U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 04:47 PM

26,375 posts, read 13,984,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
No. Not really. That's a result of why they were righteous. What was the thing that made Job righteous?
He walked in the ways of G-d....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Have you really been studying the Bible all this time and you still don't know that
"Repenting" is the only way to pass the devil's tests?
That's pretty much the whole point of the Bible.

I'm seriously worried about you peace giver
What is repentance?...

Old 04-05-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I believe the gospel (the good news) as it was revealed to Paul, not the stuff Peacegiver is posting.

Righteousness is a gift, just as the old covenant practice of the lamb taking your sin and giving you righteousness was a shadow of the new covenant.

God told of this new covenant when He spoke to Jeremiah, "This is the name whereby He shall be called: The LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. (Jer. 23:6)

Don't be like Israel and try to establish your own righteousness.
Flour was also a sin offering....

That New Covenant was only to be made with the Houses of Judah and Israel...

Old 04-05-2016, 04:51 PM

2,659 posts, read 1,389,646 times
Fascism (pronounced: /ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a radical, authoritarian nationalist political ideology.[1][2] Fascists paradoxically promote violence and war as actions that create positive transformation in society and exalt militarism as providing national regeneration, spiritual renovation, vitality[3], education, instilling of a will to dominate in people's character, and creating national comradeship through military service.[4] Fascists view conflict as an inevitable fact of life that is responsible for all human progress[5] (See cognitive dissonance)

Ultimately, it is easier to define fascism by what it is against than by what it is for. Fascism is anti-anarchist, anti-communist, anti-conservative, anti-democratic, anti-individualist, anti-liberal, anti-parliamentary, anti-bourgeois, and anti-proletarian.[10] It entails a distinctive type of anti-capitalism and is typically, with few exceptions, anti-clerical.[11][12] Fascism rejects the concepts of egalitarianism, materialism, and rationalism in favour of action, discipline, hierarchy, spirit, and will.[13] In economics, fascists oppose liberalism (as a bourgeois movement) and Marxism (as a proletarian movement) for being exclusive economic class-based movements.[14] Indeed, fascism is perhaps best described as "anti-ism"; that is, the philosophy of being against everyone and everything and/or the belief that everyone and everything is against you. (See Paranoia)

In Internet terminology a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages as well as top post flooding and impersonating others -- designed intentionally to annoy or antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion. A troll's main goal is usually to arouse anger and frustration or otherwise offend the message board's other participants, and will write whatever it takes to achieve this end.

One popular trolling strategy is the practice of Winning by Losing. While the victim is trying to put forward solid and convincing facts to prove his position, the troll's only goal is to infuriate its prey. The troll takes (what it knows to be) a badly flawed, wholly illogical argument, and then vigorously defends it while mocking and insulting its prey. The troll looks like a complete fool, but this is all part of the plan. The victim becomes noticeably angry by trying to repeatedly explain the flaws of the troll's argument. Provoking this anger was the troll's one and only goal from the very beginning."

Experienced participants in online forums know that the most effective way to discourage a troll is usually to ignore him or her, because responding encourages a true troll to continue disruptive posts — hence the often-seen warning "Please do not feed the troll".

Trolls are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; You cannot cause them to feel shame or compassion; You cannot reason with them. They cannot be made to feel remorse. For some reason, trolls do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility. When you try to reason with a troll, he wins. When you insult a troll, he wins. When you scream at a troll, he wins. The only thing that trolls can't handle is being ignored. In short, the proper response is not hate but indifference

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, do not feed the trolls.

Old 04-05-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Let me ask you, Richard.....why did God declare Abraham to be "righteous"?
Because he acted...

Old 04-05-2016, 04:54 PM

19,952 posts, read 13,009,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Because he acted...
I'd suggest you go back and re-read Genesis. It says he believed God. THEN he acted. He was considered righteous before he was circumcised. Before he offered Isaac. Before he did anything, he believed and it was credited to him as righteousness.

He acted because he believed.

Quote:
Do you really think G-d would have said he was righteous if he had said he believed but done nothing?...
Yes. Because that's what happened. He was righteous before he did anything.

Quote:
Belief is not an action. He believed. That's it. He was righteous because of belief. He trusted God --and it resulted in his actions.

Don't put the cart before the horse.
Do you really think G-d would have said he was righteous if he had said he believed but done nothing?...

7,880 posts, read 6,689,081 times
``Then the mother of Zebedee`s son came to Jesus with her sons and kneeling down , asked a favor of him........What is it you want ? Jesus said .............She said ``Grant that one of these sons of mine may sit at your right and the other at your left in your kingdom`` ....................``You don`t know what you are asking ``, Jesus said to them ` Can you drink the cup I am going to drink?`........... .``.We can , `` they answered ....................Jesus said to them ..``You will indeed drink from my cup, but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant ..These places to those for whom they have been prepared by my Father ..``..........................When the ten heard about this , they were indignant with the two brothers .....Jesus called them together and said .....``You know that the rulers of the Gentiles Lord over them , and their high officials exercise authority over them .........Not so with you . Instead , who ever wants to be servant , and who ever want to be first must be your slave ..... Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as ransom for many``.................Matthew 20:20-28..............See Christians get there eternal righteousness from Jesus Christ , as believers could not stand before God without Jesus

Old 04-05-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Sadly, I'm not sure YOU really know what the Judaism of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are. I'm quite sure you know of the Judaism of today...but I don't think they're the same.
And that's you opinion...Neither Abraham nor Isaac were Jews....

Last edited by Richard1965; 04-05-2016 at 05:15 PM..

Old 04-05-2016, 04:56 PM

19,952 posts, read 13,009,160 times
Quote:
And that's you opinion...
You've demonstrated you don't understand the reason Abraham was considered righteous. You do not follow the faith of the Patriarchs, but instead think you can somehow please God by your works.

So...where am I wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity