Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 09:57 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Close:
Luk_5:32 "I have not come to call the just, but sinners, to repentance."

He was talking to the Jews only and not to the nations. The kingdom of God Jesus was speaking about is the kingdom He is going to set up in Israel for His millennial reign and that the nation of Israel must be begotten anew. Nicodemus should have known this since he knew the Old Testament which attests to the truth that Israel will be born in a day.

Christ died for our sins. Even John the Baptist said "behold the Lamb of God which is taking away the sin of the world."

1Co_15:3 For I give over to you among the first what also I accepted, that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures,

Gal_1:4 Who gives Himself for our sins, so that He might extricate us out of the present wicked eon, according to the will of our God and Father,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Interesting that he should say "according to the scriptures", because there is nothing in the scriptures about the following verse, 4....
Umm, 1 Corinthians 15:3 is in harmony with the scriptures. There are secrets Paul was given by the risen Christ which were not given to any other man.

The word "accord" should be thought of as "in harmony with." So Christ died for our sins in harmony with the scriptures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 12:43 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Umm, 1 Corinthians 15:3 is in harmony with the scriptures. There are secrets Paul was given by the risen Christ which were not given to any other man.

The word "accord" should be thought of as "in harmony with." So Christ died for our sins in harmony with the scriptures.
No, Jesus said who He sent. It was not Paul. Jesus would not have sent someone with a different message than what He taught the disciples. It doesn't matter if Peter or anyone else confirmed him. Paul did not use the words of Jesus save for the time about the last supper.

I say;

The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.

I'm the good shepherd. Follow me and live.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:30 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

Thank you for the witness. I keep saying this but..... Peace

Old 04-09-2016, 09:12 AM

As it says in the OP, not even Noah, Daniel, or Job could save anyone. They could only save themselves by their righteousness.

And God says that the righteousness of the righteous is their own and the wickedness of the wicked is their own.

That is why Jesus said to abide in His word and keep it. To walk in the light and take His yoke. To do and say the truth.

"My brother's mother and sisters hear the word of God and do it."

Old 04-09-2016, 09:41 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
The so called old testament had many righteous servants of God. Even Job is called righteous by God Himself so there is no need for imputed righteousness. It is written that God would raise up a righteous shoot like David. David was righteous as well. Noah and Daniel were also called righteous. It is written that those who serve the Lord are righteous and those who do not are wicked. So when Jesus said to serve God and worship Him in spirit and truth He was describing those who would be righteous because He said those who are truthful by the word of God are righteous.

IE;

"Job 1:1 NIV

1 In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job. This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil.

Ezekiel 14:14 NIV

14 even if these three men—Noah, Daniel and Job—were in it, they could save only themselves by their righteousness, declares the Sovereign LORD.

"Then you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked. Between those who serve God and those who do not serve Him."

"In days to come I shall raise up a righteous shoot to David"

"Worship God alone Him alone shall you serve."

"God is spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth"

"Whoever seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him."

"Whoever acts in truth comes to the light so his deeds are revealed as works of God."

Agree?
EZEK 20:25 "Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live;" No one is made alive unto God by the Law.

Why is this so? Because:

HEB 10:38 "Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him." It is by Grace through faith that a man is made righteous, not by trying to keep the law with a carnal nature.

Last edited by garya123; 04-09-2016 at 10:25 AM..

Old 04-09-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
EZEK 20:25 "Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live;" No one is made alive unto God by the Law.

Why is this so? Because:

HEB 10:38 "Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him." It is by Grace through faith that a man is made righteous, not by trying to keep the law with a carnal nature.
Your taking that verse out of context. Just before that verse it says this;

I gave them my statutes and showed them my ordinances, by whose observance everyone shall live.

God is speaking of two different versions of ordinances. Here He says;

" I defiled them through their very gifts, in their offering up all their firstborn, in order that I might horrify them, so that they might know that I am the Lord."

Actually scripture says ; "The just man shall live because he is faithful."

Scripture describes the action of the just like so; "The just mans mouth is a fountain of life."

Jesus described life as the word of God. So the just man is faithful because his mouth speaks the word of God.

Just as Jesus said; "Genuine worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth."

Old 04-09-2016, 01:41 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
At the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth - Matthew 25:31-33 - those on Jesus' right hand are classed as righteous ones- Matthew 25:37

Old 04-09-2016, 03:33 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Your taking that verse out of context. Just before that verse it says this;

I gave them my statutes and showed them my ordinances, by whose observance everyone shall live.

God is speaking of two different versions of ordinances. Here He says;

" I defiled them through their very gifts, in their offering up all their firstborn, in order that I might horrify them, so that they might know that I am the Lord."

Actually scripture says ; "The just man shall live because he is faithful."

Scripture describes the action of the just like so; "The just mans mouth is a fountain of life."

Jesus described life as the word of God. So the just man is faithful because his mouth speaks the word of God.

Just as Jesus said; "Genuine worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth."
No, not two sets of law but only one. Observing the law does not make one alive unto God. Live is a state of being not something one does.
GAL 2:19 "For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God." GAL 3:12 "And the law is not of faith: but, The man that does them shall live in them." But herein lay the problem, GAL 3:10 "Cursed is every one that continues not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them." And no man has except for Christ. Therefor His righteousness must be imputed because of our sin.

The law is true but not Truth because the law is of the letter because of the carnal nature of man. Faith in Christ imparts Truth because it is of the Spirit to those who have the Spirit. The letter profits nothing but head knowledge but the Spirit gives life and establishes the law within the spirit also not just the mind. ROM 3:31 "Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law." Therefor it is written, ROM 8:4 "That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

If indeed you live by Christ and not the law, you will observe the law of the Commandments and whatsoever He says but not the temporary ordanances that have been done away with.

Last edited by garya123; 04-09-2016 at 03:51 PM..

Old 04-09-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
No, not two sets of law but only one. Observing the law does not make one alive unto God.

The law is true but not Truth because the law is of the letter because of the carnal nature of man.
Wrong. Don't use Paul's words as scripture, it is not.

Jesus said God's word is truth. David said God's word is the law. So God's word is the law and the law is the truth.

You are confused on what the law actually is.

The word is the law and the word is life as Jesus said. So the law is life since it is the truth, the word of God.

Now the people of rebel Israel think as you that the law is their law, not so.

The law is as God thinks, His word.

IE;

"Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness (Lord) and your law is the truth. "(David)

Old 04-09-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
At the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth - Matthew 25:31-33 - those on Jesus' right hand are classed as righteous ones- Matthew 25:37
Actually the son of man gathers the sheep. Those on his left to eternal condemnation those on the right to
eternal life.

"He who spreads the good seed is the son of man."

The son of man comes in the glory of God.

That is why Jesus said,"when he comes", referring to another comfortor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity