U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 11:32 AM

1,406 posts, read 391,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Paul was an impostor.

I do nothing on my own. I judge as I hear and my judgment is righteous because I am not seeking my own will but the will of Him who sent me.

Whoever seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.
Well Peter thought Paul was fine..........a "dear brother"........

14Therefore, beloved, as you anticipate these things, make every effort to be found at peace with Him, without spot or blemish. 15Consider also that our Lord’s patience brings salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom God gave him. 16He writes this way in all his letters, speaking in them about such matters. Some parts of his letters are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 09:33 PM

484 posts, read 333,696 times
Greetings. This is actually a good thread. I have to agree that the righteous have no need of the cross. The only problem, though, is that the Bible tells us there is none righteous. We read in another place that "we are all like an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; we all fade as a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away".
(Isa 64:6)

This is why we read, for example, a verse like 2 Cor 5:21, which states: "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him".

And we can see that this has everything to do with the cross. We also see that we can only be declared righteous in Christ. This is why Paul can declare in Galatians 6:14, "But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ..."

It is interesting thatsome considerthe message of the cross to be foolishness, while to others it is the power of God (1 Cor 1:18). This is quite a contrast, to be sure. I, along with Paul, will boast only in the cross of Christ. I know that there is no other way for me to be reconciled to God. So I will praise God for His amazing love, that Christ would die for me (Romans 5:8... " But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us").

May God be pleased to cause yet many more to embrace the cross, and place their hope and trust in the atoning death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:58 AM

26,268 posts, read 13,935,357 times
[
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAA2310 View Post
Greetings. This is actually a good thread. I have to agree that the righteous have no need of the cross. The only problem, though, is that the Bible tells us there is none righteous. We read in another place that "we are all like an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; we all fade as a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away"

There were at least a few in the Tanakh that G-d called righteous...So, there were righteous men...

The following is speaking about israel, not the entire world...And it says that they have become like one that is unclean because the RIGHTEOUS have departed from them...So, if no one is righteous then how did the righteous depart from them?...

Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 64

5 And we all have become like one unclean, and like a discarded garment are all our righteous deeds, and we all have withered like a leaf, and our iniquities carry us away like the wind.

Rashi's Commentary:

And we all have become like one unclean: since the righteous have departed from us.

and like a discarded garment: Heb. עַדִּים. [Jonathan renders:] and like a discarded garment, like a rejected garment, which all say, ‘Remove.’ עִדִּים is the Aramaic translation of removal.

and we… have withered like a leaf: Heb. וַנָּבֶל, and we have withered like a leaf; fletrire in French.

and our iniquities carry us away like the wind: [Jonathan renders:] And with our sins we were carried away like the wind.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:29 AM

540 posts, read 216,658 times
If you accept Jesus you accept the one who sent Jesus. God

Old 03-22-2017, 08:46 AM

26,268 posts, read 13,935,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Nightsong View Post
If you accept Jesus you accept the one who sent Jesus. God
Why not just accept G-d?...

Old 03-22-2017, 11:09 AM

26,222 posts, read 14,109,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
How can you honestly accept God without accepting the Son whom He sent? Maybe you can, but then...

If you reject Jesus, His only Son, whom God sent to do a favor for all of mankind - how would God regard that?

Last edited by DRob4JC; 03-22-2017 at 12:06 PM..

Old 03-22-2017, 11:13 AM

Why not accept Jesus thereby accepting god?

Old 03-22-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You can accept them both Jesus said so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity