U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2016, 03:06 PM

16,219 posts, read 7,101,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
25 Secular Songs That Are Surprisingly Sacred

Good songs but interesting point is we can't separate the religious from our everyday secular life even if the government wants us to.

????? Government isn't asking OR demanding that we separate the religious from the secular in our lives.

We - american citizens governed by constitutional principles - demand that our government not favor any particular religion(s) over other religions, or favor any religion over no religion.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 03:39 PM

20,187 posts, read 12,826,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
????? Government isn't asking OR demanding that we separate the religious from the secular in our lives.

We - american citizens governed by constitutional principles - demand that our government not favor any particular religion(s) over other religions, or favor any religion over no religion.
Tell that to the Little Nuns fighting right now in the Supreme Court to be allowed to not include BC and sterilizations in their insurance plan because it goes against their conscience.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:44 PM

8,585 posts, read 5,115,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Tell that to the Little Nuns fighting right now in the Supreme Court to be allowed to not include BC and sterilizations in their insurance plan because it goes against their conscience.
That would be an error in judgment on their part considering the past of the Catholic Church:

Quote:
Roman Catholic priests and bishops in several parts of the world have been exploiting their religious authority to obtain sexual favours from nuns, in some cases resorting to rape and subsequently obliging the victims to seek an abortion, it was claimed yesterday.

Report of widespread sexual abuses were compiled by two senior nuns between 1994 and 1998 and passed to the Vatican, the Rome daily La Repubblica and the Italian Roman Catholic news agency Adista said.
Catholic priests abusing nuns for sex | World news | The Guardian

However your secular songs with spiritual meanings was spot on. Anytime one can see spirituality outside the covers of the Bible is progressive in itself. For the songs I give you

Old 04-08-2016, 03:33 PM

13,280 posts, read 4,238,900 times
Lot's of secular songs are sacred spiritual songs to me.

My biggest spiritual song is by Led Zeppelin, ''The Rain song.''

I like a lot of secular movies that are spiritual also, a fight of good and evil like Harry Potter, but my Mom would slap me in the back of the head for watching it, lol.

The Matrix was really spiritual, but then it was in fact a Biblical view of some writer and based on the bible.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:38 PM

6,814 posts, read 3,132,486 times
I admit to having sung 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall. The sacred anthem of beer lovers.. okay maybe beer lovers who have imbibed a wee too much. May that song get suck in your head tonight.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 04-08-2016 at 03:59 PM..

Old 04-08-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I admit to having sung 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall. The sacred anthem of beer lovers.. okay maybe beer lovers who have imbibed a wee to much. May that song get suck in your head tonight.
LOL, Now see, me and you need to hang out and drink beer so's we can sing.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:57 PM

6,814 posts, read 3,132,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
LOL, Now see, me and you need to hang out and drink beer so's we can sing.
I went to Disney with my sister. We spent an evening in Germany. On the Disney bus to our hotel, we lead the passengers in a very loud German beer song. We hugged all the passengers on the way out, and kissed the driver.

Ya, ya, ya, ya. (klinking glass) Ps. It would be an honor to share a song and a beer with you.

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 04-08-2016 at 04:15 PM..

Old 04-08-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I went to Disney with my sister. We spent an evening in Germany. On the Disney bus to our hotel, we lead the passengers in a very loud German beer song. We hugged all the passengers on the way out, and kissed the driver.

Ya, ya, ya, ya. (klinking glass) Ps. It would be an honor to share a song and a beer with you.
I think the best time I ever had was with a group of Germans on a tour bus, yup, sounds familiar.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:40 AM

9,169 posts, read 2,778,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Lot's of secular songs are sacred spiritual songs to me.

My biggest spiritual song is by Led Zeppelin, ''The Rain song.''

I like a lot of secular movies that are spiritual also, a fight of good and evil like Harry Potter, but my Mom would slap me in the back of the head for watching it, lol.

The Matrix was really spiritual, but then it was in fact a Biblical view of some writer and based on the bible.

I can't remember the name of it, but I was at work one day when one of Prince's songs came on the radio and I was surprised to feel the anointing coming from it. Peace

Old 04-09-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I can't remember the name of it, but I was at work one day when one of Prince's songs came on the radio and I was surprised to feel the anointing coming from it. Peace

Maybe It was this one, and then there is purple rain.

https://youtu.be/08S4U6iObn4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or