U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 04:05 AM

7,883 posts, read 6,702,544 times

Advertisements

The key is you must be born again in the spirit of God and through the waters of baptism with repentance to Jesus Christ , then you will see the kingdom of God ..... See the Spirit of God only sees and hears its own , and people trying to get converted , so if you don`t get answers then you need to get in God program and get into a marriage covenant with God by be born anew with His spirit ...................By being baptized in the Holy spirit , people can receive gifts of God where God will answer gifts of His calling which answered prayer for these callings will be there all the time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 05:16 AM

1,504 posts, read 618,331 times
^^ This ^^, and...

Prayer is not primarily about us getting stuff. See the lords prayer as the pattern. It is about us aligning ourselves with God first and foremost.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:00 AM

2,786 posts, read 865,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The key is you must be born again in the spirit of God and through the waters of baptism with repentance to Jesus Christ , then you will see the kingdom of God ..... See the Spirit of God only sees and hears its own , and people trying to get converted , so if you don`t get answers then you need to get in God program and get into a marriage covenant with God by be born anew with His spirit ...................By being baptized in the Holy spirit , people can receive gifts of God where God will answer gifts of His calling which answered prayer for these callings will be there all the time

Let's all pray that jesus/god reopens the manna from heaven factory again to feed his starving children of the world without having to jump through holy hoops.

Exodus 16:15
And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the Lord hath given you to eat.

Exodus 16:31King James Version (KJV)

31 And the house of Israel called the name thereof Manna: and it was like coriander seed, white; and the taste of it was like wafers made with honey.

Last edited by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15; 04-07-2016 at 08:14 AM..

Old 04-08-2016, 08:34 AM

26,327 posts, read 14,210,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
I personally feel not blessed at all...to put it mildly. I feel cursed, and have for much of my life. Furthermore, there is awful death and destruction in the world that undeserving people have to spend a lifetime suffering through.

Prayer doesn't help. Or, does it?! God doesn't help or care. Or, does He?!
What do you mean "help"?

Do you mean that you receive everything you want? Then it won't help. The Father is not a genie.

I guess the first point to consider is are you a believer in Jesus Christ? If you do not believe in His Son, then prayer to the Father probably will not be heard.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:44 PM

15,301 posts, read 8,285,250 times
If you want God to bless you, go humbly before Him in prayer, asking for forgiveness for your sins. Then, commit your life to loving Him and serving others. Read the Bible, starting with the book of John. Pray often for peace and wisdom. Attend/join a Bible-believing church to help you grow in your faith.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:06 PM

19,952 posts, read 13,032,258 times
Quote:
I personally feel not blessed at all...to put it mildly. I feel cursed, and have for much of my life. Furthermore, there is awful death and destruction in the world that undeserving people have to spend a lifetime suffering through.

Define "help". What do you believe would be a proof that it "works"?

Old 04-08-2016, 01:16 PM

2,143 posts, read 4,530,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Give me a break. I grew up in a non-denominational charismatic Christian church. I went to the private Christian school there from K-12th grade. I've seen countless examples of "good Christian folks" praying for miracles over the years...only to not have them come to pass.

Whenever this happens, somebody like you came along and somehow blamed the person for either not being righteous enough or in good standing with God or they didn't pray hard enough.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:17 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,231,112 times
Quote:

I don't pretend to know you or your past or life circumstances. I do know that a pity party won't help. Everyone goes thru difficulties, and being treated unfair. To blame God is silly. The world is full of sin, and a lot of folks have no concern about others or God (if they even believe). When I think life is unfair, I can look in the mirror (because sometimes I bring on my own troubles), or realize that there is a lot of evil folks out there, and I can't change that. What I can change is how I respond.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:19 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,231,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I think a person has to be a little selfish and self-centered to believe in a religious god. As long as he and his friends are saved, then nothing else matters.

Whatever prayer is, it does work in some cases. Perhaps the things that don't turn out are proof that prayer cannot be answered in all cases. Personally, I think that people know subconsciously exactly what can and cannot be effective with prayer. But many religious people will still pray for things that they know inside cannot be helped. Because they would prefer to lie to themselves than to acknowledge the truth. To me, that would be separating themselves from that power, and choosing to believe a lie.
Glad you are not judgemental towards believers!

Old 04-08-2016, 01:26 PM

34,853 posts, read 43,004,040 times
When we pray, we give the burden of whatever is bothering us to God. This, to me, is the power of prayer...."Let go, and let God." It is not about asking for something, so it will be granted. Just this week, a dear friend had heart surgery in another state. There was nothing to do but pray for him, and for God to guide the surgeon. Once I did this, I felt I could stop worrying.

The old joke says, God always answers our prayers, but sometimes the answer is no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity