U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 08:26 AM

58,651 posts, read 32,108,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Read a bit closer, Finn. He didn't say 90% of Christians---he said 90% of EVANGELICALS. It's difficult for a committed evangelical to be a real Christian--at least in terms of love and mercy---they are too busy deifying Paul's writing.
Do "real christians" bear false witness against their neighbor?

If you support the claim, and since the author is not answering, you can answer for him.

Please prove that 90% of evangelicals REFUSE to practice LOVE, MERCY, JUSTICE and COMPASSION.

You guys ooze with resentment for evangelical Christians, but it's simply not smart to make claims (or defend such claims) which are impossible to back up. Everyone knows the claims are invented for the sole purpose of smearing other people.

Where is the LOVE, MERCY, JUSTICE and COMPASSION you guys keep talking about? All I see is venom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 09:58 AM

20,660 posts, read 22,846,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

If you support the claim, and since the author is not answering, you can answer for him.

Please prove that 90% of evangelicals REFUSE to practice LOVE, MERCY, JUSTICE and COMPASSION.

You guys ooze with resentment for evangelical Christians, but it's simply not smart to make claims (or defend such claims) which are impossible to back up. Everyone knows the claims are invented for the sole purpose of smearing other people.

Where is the LOVE, MERCY, JUSTICE and COMPASSION you guys keep talking about? All I see is venom.
Evangelicals Neglect the Poor

The Anti-Jesus Party

10 Ways Conservatives Donít Act Anything Like Christians

Old 04-04-2016, 10:31 AM

2,796 posts, read 866,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Yet...the Holy Spirit did work with the individual styles of the individuals. Just like he uses you to accomplish his will, and he uses me, and everyone else. No--he has not inspired me to write scripture, but he does guide my life.
So gods will is for me to not believe? Do you think I'm being used by your god to test your faith, Viz?

Romans 9:18
http://biblehub.com/romans/9-18
Holman Christian Standard Bible
So then, He shows mercy to those He wants to, and He hardens those He wants to harden.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:01 AM

You won't be able to prove it, because everyone knows you invented the claim to make Christians look bad.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:17 AM

20,660 posts, read 22,846,894 times
Quote:

You won't be able to prove it, because everyone knows you invented the claim to make Christians look bad.
HUH? you links did not work????

Let me see if I can fix that...

EVANGELICALS, I said EVANGELICALS....I never mentioned christian...christian starts with the letter "C" and evangelical starts with the letter "E"

Not all of us christians are evangelical, though it is true all evangelicalism are indeed------

Old 04-04-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

EVANGELICALS, I said EVANGELICALS....I never mentioned christian...christian starts with the letter "C" and evangelical starts with the letter "E"

Not all of us christians are evangelical, though it is true all evangelicalism are indeed------
For the 3rd time: Please prove that 90% of evangelicals REFUSE to practice LOVE, MERCY, JUSTICE and COMPASSION.

I didn't ask what you think about the Republican party.

The word evangelical derives from a greek word meaning good news, the gospel. An evangelical Christian is a person who shares the good news. I am sorry it offends you.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:15 PM

7,757 posts, read 3,447,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

You're just mad because we don't support homosexuality and now you want to label us as non-Christians? Ridiculous. Take a look at evangelical churches and you'll find most of them have ministries and programs to help the needy.

Old 04-04-2016, 02:20 PM

8,653 posts, read 5,151,894 times
Quote:

Yet you don't see it in the Bible either--and it isn't necessary to prove what evangelicals believe because they believe in spreading everything they "believe" on the internet and news media. It's read almost every day. The latest was the attempt in Georgia to pass still another "religious freedom" act, which really should be called the "gay persecution" act.

And nobody has borne false witness---PROVE it, Mr. Proof.

Is it possible for an evangelical to be a christian. Certainly!! Just as Jesus said it was easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven. Possible, just extremely difficult.

Old 04-04-2016, 02:23 PM

8,653 posts, read 5,151,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You're just mad because we don't support homosexuality and now you want to label us as non-Christians? Ridiculous. Take a look at evangelical churches and you'll find most of them have ministries and programs to help the needy.
If that doesn't include needy homosexuals its a waste of your time bragging about it.

As Jesus said,
Quote:
"For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?"
Matt. 5:46-47

Old 04-04-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
They use the words 'evangelical christian' like it was a bad word, but it seems they do not even know what it means. Some evangelicals can be very progressive, and even Catholics can be Evangelical Christians. As a matter of fact pope Francis has been referred to as an "Evangelical Catholic". Jews can be evangelicals.

What do evangelicals do? They preach the gospel. Jesus did. He was evangelical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity