Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 01:23 PM

63,470 posts, read 39,739,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Great... since you are mentally prepared, I will just back away.
Scripture is sufficient to answer your inquiry, or Mystic's inquiry - whether it is John 14-16, 1 Corinthians 13, or Galatians 5. Seek wisdom with a proper heart and the leading of the Holy Spirit, and He will answer. I am insufficient for the task.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Thought so. Scripture may be sufficient, but clearly YOU are not simply because ALL you really have to go on is the doctrines you have been taught.
They do NOT believe the New Covenant and continue to operate under the Old Covenant "written in ink" and stone, nate. That is what the "proper heart" nonsense means. It means properly indoctrinated about what should be in your heart according to dogma and the "precepts and doctrines of men." They do not trust that God has "written in our hearts" and it can be trusted under the guidance of the Comforter in agape love. The satanic doctrine that the Bible is the 100% word of God (created by men and nowhere validated even in the Bible) is what corrupts their search for what is in their heart. They pretend that what they THINK the Bible says should be there is what is there. They ignore what is actually there in agape love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 03:15 PM

45,317 posts, read 26,855,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
They do NOT believe the New Covenant and continue to operate under the Old Covenant "written in ink" and stone, nate. That is what the "proper heart" nonsense means. It means properly indoctrinated about what should be in your heart according to dogma and the "precepts and doctrines of men." They do not trust that God has "written in our hearts" and it can be trusted under the guidance of the Comforter in agape love. The satanic doctrine that the Bible is the 100% word of God (created by men and nowhere validated even in the Bible) is what corrupts their search for what is in their heart. They pretend that what they THINK the Bible says should be there is what is there. They ignore what is actually there in agape love.
Whoa...

Old 04-13-2016, 03:46 PM

63,470 posts, read 39,739,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Quote:
Whoa...
Nowhere is the 100% Bible doctrine stated in the Bible. Men have decided that their God MUST have protected what is in the Bible, despite evidence to the contrary in the form of contradictions and inconsistencies. They used God-breathed (inspiration) to create the corrupting doctrine through interpretation and wishful thinking. The idea that God COULD protect the Bible is somehow translated into God DID protect the Bible, which is preposterous because we are not robots and have Dominion on earth. To know what is true and what is man's corruption, we need to TEST THE SPIRIT of everything in the Bible against the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God) revealed unambiguously by Jesus by His life and actions, NOT just words "written in ink." Words can so easily be corrupted and misinterpreted as they have been.

Old 04-13-2016, 04:44 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,782,265 times
We are not robots, true.

But the REAL robots as seen in this thread are those Christians who are incapable of saying anything on their own. They have so conformed themselves to a book that all they say are passages from the book. There is no life in them and they are truly dead inside.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:16 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,091,339 times
Here is my solution--

When I read a passage, and want to be sure I get the TRUE meaning from gittb--I tear the pages from the ancient book, nail them on a wall and THROW a dart--gittb directs the dart to the verse he wants me to focus on or that answers any question I may have related to the reading..

Old 04-14-2016, 10:37 AM

20,394 posts, read 12,685,091 times
Here is my solution--

When I read a passage, and want to be sure I get the TRUE meaning from God--I consider other passages that might relate--then I ask Him for wisdom and what He wants me to focus on and that answers any question I may have related to the reading..

Old 04-14-2016, 10:57 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,848,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Here is my solution--

When I read a passage, and want to be sure I get the TRUE meaning from God--I consider other passages that might relate--then I ask Him for wisdom and what He wants me to focus on and that answers any question I may have related to the reading..
Then you have nothing to check the results against? No standard of judgement but apparently contradictory passages from scripture?

Old 04-14-2016, 12:03 PM

45,317 posts, read 26,855,200 times
jimmiej - Don't waste your time... Nate is obviously OK with throwing darts at paper as z-man suggested.

Also - the fact that he read your post said there is no one with which to check results... that tells you who is NOT in his life.

Old 04-14-2016, 12:43 PM

20,394 posts, read 12,685,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Then you have nothing to check the results against? No standard of judgement but apparently contradictory passages from scripture?
Read it again.

Old 04-14-2016, 01:31 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,661,585 times
Quote:
Whoa...
Says a lot doesn't it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Here is my solution--

Amen ~
That is the best way jimmy, crossing referencing when we are studying and seeking wisdom from our God.
The Holy Spirit will lead in our seeking, revealing other scripture to give understanding what God is wanting us to know or do . That is the way and how He communicates to us through His word .

Many ppl get all messed up, confused by just reading and not seeking the leading of the Spirit through other scripture to get the jest of what the scripture is saying and they will ended up taking it way out of context . As we see this here all the time .
And then they come-up with off the wall strange teachings with using their own logic, reasoning and interpreting it on their own understanding rather then being led by the Spirit in what is being said . That is just how ppl get led and trapped into false teaching/doctrine by leaning on their own understanding . And then we get this attitude of the heart, "have you not made distinctions among yourselves, and become judges with evil motives?" (James 2:4)

James talks about asking God for wisdom and it will always come with the help of His Spirit, from and through His word that He communicates to us giving us the wisdom of His will and ways for our lives, amen !!

5 But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord, 8 being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. (James 1:5-8)

And the wisdom will always come to us....

"But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy." (James 3:17)

Quote:
jimmiej - Don't waste your time... Nate is obviously OK with throwing darts at paper as z-man suggested.

Also - the fact that he read your post said there is no one with which to check results... that tells you who is NOT in his life.
A big AMEN !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity