U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 06:17 PM

696 posts, read 371,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
``In the days to come I will raise up a shoot to David ``Jeremiah 23:5 , as God is prophesying the righteousness of Jesus Christ as in verse 6 says `He will be called `` the Lord our righteousness``......................In the Old Testament there were 144,000 people who where righteous through the law and obedient to God to be saved through the Lamb of God ...... Christianity people will be righteous by obedience to the commands of Christ , and being lead in the Spirit of God , where the laws in the bible are just a outline for the heart of God which the spirit of God will be inbred with

Dear hlj,

Where are these "righteous" "Christianity people" you speak of? An example would be nice to bolster your point of view. I am thinking your type of "righteousness" exist only in the mind of double minded men. Where is the Justice? (Is 28:17) I also think men "honor Me with their lip service" (Is 29:13), and their reverence consists of the traditions learned by rote". I am also thinking that this is why the "wisdom of the wise men" has perished (Is 29:14).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 06:30 PM

37,534 posts, read 25,255,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Please show me how you are like the wind while in your physical body, Rbbi.

John 3:5-8
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

That bloweth and listeth trick should be something to watch while in your physical body, Rbbi. As to the born again references, the word gennaō is mistranslated as "born." It means conceived (as in egg and sperm).

born again = gennaō anōthen

gennaō = conceived, begotten
anōthen = from the beginning (over again)

It is not a birth while still in this physical body because to be born as Spirit is to leave this body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Not only is "born again" like a gentle wind flowing through the spirit but also like "rivers of living water" that flows from the inmost part of us also metaphorically called the "belly". It is not the whole being/body that is "born again" but rather the spirit of a man. In the resurrection however, the whole body will be changed into His likeness.
Nonsense. We will be born as Spirit with a spiritual body not a carnal one.
Quote:
Man is born with inherited sin [born the first time]
More nonsense. We are simply born and our Spirit must learn what is sin (wrong) and what is not. Then our Spirit has to mature enough to control our animal drives. That takes time. There is no such thing as original sin and sin is not a disease, It is simply wrong choices. Listen and understand: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SUPERNATURAL, PERIOD. There is no magic.
Quote:
but Christ rebirths our spirit in Holiness [born again] by the Atonement and the Water of the Spirit/Word.
The water of life is within us as the fluid around our brain. It is our thoughts and feelings as we go through life that alter that fluid around the brain and increase our emotional maturity and control over our animal drives. THAT is the water of life within us that flows when we love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. There is no magic or mystery or supernatural anything! If we do not nurture our Spirit by following the guidance of the Comforter sent in Christ' name, we do not change the water of life around our brain. When we love we are "conceived of God" literally by altering the water of life around our brain. Magic and supernatural have nothing to do with it.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:35 PM

2,569 posts, read 729,009 times
Quote:
You really have a reading comprehension problem. NOTHING we do in this life has anything to do with our salvation! Jesus did that. What we DO in this life either nurtures and develops our embryo Spirit toward maturity or not. Our embryo Spirit either matures enough during this life to be reborn as a complete Spirit upon our death or not. It does NOT affect our salvation at all because Jesus assured that, period. There is nothing New Age about my views. They are what Jesus taught to Nicodemus. Your carnal mind seems incapable of understanding it.
Carnal minds indeed. Just remember, you are dealing with many people in this thread who think God is an angry monster who is ready to put people in a burning dungeon for ages upon ages without end. That is why you see so much insanity in these threads.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:08 PM

37,534 posts, read 25,255,858 times
Quote:
You really have a reading comprehension problem. NOTHING we do in this life has anything to do with our salvation! Jesus did that. What we DO in this life either nurtures and develops our embryo Spirit toward maturity or not. Our embryo Spirit either matures enough during this life to be reborn as a complete Spirit upon our death or not. It does NOT affect our salvation at all because Jesus assured that, period. There is nothing New Age about my views. They are what Jesus taught to Nicodemus. Your carnal mind seems incapable of understanding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
What Yeshua did, you still have to APPROPRIATE. If your brother died and left you things specified in a will, you don't get them unless you appropriate what is yours. But first, you have to understand what is yours. Your doctrine is like Him leaving a will of what you can have when HE died, but telling you, you have to literally die too to have it. Not many would go to will readings if that were the case, roflol...
Jesus is NOT our "Testator"providing salvation is His Will!!! That is preposterous. He is our "Savior." That means what He did saves our species from eternal separation from God. We have nothing to do with it.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:26 PM

2,531 posts, read 1,943,072 times
Quote:
Nonsense. We will be born as Spirit with a spiritual body not a carnal one. More nonsense. We are simply born and our Spirit must learn what is sin (wrong) and what is not. Then our Spirit has to mature enough to control our animal drives. That takes time. There is no such thing as original sin and sin is not a disease, It is simply wrong choices. Listen and understand: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SUPERNATURAL, PERIOD. There is no magic. The water of life is within us as the fluid around our brain. It is our thoughts and feelings as we go through life that alter that fluid around the brain and increase our emotional maturity and control over our animal drives. THAT is the water of life within us that flows when we love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. There is no magic or mystery or supernatural anything! If we do not nurture our Spirit by following the guidance of the Comforter sent in Christ' name, we do not change the water of life around our brain. When we love we are "conceived of God" literally by altering the water of life around our brain. Magic and supernatural have nothing to do with it.
The water in your brain is not the Water of Eternal Life.

This is:
JN 4:14 "But whosoever drinks of the Water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the Water that I shall give him shall be in him a Well of Water springing up into Everlasting Life."
And
EPH 5:26 "That he might sanctify and cleanse it [the Church] with the washing of Water by the Word," It is the Word/Water/Spirit of Truth that saves, not the water in your brain.

You say you believe in Jesus, then why don't you believe what He says rather than making up fanciful stuff. Things of the Spirit are not natural/physical in makeup and therefor supernatural/beyond the physical water of your brain.

It is written, "They that worship God must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth." Worship from the Spirit given and not ourselves but you say from the physical brain which is called in Scripture, "heady" or high mindedness which is not of God.

Last edited by garya123; 04-10-2016 at 07:55 PM..

Old 04-10-2016, 07:32 PM

20,303 posts, read 15,658,083 times
Quote:
The water of life is within us as the fluid around our brain. It is our thoughts and feelings as we go through life that alter that fluid around the brain and increase our emotional maturity and control over our animal drives. THAT is the water of life within us that flows when we love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. There is no magic or mystery or supernatural anything! If we do not nurture our Spirit by following the guidance of the Comforter sent in Christ' name, we do not change the water of life around our brain. When we love we are "conceived of God" literally by altering the water of life around our brain. Magic and supernatural have nothing to do with it.

MysticPhD's interpretation of John 4:13-14.
"Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the cerebralspinal fluid that I shall give him will never thirst. But the cerebralspinal fluid that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of cerebralspinal fluid springing up into everlasting life."
The NASB's translation of John 4:13-14
John 4:13 Jesus answered and said to her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again; 14] but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."

MysticPhD's interpretation of John 7:37-38
On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of cerebralspinal fluid."
The NASB's translation of John 7:37-39
John 7:37 Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. 38] "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'" 39] But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

MysticPhD's interpretation of Revelation 22:17
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." And let the one who hears say, "Come." And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the cerebralspinal fluid without cost.
The NASB's translation of Revelation 22:17
Revelation 22:17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." And let the one who hears say, "Come." And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost.

MysticPhD, you might want to reconsider your beliefs.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:44 PM

HEB 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

HEB 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator lives.

Jesus left us a New Testament because He was the Testator that died.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
MysticPhD's interpretation of John 4:13-14.
"Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the cerebralspinal fluid that I shall give him will never thirst. But the cerebralspinal fluid that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of cerebralspinal fluid springing up into everlasting life."
The NASB's translation of John 4:13-14
John 4:13 Jesus answered and said to her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again; 14] but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."
MysticPhD's interpretation of John 7:37-38
On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of cerebralspinal fluid."
The NASB's translation of John 7:37-39
John 7:37 Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. 38] "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'" 39] But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
MysticPhD's interpretation of Revelation 22:17
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." And let the one who hears say, "Come." And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the cerebralspinal fluid without cost.
The NASB's translation of Revelation 22:17
Revelation 22:17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." And let the one who hears say, "Come." And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost.
MysticPhD, you might want to reconsider your beliefs.
This is too good! I had a great laugh. Thanks for the humor.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:04 PM

11,825 posts, read 9,818,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It says no one may die for the sins of another but that each one will die for his own sin...Is G-d then a liar?...
nope .. it means those who reject Jesus as God (and this OP) are.
Isaiah 53:5
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

1 Peter 2:24
“He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross,
so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness;
“by his wounds you have been healed.”

Old 04-10-2016, 10:02 PM

17,758 posts, read 8,888,287 times
When you can distinguish the difference, you might be righteous:
"His countenance bore the love of God, his body - the sins of men."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity