U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 09:18 AM

4,221 posts, read 1,962,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
"Whoever believes in the sun possesses eternal life." That's "Son" - son of God. (John 3.6) Not the sun in the sky. I'd say it's a serious no-no rewriting the Bible.
Yes, Son not Sun. My bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I'm not sure I understand your post here, but I want to address the opening statement.....WHO said Paul didn't write 9:22? Are you deducing that from 1 John 1:7, like they somehow contradict one another? THERE ARE NO CONTRADICTIONS, IF you make it according to the pattern shown in the mount.

Lack of understanding on what sin is, is the first thing. Sin is not just a verb, it's a noun. As as a noun, it's a thing, a principality to be exact, that in your flesh, and in all of our flesh. It's responsible for birthing things into our flesh, and THIS FLESH is the reason why without the shedding of blood (it's blood/life, you kill it) there is no remission FOR those sins. Why? Because you let it live in you, instead of killing it, applying the blood of the Lamb to overcome it. This is how we pick up our cross and follow Him, and how we work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. Peace
Sin is not believing in the Son as Jesus said; "Sin because they do not believe in me."

Believing is doing the works He did. The works are the words of God as Jesus stated not miracles. Although there may be miracles involved but not necessary.

"The words I speak are not my own it is the Father who lives in me performing His works."

Those who are given to the son keep the words of God and accept them. As Jesus said they are sent as He was sent with the same words and glory. Now that is what is meant by keeping the word of God, spreading it is accepting it.

As it is written;

"The Lord guides the humble to righteousness and He teaches the meek His way."

I am meek and humble of heart, follow the prophets and serve the Lord and you will live.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:28 AM

19,952 posts, read 12,963,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
We all know there are no witnesses to what Paulie claimed to be interaction / conversation with Christ, right?

How is that whole Pauilie is greater than Christ thing working out?
You think Paul is greater than Jesus? I sure don't. Nor are Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John any more inspired than Paul.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:30 AM

19,952 posts, read 12,963,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Paul was an impostor.

I do nothing on my own. I judge as I hear and my judgment is righteous because I am not seeking my own will but the will of Him who sent me.

Whoever seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.
You didn't answe the question. Do you ever sin?

Old 04-03-2016, 11:36 AM

13,842 posts, read 9,648,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You didn't answe the question.
Well there's the pot calling the kettle black!!

Old 04-03-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
No.

The son can do nothing on his own he can only do what he sees the Father doing, whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him.

No one has gone up to heaven except the one who came down from heaven, the son of man.

I came down from heaven to do the will of Him who sent me not my own.

Anyone who chooses to do His will and follow me shall know about this teaching namely whether it comes from God or I am speaking on my own.

I do nothing on my own. I only say what the Lord has taught me for the One who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him.

The Lord who sent me commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He instructed me.

Old 04-03-2016, 02:59 PM

20,292 posts, read 15,638,239 times
Quote:
Quote:
No.
1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9] If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10] If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:08 PM

17,689 posts, read 8,866,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9] If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10] If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.
We all have missed the mark, but the point is - are you still falling short?

Old 04-03-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Some people think that the cross and resurrection redeem those who believe in it but Jesus said the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. So how is it that Jesus makes sinners righteous because He died for their sins when He never said that?

He said those who believe in Him do the works He did and have eternal life. So it is the works that make one righteous so as to enter the kingdom of God and eternal life.

Quote Paul all you want but it is Jesus who I follow and the prophets before Him.

"The righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father."

"Whoever believes in the sun possesses eternal life."

"The man who believes in me shall do the works I do"

"Anyone who acts in truth comes to the light so his deeds are revealed as works of God."

"Whoever seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him."
No one is righteous in God's sight apart from having received the imputed righteousness of Jesus through faith in Him, as Paul makes so very clear in Romans chapters 3-5.

And as Jesus Himself said,
Mark 10:18 And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.
Jesus wasn't denying that He was God, but was trying to get the man to whom He was speaking to think about what he was saying.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
We all have missed the mark, but the point is - are you still falling short?
You will sin for as long as you live. That applies to everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity