U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-03-2016, 06:50 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,842 posts, read 9,648,146 times
Reputation: 2391

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Again, it's like this. I live on border of Indiana and Ohio and as such have been to Ohio many times, yet I live in Indiana. NO ONE on the face of the earth could tell me and make me believe I have never been to Ohio. Why? BECAUSE I'VE EXPERIENCED IT. And therefore, if you are trying to tell me the opposite, you are the liar, and not me. It's like that.
I didn't call you a liar. I was referring to people like Strobel


Quote:
No, because they could not have had the same experience, because they don't have the same fruit. The law of the seed. Peace
Thought so. You claim 'special pleading' for your religion which are not prepared to grant to other religions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-03-2016, 06:53 AM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,773,481 times
Reputation: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I didn't call you a liar. I was referring to people like Strobel


Thought so. You claim 'special pleading' for your religion which are not prepared to grant to other religions.

Well, DUH, I'm not an idolater, so was kinda a given wasn't it? And again, there is that pesky law of the seed you can't get around. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 07:16 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,842 posts, read 9,648,146 times
Reputation: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Well, DUH, I'm not an idolater, so was kinda a given wasn't it?
Yes of course it was. Like all theists of whatever persuasion, you believe that your particular religion is true and all others are false...and the very same arguments that you use to justify that belief, you dismiss when they come from any other religion. That's why we call it 'special pleading'.

Quote:
And again, there is that pesky law of the seed you can't get around.
Your problem is that, like every religion on the planet, you think that only your particular 'seed' is fertile and will prosper but there are religions being practised today that have grown and prospered for far longer than yours..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 09:47 AM
 
8,540 posts, read 11,872,774 times
Reputation: 3082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Again, it's like this. I live on border of Indiana and Ohio and as such have been to Ohio many times, yet I live in Indiana. NO ONE on the face of the earth could tell me and make me believe I have never been to Ohio. Why? BECAUSE I'VE EXPERIENCED IT. And therefore, if you are trying to tell me the opposite, you are the liar, and not me. It's like that.


No, because they could not have had the same experience, because they don't have the same fruit. The law of the seed. Peace
If you had lived thousands of years ago you would have attributed your experienced to whatever god was prevalent in your day. (Zeus, Jupiter, etc)

What makes your experience any different from the experience of people who were exposed to different faith traditions from yours? What evidence have you received?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 11:29 AM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,773,481 times
Reputation: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
If you had lived thousands of years ago you would have attributed your experienced to whatever god was prevalent in your day. (Zeus, Jupiter, etc)

What makes your experience any different from the experience of people who were exposed to different faith traditions from yours? What evidence have you received?

The evidence of the Spirit, of course. And there is only one Holy Spirit, who's job it is to produce full grown spiritual sons, like unto the firstfruits. And if there is a firstfruits, it is of a necessity that be a second harvest, by virtue of the meaning of the word. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 11:31 AM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,773,481 times
Reputation: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Yes of course it was. Like all theists of whatever persuasion, you believe that your particular religion is true and all others are false...and the very same arguments that you use to justify that belief, you dismiss when they come from any other religion. That's why we call it 'special pleading'.

Your problem is that, like every religion on the planet, you think that only your particular 'seed' is fertile and will prosper but there are religions being practised today that have grown and prospered for far longer than yours..
Yes, they have and they STILL haven't produced a mature son. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,842 posts, read 9,648,146 times
Reputation: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Yes, they have and they STILL haven't produced a mature son. Peace
...and there is no verifiable evidence for yours either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 11:40 AM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,773,481 times
Reputation: 657
Ours in coming swiftly, theirs will never come. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,842 posts, read 9,648,146 times
Reputation: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Ours in coming swiftly, theirs will never come. Peace
There's that old special pleading again.

You need to show that yours was here in the first place before you start claiming he's coming back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2016, 11:44 AM
 
8,540 posts, read 11,872,774 times
Reputation: 3082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
The evidence of the Spirit, of course. And there is only one Holy Spirit, who's job it is to produce full grown spiritual sons, like unto the firstfruits. And if there is a firstfruits, it is of a necessity that be a second harvest, by virtue of the meaning of the word. Peace
What if I were to tell you that I believe in the same Spirit you believe in. But I don't accept that just because that Spirit was written about in a story as belonging to one religion, then that story must be true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top