U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 12:25 PM

6,822 posts, read 3,137,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
That does sound yummy.

God disagrees.

What's interesting is that you and others here attack me and my fellow Christians because we have the nerve to suggest that we believe what God has said about himself....but you and the others instead believe whatever you want about God (or even that he doesn't exist) and it's considered perfectly normal.
I have never attacked you Viz. I correct you. I disagree with you. I call you on your frat-boy nonsense.
I want you to think. Nothing more, nothing less.

I have a full understanding of your version of Christianity. It is a version that thrives on punishment and sin.
I do not thrive on punishment and sin. God is aware. God does not punish me.
This I know just as I know we both like a good carrot cake.

The Monks at Mepkin Abbey, who make wonderful products, work the land, and see God in their ability to share their bounty. They do not stand on corners telling people they are sinners. Their love of God is pure joy. It is something that is palpable when you visit them.

However, at least once a week couples stand on corners here yelling about damnation. There is no joy in their faces. None. They look rather tortured. When you choose to rant about God, there should be some joy in the matter.

They make me sad, and I want to give them cake. Sometimes I do give them cake. I also supply a cold beverage. It is thirsty work yelling about the perceived sin of others. Poor things.

God disagrees? You do not speak for God. The male sinners in the bible do not speak for God. They only think they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 12:45 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,169,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I speak fact for myself. I do not lie. I like who I am. I like, and enjoy my lifelong relationship with God.
Unlike men. I do not expect you to submit to my faith. I do not need the fear of punishment to be a good person. You might.

I happen to enjoy this Pope and would love to share a Cosmo with him. You have inspired me to write a letter to him.
That's not what you said. You said:
Quote:
I do not have the same requirements. I do not submit to men. I never substitute my own good judgement for theirs. Ever. I do not allow men to make decisions for me. Ever. I do not submit to sinners. The idea is astonishingly silly.
You're lying. You're also passing judgment and lack the insight and authority to do so. Who said that Vizio or I, or anyone else here operates out of fear of punishment?

Old 04-08-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
That's not what you said. You said:

You're lying. You're also passing judgment and lack the insight and authority to do so. Who said that Vizio or I, or anyone else here operates out of fear of punishment?

I have read the Bible many times. It thrives on punishment, and fear of punishment. It is rife with male sexual fantasy.

I always stand by my words. I do not submit to men. I do not substitute their judgement for my own. Never will happen. I am perfectly comfortable with my faith and beliefs. I am not comfortable with the beliefs of sinners. After all, they are sinners, and their values are questionable.

You admit to sinning. All Fundamentalist Ideologues are sinners. They sin over and over again and expect women to submit to their authority.

If you choose to submit to sinners, then good for you. You do not have to do any thinking for yourself. Some man will do it for you. That does not, and has never worked for me.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:05 PM

19,952 posts, read 12,984,198 times
Quote:
I have never attacked you Viz. I correct you. I disagree with you. I call you on your frat-boy nonsense.
I want you to think. Nothing more, nothing less.
Riiiiiiiiiiiighttttt......
Quote:

The Monks at Mepkin Abbey, who make wonderful products, work the land, and see God in their ability to share their bounty. They do not stand on corners telling people they are sinners. Their love of God is pure joy. It is something that is palpable when you visit them.
That's nice.
Quote:
However, at least once a week couples stand on corners here yelling about damnation. There is no joy in their faces. None. They look rather tortured. When you choose to rant about God, there should be some joy in the matter.
I don't know them, or their message. Got a smart phone? Record one and I'll be happy to comment on it. Post it on youtube and give me a link.
Quote:
They make me sad, and I want to give them cake. Sometimes I do give them cake. I also supply a cold beverage. It is thirsty work yelling about the perceived sin of others. Poor things.
They might well benefit from some good carrot cake.

As might you.
Quote:
God disagrees? You do not speak for God. The male sinners in the bible do not speak for God. They only think they do.
Why do you think God didn't speak through any man (or woman)? Some people speculate the book of Hebrews may have been written by a woman (Priscilla).

Old 04-08-2016, 01:14 PM

23,383 posts, read 12,092,645 times
Can you find a loving God in the book of Job?

Nope.

In fact, I can't find hide nor hair of a loving god anywhere in the OT.

Just the opposite, in fact.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:35 PM

2,737 posts, read 852,426 times
^^^^ drop the mic.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Riiiiiiiiiiiighttttt......

That's nice.

I don't know them, or their message. Got a smart phone? Record one and I'll be happy to comment on it. Post it on youtube and give me a link.

They might well benefit from some good carrot cake.

As might you.

Why do you think God didn't speak through any man (or woman)? Some people speculate the book of Hebrews may have been written by a woman (Priscilla).
Name the attack Viz. Discuss these attacks I have made. Please be specific. I will be happy to engage your fragile and delicate sensibilities with my usual robust self.

I might even rub your head, and give you a hug. I do not think you have been getting any lately, and it makes you uptight. Ready? Hug alert, Viz. Coming at you.

As I said. I correct you. I call you on your frat-boy euphemisms, and nonsense, and I disagree with you. I want you to think. Nothing more, nothing less.

It is obvious you do not know their message. You are not on the corner. It seems a terrible penance. God should be full of joy. There is no joy yelling about sin and damnation.

I do not film these men and women. I would never be so disrespectful of them to put them up on the internet for your amusement either. Not even for your alleged educational purpose just so you can tell me what they mean, and if that fits your narrow view.

The bible was written by men, for men. May have been written by a woman is not the same as being written by a woman. There is a clear distinction. Speculation is not fact.

Everyone benefits from a good carrot cake. I missed a friends birthday last week, and his favorite is carrot. I will think of you when I bake, and enjoy. I wish you many good carrot cakes, Viz. Feel the cake, Viz.

Old 04-08-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
You are wasting your time talking to this person- ronkonkoma native hates Christianity and anythong to do with God.
Dear Abby,

What do you say to a man who slides into a conversation between two amiable people, to give his unwanted advice. I would love to say, "Bite me," however it might not pass mod muster. I am perplexed that the very capable Vizio would be in need of his advice.

Love,
Ronk.

Dear Ronk,

This ahem... Christian is under the impression he speaks for God and Christianity. My guess is this man is lonely and wanted attention. Be kind. None of that submitting though.

Love,
Abby.

Dear bryan58030485485724857-267076,

Bite me.

Love,

Ronk

Old 04-08-2016, 03:31 PM

4,592 posts, read 2,272,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmagnum View Post
This has really changed my view on how to view suffering. If we picture how good God was and loved us, by the cross and see all of heavens beauty and Gods beauty forever, we will feel unworthy. What could we have done to show love back? Maybe go through trials and pain all for Jesus, praise God for everything good and the bad and don't become bitter and turn away. Be like Job and still love God in this fallen world. Does this make sense, am I on to something ?
I painfully admit I am afraid of trusting, to the point of dying and maybe my help or blessings wouldn't come this side of life. Could I still trust and love God? When I see others more blessed and less blessed then me. What's the basis of our desires, where do we stop asking or expecting having faith? Or just be quiet and thankful and don't get our hopes up. A lot of questions
You might have an interest in Psalm 73
Please notice that Asaph was envious of the rich, etc., but notice what Asaph concludes in verse 18 that the wicked are on slippery ground.

Real relief comes under Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth - Psalms 72:8, 12-14
The words from Jesus' mouth will rid the Earth of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:11,14-16; Proverbs 2:21-22
Then, Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.
At that millennium-long day of Jesus governing over Earth ALL nations will be healed - Revelation 22:2
That is one reason why we all have the invitation to pray for Jesus to come - Revelation 22:20 B

Old 04-09-2016, 01:04 AM

8,366 posts, read 2,751,283 times
Quote:
Dear Abby,

What do you say to a man who slides into a conversation between two amiable people, to give his unwanted advice. I would love to say, "Bite me," however it might not pass mod muster. I am perplexed that the very capable Vizio would be in need of his advice.

Love,
Ronk.

Dear Ronk,

This ahem... Christian is under the impression he speaks for God and Christianity. My guess is this man is lonely and wanted attention. Be kind. None of that submitting though.

Love,
Abby.

Dear bryan58030485485724857-267076,

Bite me.

Love,

Ronk
Do you know Mysticphd by any chance? You seen like someone he would be married to.
Though I will say I love carrot cake too. Especially cheese cake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity