U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 09:11 PM

2,654 posts, read 1,384,186 times

Advertisements

Destroy this temple and raze it I will in 3 days

Interpretation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 09:17 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,784,110 times
Well, there's the obvious......and then there's the body of sons that He's getting ready to raise up, in this, the third day dawning, since the Head raised up, because He will have a place to lay His Head, on a body He is not ashamed to call brethren. Who are my brethren? Even those that do the will of My Father in heaven. Peace

Old 04-03-2016, 09:25 PM

20,301 posts, read 15,658,083 times
John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." 20] The Jews then said, "It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?" 21] But He was speaking of the temple of His body. 22] So when He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He said this; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken.

Jesus was of course referring to the fact that after being put to death He would be resurrected in three days.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:25 PM

5,513 posts, read 2,595,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post

Interpretation?
You made a typo there. If it is destroyed then it is already razed. OK you meant to say raise. You can ask the mods to correct it for you though.

Old 04-04-2016, 03:27 AM

7,861 posts, read 6,669,826 times
Yes Jesus was a spiritual temple of Jesus Christ , who would of been destroyed on the cross and raised up in three days .................Christians have the spiritual temple of the Holy Spirit were Jesus Holy Spirit abides of the believer with a presence of God , and if they sin and it becomes a curse then God will not answer the prayers of this believer , where the believer will have to repent and break the curse of dark spirits of this world and God will then answer prayer for the believer ...See the Christians gets His spiritual temple of Holy Spirit by the righteousness of Jesus Christ , and not on man`s righteousness

Old 04-04-2016, 10:12 AM

598 posts, read 240,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." 20] The Jews then said, "It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?" 21] But He was speaking of the temple of His body. 22] So when He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He said this; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken.

Jesus was of course referring to the fact that after being put to death He would be resurrected in three days.
The temple spoken by Jesus was never anything else than the temple of His body that has always been a temple of many members that never did fail and continued to work on just fine throughout the crucifixion, the Resurrection and ascension of Jesus unto heaven all the way up until the death of the last apostle that was when "the last Livelystone neatly fitted together was finally torn down".

This destruction of the temple was prophesied by Paul in Thessalonians when he said "until he who letteth let be taken out of the way (that when translated refers to the guardians of the truth being taken out of the way who where the apostles who were the only true teachers of the truth the church has ever known) because ever since the time of the last apostle being at the helm of the church allowed in those who were already teaching lies within the church to take over the pulpit

Since the death of the last apostle the truth has not been taught in the church.

I have obviously paid you with many compliments for your standing up for the authenticity of the Scriptures,

However, your knowledge of prophecy is not on the same level and I know you love the Lord

From the bottom of my heart I hope you can accept this in the spirit it is written in

I give my book away for free, you should read it, and I say this as a brother in Christ who has a lot of affection for you. Unfortunately, here in the hospital their Internet is not working correctly and I am unable to send out free e-books until I get out of here.(Hopefully Wednesday afternoon after my fourth treatment)

Blessings to you

Doug

Old 04-04-2016, 10:58 AM

20,301 posts, read 15,658,083 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
The temple spoken by Jesus was never anything else than the temple of His body that has always been a temple of many members that never did fail and continued to work on just fine throughout the crucifixion, the Resurrection and ascension of Jesus unto heaven all the way up until the death of the last apostle that was when "the last Livelystone neatly fitted together was finally torn down".

This destruction of the temple was prophesied by Paul in Thessalonians when he said "until he who letteth let be taken out of the way (that when translated refers to the guardians of the truth being taken out of the way who where the apostles who were the only true teachers of the truth the church has ever known) because ever since the time of the last apostle being at the helm of the church allowed in those who were already teaching lies within the church to take over the pulpit

Since the death of the last apostle the truth has not been taught in the church.

I have obviously paid you with many compliments for your standing up for the authenticity of the Scriptures,

However, your knowledge of prophecy is not on the same level and I know you love the Lord

From the bottom of my heart I hope you can accept this in the spirit it is written in

I give my book away for free, you should read it, and I say this as a brother in Christ who has a lot of affection for you. Unfortunately, here in the hospital their Internet is not working correctly and I am unable to send out free e-books until I get out of here.(Hopefully Wednesday afternoon after my fourth treatment)

Blessings to you

Doug
Hi Doug.

The temple of which Jesus spoke was of course His body.

However, what Paul meant in 2 Thessalonians 2:7 with his reference to ''only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way.,' has been argued by theologians over the years. I hold to the view that the reference is to the indwelling presence of God the Holy Spirit in the church age believer, and that it is His indwelling presence which restrains the 'man of lawlessness' 2Thess. 2:3; (referred to as 'the prince who is to come' in Daniel 9:26) from appearing while the church is on the earth. And that once the church is raptured, while God the Holy Spirit who is omnipresent will still be present, He will allow the antichrist to appear and sign the peace treaty with Israel - the covenant with the many in Daniel 9:27 which will officially begin the 70th week of Daniel's 70 weeks (of years) prophecy which is the still future 7 year Tribulation.

And while there is much being taught in the church which is false, and false teachings were present even while the apostles were still alive making it necessary to warn against false doctrines, I do not agree that the truth is not taught at all in any local church congregations. I know of several good Biblically oriented churches.

I hope your treatments go well and that your condition improves.

Mike

Old 04-04-2016, 02:50 PM

598 posts, read 240,896 times
Quote:
Hi Doug.

The temple of which Jesus spoke was of course His body.

However, what Paul meant in 2 Thessalonians 2:7 with his reference to ''only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way.,' has been argued by theologians over the years. I hold to the view that the reference is to the indwelling presence of God the Holy Spirit in the church age believer, and that it is His indwelling presence which restrains the 'man of lawlessness' 2Thess. 2:3; (referred to as 'the prince who is to come' in Daniel 9:26) from appearing while the church is on the earth. And that once the church is raptured, while God the Holy Spirit who is omnipresent will still be present, He will allow the antichrist to appear and sign the peace treaty with Israel - the covenant with the many in Daniel 9:27 which will officially begin the 70th week of Daniel's 70 weeks (of years) prophecy which is the still future 7 year Tribulation.

And while there is much being taught in the church which is false, and false teachings were present even while the apostles were still alive making it necessary to warn against false doctrines, I do not agree that the truth is not taught at all in any local church congregations. I know of several good Biblically oriented churches.

I hope your treatments go well and that your condition improves.

Mike
Hi Mike,

Thank you for your kindness and it really is a pleasure to be able to have a dialogue with someone such as yourself

The good news is I am just been released, the absolutely terrible news that could not be worse is I have been released back to the care of the VA.

I am utterly devastated

As I said in the other thread, either God heals me or I die!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 65 years old and I have been reduced to tears. It is like I have no one on my side whatsoever.

I will try to work on something along a subject line we have been speaking of. You are a true brother in Christ I really appreciate the opportunity to have met you.

Your Brother in Christ

Doug

Old 04-04-2016, 02:53 PM

8,692 posts, read 11,432,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post

Interpretation?
My interpretation is like Yoda's speak, you do.

Old 04-04-2016, 02:59 PM

2,654 posts, read 1,384,186 times
Are you really unaware of the fact that different languages have different word orders?

And inflected languages have no fixed word order
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or