with their own institutional development—in other words, he explained, “Christianity no longer looks like Jesus.”
http://www.theamericanconservative.c...tal-cathedral/

Last edited by Wardendresden; 04-06-2016 at 01:49 PM..

Old 04-06-2016, 01:45 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,015,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
By their fruits you shall know them.
Some, like the Fundamentalism Tree, don't bear any fruit at all - just thorns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity