U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 06:23 PM

2,654 posts, read 1,384,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Destroy this temple and raze it I will in 3 days

Interpretation?
Why was this used against him at his trial?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 11:27 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,596,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Why was this used against him at his trial?
We don't really know what was used against him at his trial or even if it was a real trial.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:33 PM

and at last two false witnesses having come near,
said, `This one said, I am able to throw down the sanctuary of God, and after three days to build it.'
And the chief priest having stood up, said to him, `Nothing thou dost answer! what do these witness against thee?
and Jesus was silent.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:35 PM

And certain having risen up, were bearing false testimony against him, saying -- `We heard him saying -- I will throw down this sanctuary made with hands, and by three days, another made without hands I will build;'
and neither so was their testimony alike.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:59 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,784,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
We don't really know what was used against him at his trial or even if it was a real trial.

It wasn't a real trial, that much is true. They had it at night and omitted half of the legal participants; they broke their own laws to find him guilty. Peace

Old 04-07-2016, 08:51 AM

598 posts, read 240,964 times
Jesus never talked about destroying the temple of stone and only referred to His many member body that would be perfected on the third day.

John 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

2:22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Only the disciples thought he was talking about his own personal body for Jesus was talking about the many member body that would be perfected in this day and time

Jesus was all about prophecy and speaking of when what He had started when He came to earth and planted seeds to bring forth 100 fold fruit and exact image and likeness of Him that has been the plan all along

In the next verse that's speaks about casting out demons for the last 2000 years but now that we are coming to the third day it is time for the manifested songs being revealed which is the fulfillment of wind gods sitting the very beginning that he was there make man in his image and likeness Himself. This plan of God being fulfilled is what the whole purpose of the stories within the Bible all topic the Bibl fit in somewhere between man starting off just being made in the image of God but through God's plan at working completed in Revelation is man finally coming forth in both the image and likeness of God is 100% exact copy of Jesus Christ, Praise the lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luke 13:32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox[b], Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

22The witnesses who said that he was speaking of the Stone Temple were false witnesses as proven below.

Matt.26:60 But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, yet found they none. At the last came two false witnesses,

61 And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or