Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 10:02 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times

Advertisements

Some people think that the cross and resurrection redeem those who believe in it but Jesus said the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. So how is it that Jesus makes sinners righteous because He died for their sins when He never said that?

He said those who believe in Him do the works He did and have eternal life. So it is the works that make one righteous so as to enter the kingdom of God and eternal life.

Quote Paul all you want but it is Jesus who I follow and the prophets before Him.

"The righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father."

"Whoever believes in the sun possesses eternal life."

"The man who believes in me shall do the works I do"

"Anyone who acts in truth comes to the light so his deeds are revealed as works of God."

"Whoever seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 11:24 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
You do realize that Paul was commissioned and received direct teaching from Jesus, right?

But how's the obedience thing working out? Do you ever sin?

Old 04-03-2016, 02:50 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
"Whoever believes in the sun possesses eternal life." That's "Son" - son of God. (John 3.6) Not the sun in the sky. I'd say it's a serious no-no rewriting the Bible.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:22 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Some scriptures which Apostle Paul did NOT write were; Hebrews 9:22 ``without the shedding of the blood there is no remission of sin ``................................... 1 John 1:7 ``The blood of Jesus His son cleanse us from all sin``........................................ Hebrews 13:12 ``Where for Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood , suffered without the gate` .........................................Hebrews 10:19, 22 ``Having there for , brethren , boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus ....Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience ``.............................................. Revelations 12:11 ``And they overcame him satan by the blood of the Lamb , and by the word of their testimony ``....................... John 6:53 ``So Jesus said to them `truly , truly , I tell you , unless you eat the flesh and drink the blood of the son of Man , you have no life in you ``................... As the flesh of Jesus represents His spirit and drink the blood of Jesus which represent redemption , as we get our righteousness of Jesus , as our own righteousness alone will not be worthy in the kingdom of heaven .................................................. ..................See Nothing but the blood of Jesus Christ as for grace as the sacrifice of the Cross of Jesus is God only judgment for man , and the righteous who are born of Jesus Christ will still need to repent of sins by the judgment of the blood of Jesus as it is God only judgment for man , because the world is full of sin , and the righteous in the world will never completely over come the world and the sin in it , until they pass on and enter Heaven..............And even in Heaven the blood of Jesus will be of honor

Old 04-03-2016, 04:02 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You do realize that Paul was commissioned and received direct teaching from Jesus, right?But how's the obedience thing working out? Do you ever sin?
Yes Apostle Paul was not a heretic and some may believe , as Jesus had performed many miracles through Apostle Paul from the book of Acts 9:1-9 Paul heals a cripple man , ....Acts 28:3-6 viper bites and Paul lives ....Acts 20:9-12 Paul raises Eutychus from the dead to life.........Acts 16:25, 26 .Paul and Silas jail doors are opened by a earthquake ........Acts 16:16 Paul delivers a familiar spirit out of a women by Jesus ........ Believers who reject the teaching on the grace of God by Paul would just loose some of God blessing for His children and this would be just the lesser critics of Jesus Christ , where people can still be saved to Jesus but miss out on some blessing

Old 04-03-2016, 04:25 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
You do realize that Paul was commissioned and received direct teaching from Jesus, right?

We all know there are no witnesses to what Paulie claimed to be interaction / conversation with Christ, right?

How is that whole Pauilie is greater than Christ thing working out?

Old 04-03-2016, 04:27 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Yes Apostle Paul was not a heretic and some may believe , as Jesus had performed many miracles through Apostle Paul from the book of Acts 9:1-9 Paul heals a cripple man , ....Acts 28:3-6 viper bites and Paul lives ....Acts 20:9-12 Paul raises Eutychus from the dead to life.........Acts 16:25, 26 .Paul and Silas jail doors are opened by a earthquake ........Acts 16:16 Paul delivers a familiar spirit out of a women by Jesus ........ Believers who reject the teaching on the grace of God by Paul would just loose some of God blessing for His children and this would be just the lesser critics of Jesus Christ , where people can still be saved to Jesus but miss out on some blessing
Even Pharaoh's "magician" turned his staff into a serpent...

Old 04-03-2016, 06:38 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Some scriptures which Apostle Paul did NOT write were; Hebrews 9:22 ``without the shedding of the blood there is no remission of sin ``................................... 1 John 1:7 ``The blood of Jesus His son cleanse us from all sin``........................................ Hebrews 13:12 ``Where for Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood , suffered without the gate` .........................................Hebrews 10:19, 22 ``Having there for , brethren , boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus ....Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience ``.............................................. Revelations 12:11 ``And they overcame him satan by the blood of the Lamb , and by the word of their testimony ``....................... John 6:53 ``So Jesus said to them `truly , truly , I tell you , unless you eat the flesh and drink the blood of the son of Man , you have no life in you ``................... As the flesh of Jesus represents His spirit and drink the blood of Jesus which represent redemption , as we get our righteousness of Jesus , as our own righteousness alone will not be worthy in the kingdom of heaven .................................................. ..................See Nothing but the blood of Jesus Christ as for grace as the sacrifice of the Cross of Jesus is God only judgment for man , and the righteous who are born of Jesus Christ will still need to repent of sins by the judgment of the blood of Jesus as it is God only judgment for man , because the world is full of sin , and the righteous in the world will never completely over come the world and the sin in it , until they pass on and enter Heaven..............And even in Heaven the blood of Jesus will be of honor

I'm not sure I understand your post here, but I want to address the opening statement.....WHO said Paul didn't write 9:22? Are you deducing that from 1 John 1:7, like they somehow contradict one another? THERE ARE NO CONTRADICTIONS, IF you make it according to the pattern shown in the mount.

Lack of understanding on what sin is, is the first thing. Sin is not just a verb, it's a noun. As as a noun, it's a thing, a principality to be exact, that in your flesh, and in all of our flesh. It's responsible for birthing things into our flesh, and THIS FLESH is the reason why without the shedding of blood (it's blood/life, you kill it) there is no remission FOR those sins. Why? Because you let it live in you, instead of killing it, applying the blood of the Lamb to overcome it. This is how we pick up our cross and follow Him, and how we work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. Peace

Old 04-03-2016, 06:41 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Some people think that the cross and resurrection redeem those who believe in it but Jesus said the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. So how is it that Jesus makes sinners righteous because He died for their sins when He never said that?

He said those who believe in Him do the works He did and have eternal life. So it is the works that make one righteous so as to enter the kingdom of God and eternal life.

Quote Paul all you want but it is Jesus who I follow and the prophets before Him.

"The righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father."

"Whoever believes in the sun possesses eternal life."

"The man who believes in me shall do the works I do"

"Anyone who acts in truth comes to the light so his deeds are revealed as works of God."

"Whoever seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him."
If you believe in the "sun" you understand conversation laws. so we don't really die.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:17 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
Quote:

Paul was an impostor.

I do nothing on my own. I judge as I hear and my judgment is righteous because I am not seeking my own will but the will of Him who sent me.

Whoever seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity