U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 10:53 AM

10,474 posts, read 4,130,163 times

Advertisements

anything that is "good" can be twisted to "bad". Everything. How we would twist things is a look into ourselves. Of course I don't do spiritual solutions really, I do engineering, so the twist clues me in on how I distort things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 02:51 PM

58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Only when people ask inane questions they really do not want answered because they are too lazy or arrogant to read for themselves..

APATHY is discussed in the ARTICLE and has 3-4 other paragraphs that explain it, really...I do not believe your god-in-the-tiny-box-of-insecurities will strike you dead if you READ it...if the link does not work on your satanic browser, please let me know..

Every question you ask of me, I also ask of you--

Why do you always have to be so unkind and patronizing?

2.) APATHY

Apathy’s best friends are passivity and entitlement. Together, they’re a vicious threesome.

There’s nothing mediocre or normal about God. His power is beyond comprehension. His beauty is beyond description. His love is beyond measure. The same God who created the universe and formed stars desires a relationship with you.

Yet, the attitude is often, “Okay, God loves me. That’s great. What’s for lunch?” No. You don’t get it, bro. God loves you. And you’re content with, “That’s great.”

What?!

Our apathetic approach to God explains a lot about why people in America aren’t lining up to become Christians.

I mean, think about it. How many Christians have you met that left you thinking, “Wow, I want to be like them?” But this should be the norm, right? Am I way off here? Shouldn’t you be so transformed by God that people want to ask about your life, even if they hate God?

In Scripture, when men and women truly experience God, everything changes. Everything. So, that begs the question, “Have you experienced God?”
If you don't have an answer, you should either admit it, or say nothing. Trying to chicken-dance your way out of it impresses no one.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Christianity as a body of belief supports no sin.
That's why I asked him to explain what he meant by saying Christianity supports those sins. Not surprisingly, there was no answer, only personal stabs.

Old 04-02-2016, 03:07 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,166,080 times
chicken dance, lol. I'm stealing that one

Old 04-02-2016, 03:22 PM

20,551 posts, read 22,709,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's why I asked him to explain what he meant by saying Christianity supports those sins. Not surprisingly, there was no answer, only personal stabs.
christianty makes excuses and ignores select sins. LIKE greed, lies, oppression, hate, and the rest of the list because if the church took a stand and recognized these as sins, too many members would recognize the HYPOCRISY because the church says IT IS OK TO BE WEALTHY (aka excessively GREEDY) and then uses scripture to justify that excessive wealth while their community is homeless, hungry and cold.

By all means feel free to READ and glean your own answers..

I think the more precise word you want instead of "stabs' would be jabs...

Old 04-02-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
christianty makes excuses and ignores select sins. LIKE greed, lies, oppression, hate, and the rest of the list because if the church took a stand and recognized these as sins, too many members would recognize the HYPOCRISY because the church says IT IS OK TO BE WEALTHY (aka excessively GREEDY) and then uses scripture to justify that excessive wealth while their community is homeless, hungry and cold.
Christianity does recognize lying, oppression, hate etc as sins. Whoever told you otherwise lied to you.

Old 04-02-2016, 03:33 PM

20,551 posts, read 22,709,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you don't have an answer, you should either admit it, or say nothing. Trying to chicken-dance your way out of it impresses no one.
I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or