Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 02:35 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,826,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
jimmiej - Don't waste your time... Nate is obviously OK with throwing darts at paper as z-man suggested.

Also - the fact that he read your post said there is no one with which to check results... that tells you who is NOT in his life.
THIS from the person who refuses to address the question of the characteristics of the Spirit by which we may know that it IS the Spirit rather than somerhing mimicking the methoid of the Spirit, which is all he has to offer. Crawl back into your self-dug hole DRob4JC, until you are ready to man up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Read it again.
I read it three times and see nothing that constitutes ANY standard. Please enlighten me as to how you know your results are from the Spirit and not something else.

Old 04-14-2016, 02:42 PM

12,688 posts, read 6,685,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
How does a Bible believer do this?

How do you as a Bible believer determine that a particular verse was inspired by God?

How do you know which books were intended (by God) to be included in the Bible? How do you confirm that they were not altered from their original writing?
Ultimately, the Bible is only a means to an end. It teaches us that God exists and that God wants us to seek him out. When we do so, we gain our own personal revelatory relationship with God.

Clearly there are many books that were lost or destroyed long before the compilation of the Old and New Testaments. If they had survived, then they'd be in the Bible.

Old 04-14-2016, 02:59 PM

20,379 posts, read 12,657,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I read it three times and see nothing that constitutes ANY standard. Please enlighten me as to how you know your results are from the Spirit and not something else.
Quote:
Here is my solution--

When I read a passage, and want to be sure I get the TRUE meaning from God--I consider other passages that might relate--then I ask Him for wisdom and what He wants me to focus on and that answers any question I may have related to the reading..

Old 04-14-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Yes, jimmirj, I read that and my question is how you know the solution is from God and not something else? mBy what standard do you measure?

Why is this question so hard mfor "conservatives to answer? Every time I ask one I get crickets or evasions.

Vizio? Vizio? Are you out there?

Old 04-14-2016, 03:33 PM

45,301 posts, read 26,805,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
THIS from the person who refuses to address the question of the characteristics of the Spirit by which we may know that it IS the Spirit rather than somerhing mimicking the methoid of the Spirit, which is all he has to offer. Crawl back into your self-dug hole DRob4JC, until you are ready to man up.
God provided what Jesus said in Scripture to answer your issues here. You don't need my input.

Old 04-14-2016, 04:23 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,656,501 times
Quote:
I guess that is all you can do is give a smiley face ! When someone does not have the Spirit of God they will not understand what the Spirit is saying or teaching through your post !

Yet, they'll keep hounding one trying to intimidate one into feeling insecure with what they believe and try to create some kind of confusion .
All they want is for you to reply with a fleshly answer because that is all they understand is the flesh and do not recognize the voice of God !

As those who do walk in the Spirit understand just what you have spoken in your post and that is the answer for there is no other way to explain it in how the Spirit of God would have us to do to receive His wisdom jimmy . It is through the understanding of the power of His word that the Spirit give to us, amen !

“So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it will be opened." (Luke 11:9-10)

Blessings

Old 04-14-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
God provided what Jesus said in Scripture to answer your issues here. You don't need my input.
What is funny, DRob4JC, is that there IS no "input" from you, because you avoid the question altogether, but what is the MOSR funny is that when I am asked the question I ALWAYS have a concise, clear and scriptural reason to give and it is nevewr refuted or questioned by those "conservatives." Why? The conversation is dropped like a hot potato.

My answer is always "Because the conclusion is consistent with the character of the Holy Spirit as described by Jesus and Paul."

I think those "conservatives don't like that answer because their concvlusions are generally NOR so consistent and they don't trust the Spirit to do as Jesus said because they have never encountered that "guide."

It turns out that far from ME being the one with "airy fairy" ideas, THEY are the ones who base their assertions on nothing more than THEIR interpretations of scripture AND they are constantly telling other people that those people are interpreting scripture wrong. Feature that.

Last edited by nateswift; 04-14-2016 at 05:25 PM..

Old 04-14-2016, 05:17 PM

jimmie, jimmie? Are you there?

Old 04-14-2016, 05:21 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,063,673 times
Quote:
jimmiej - Don't waste your time... Nate is obviously OK with throwing darts at paper as z-man suggested.

Also - the fact that he read your post said there is no one with which to check results... that tells you who is NOT in his life.
It worked for the Bay City Rollers. Why wouldn't gittb inspire my dart to reveal his will?

Didn't Jacob use sheep's fur to glean gittb desire?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity