U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 05:09 PM

2,531 posts, read 1,942,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Wrong. Don't use Paul's words as scripture, it is not.

Jesus said God's word is truth. David said God's word is the law. So God's word is the law and the law is the truth.

You are confused on what the law actually is.

The word is the law and the word is life as Jesus said. So the law is life since it is the truth, the word of God.

Now the people of rebel Israel think as you that the law is their law, not so.

The law is as God thinks, His word.

IE;

"Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness (Lord) and your law is the truth. "(David)

Don't tell me not to use Paul's letters. The fact of the matter is as far I am concerned, he was and still is the greatest man who ever lived besides Christ. Your statements are heresy and your writings are not to be trusted by anyone.

No wonder you can not interpret Scripture. You reject he whom Christ has sent and so you reject what Christ has said through him. What is inspired by the Spirit can only be rightfully interpreted by the Spirit.
JN 13:20 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receives whomsoever I send receives Me; and he that receives Me receives Him that sent Me."

Written by John.
JN 1:17 "For the law was given by Moses, but Grace and Truth came by Jesus Christ." The law is indeed truth when received by the Spirit but for the carnal man it is only facts/letter but nonetheless true because it comes from God. The Word is always the Truth to those who have the Spirit but for the unbeliever/carnal man it is only the letter of the law.

It is you who do not know how language is used in the Bible. Comparing how the language/words are used is how you interpret the Scriptures

Last edited by garya123; 04-09-2016 at 05:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 06:40 PM

37,508 posts, read 25,243,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Don't tell me not to use Paul's letters. The fact of the matter is as far I am concerned, he was and still is the greatest man who ever lived besides Christ. Your statements are heresy and your writings are not to be trusted by anyone.
No wonder you can not interpret Scripture. You reject he whom Christ has sent and so you reject what Christ has said through him. What is inspired by the Spirit can only be rightfully interpreted by the Spirit.
JN 13:20 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receives whomsoever I send receives Me; and he that receives Me receives Him that sent Me."
Written by John.
JN 1:17 "For the law was given by Moses, but Grace and Truth came by Jesus Christ." The law is indeed truth when received by the Spirit but for the carnal man it is only facts/letter but nonetheless true because it comes from God. The Word is always the Truth to those who have the Spirit but for the unbeliever/carnal man it is only the letter of the law.
It is you who do not know how language is used in the Bible. Comparing how the language/words are used is how you interpret the Scriptures

Old 04-09-2016, 06:46 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,815,113 times
Quote:
Jesus said the son of man came for sinners not the righteous. He said that no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit. This along with many other requirement verses shows He did not die for anyone's sins.
Simply not the truth:

John 1:29
[ John Testifies About Jesus ] The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said,
Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

1 John 2:2
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Christ died for my sins, and the sins of the whole world.
He came "because of" our brutal, barbaric ancestors' sins (missing the mark) and their ignorance "they knew not what they did."
Quote:
Jesus said the son of man came for sinners not the righteous. He said that no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit. This along with many other requirement verses shows He did not die for anyone's sins.
But He DID die "because of" our brutal, barbaric ancestors' sins (missing the mark) and their ignorance "they knew not what they did." He made up for our deficiencies. He was our "designated hitter." He did what none of us were capable of doing and it was a "Grand Slam." It removed the deficiency from our entire species, so we no longer had to fear separation from God. That is why it applies to everyone and that is why we have nothing to do with it. His rebirth as Spirit (resurrection) also removed the fear of death and we will all be reborn as Spirit upon our death as Jesus was.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:30 PM

9,169 posts, read 2,780,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
He came "because of" our brutal, barbaric ancestors' sins (missing the mark) and their ignorance "they knew not what they did."
But He DID die "because of" our brutal, barbaric ancestors' sins (missing the mark) and their ignorance "they knew not what they did." He made up for our deficiencies. He was our "designated hitter." He did what none of us were capable of doing and it was a "Grand Slam." It removed the deficiency from our entire species, so we no longer had to fear separation from God. That is why it applies to everyone and that is why we have nothing to do with it. His rebirth as Spirit (resurrection) also removed the fear of death and we will all be reborn as Spirit upon our death as Jesus was.

We're not reborn as spirit upon our death! We HAVE a spirit we were born with that must be caught up and reborn WHILE WE STILL LIVE IN THIS BODY. There is NOTHING in and of itself about death, the last enemy, to make anyone righteous or in rightstanding with G-d. We are to be born from ABOVE while we're in the body (BELOW), which is why Yeshua told Nicodemus, ye must be born from above.

And Nicodemus said how can I go back into my mother's womb and be born, and notice Christ didn't say it's not possible, or that's not what I meant, He said what's NOT possible with men IS possible with G-d. New Jerusalem is our mother from above, and it's out of this womb of the morning we must be born from, ie. CAUGHT up into heavenly places with Him. This is why a man (Spirit) must leave father AND MOTHER, and cleave unto his wife (soul) and in loving her as Christ loves the church, the newborn spirit of Christ lays down his life and seeks to cover her and SAVE HER = work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

If the spirit in you is not actively trying to SAVE YOUR SOUL from sinning, it's the wrong spirit! We are saved (spirit), we are being saved (soul), we shall be saved (body) = Romans 8 redemption of the body. This is what happened in the garden, Adam our spirit, didn't save Eve our soul from sinning, though he was to be her covering from the (fallen) angels.

And THEN he tried to throw off his lack of love/responsibility of what he did by blaming her (the woman you gave me). And that is exactly what Adam our carnal mind spirit, the mind of a beast that only seeks after it's own things and not the things which be of Christ, will witness when your soul is called before G-d for sins committed in the body.

Which is why ye must be born from above with Christ becoming the covering for your soul, your advocate with the Father. Otherwise, your naked soul, made scarlet (blood) with sins, goes without a covering, having been the wife of whatever joined itself to her, NOT a chaste virgin, the wife of one Man, Christ. Peace

Old 04-09-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
We're not reborn as spirit upon our death! We HAVE a spirit we were born with that must be caught up and reborn WHILE WE STILL LIVE IN THIS BODY.
Please show me how you are like the wind while in your physical body, Rbbi.

John 3:5-8
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

That bloweth and listeth trick should be something to watch while in your physical body, Rbbi. As to the born again references, the word gennaō is mistranslated as "born." It means conceived (as in egg and sperm).

born again = gennaō anōthen

gennaō = conceived, begotten
anōthen = from the beginning (over again)

It is not a birth while still in this physical body because to be born as Spirit is to leave this body.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

That bloweth and listeth trick should be something to watch while in your physical body, Rbbi. As to the born again references, the word gennaō is mistranslated as "born." It means conceived (as in egg and sperm).

It is not a birth while still in this physical body because to be born as Spirit is to leave this body.

Again, it's born from above. And if you die, you die because your spirit left your body. Which means you had one to begin with, and IT is what must be RE-born, from our mother which is ABOVE. Peace

A few of them got it right....

Young's Literal Translation John 3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, 'Verily, verily, I say to thee, If any one may not be BORN FROM ABOVE, he is not able to see the reign of God;'

International Standard Version
Jesus replied to him, "Truly, I tell you emphatically, unless a person is BORN FROM ABOVE he cannot see the kingdom of God."

NET Bible
Jesus replied, "I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is BORN FROM ABOVE, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

Last edited by Rbbi1; 04-09-2016 at 09:26 PM..

Old 04-09-2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Again, it's born from above. And if you die, you die because your spirit left your body. Which means you had one to begin with, and IT is what must be RE-born, from our mother which is ABOVE. Peace
Again, "gennaō is mistranslated as "born." It means conceived (as in egg and sperm)." We have a Spirit but it arrives in us as a seed and must develop and mature sufficiently to be Reborn as Spirit upon our death.

From Mark 4:26,
. . . Thus is the kingdom of God, as though a man should cast seed into the earth, then sleep and rise, night and day, and the seed should sprout without his knowing it. For of itself the earth bears the crop, first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear.

Luke 17:21 King James Version (KJV)
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:20 PM

You do not die to be reborn! Yeshua did not tell the man he had to physically die to see the kingdom! He said you can't see the kingdom without the new birth! There IS a difference. What kind of "good news" would it be if He told you had to literally die to see His kingdom?!

The Seed is the Christ we receive with the new birth, THAT is the babe in the manger/bread basket, and THAT is the Spirit Seed that must grow by the milk of the Word, then the bread, then the meat.

The other spirit we were born with is not a babe, IT'S AN OLD MAN, the old man of the flesh, it's Adam! Peace

Old 04-09-2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Again, "gennaō is mistranslated as "born." It means conceived (as in egg and sperm)." We have a Spirit but it arrives in us as a seed and must develop and mature sufficiently to be Reborn as Spirit upon our death.

From Mark 4:26,
. . . Thus is the kingdom of God, as though a man should cast seed into the earth, then sleep and rise, night and day, and the seed should sprout without his knowing it. For of itself the earth bears the crop, first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear.

Luke 17:21 King James Version (KJV)
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Quote:
You do not die to be reborn! Yeshua did not tell the man he had to physically die to see the kingdom! He said you can't see the kingdom without the new birth! There IS a difference. What kind of "good news" would it be if He told you had to literally die to see His kingdom?!
The Seed is the Christ we receive with the new birth, THAT is the babe in the manger/bread basket, and THAT is the Spirit Seed that must grow by the milk of the Word, then the bread, then the meat.
The other spirit we were born with is not a babe, IT'S AN OLD MAN, the old man of the flesh, it's Adam! Peace
I have ignored my own rule against trying to reason with unreasoning credulity. Clearly you either have not read, or do not comprehend, or simply decided to ignore anything I post and repeat your carnal-minded mantra. All births begin at CONCEPTION. To be conceived is NOT to be BORN. Our Spirits are conceived in Christ and are born as Spirit at our physical death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity