U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 12:28 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,319,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
It is not the government's job to make sure everyone lives decently. It is the individual's job.
There you go 9-year-old's. No more school lunch programs for you. Even if your father was laid off from his job and your mom is unable to work since that auto accident. If you want to live decently, including having something in your stomach so you can concentrate and learn.... get a job!!!!!

When I think of conservatives I think of the people who think everyone, no matter their situation in life, should be able to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. Even the people who are too freakin' poor to own boots.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 04-11-2016 at 12:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 01:01 PM

15,134 posts, read 8,222,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
There you go 9-year-old's. No more school lunch programs for you. Even if your father was laid off from his job and your mom is unable to work since that auto accident. If you want to live decently, including having something in your stomach so you can concentrate and learn.... get a job!!!!!

When I think of conservatives I think of the people who think everyone, no matter their situation in life, should be able to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. Even the people who are too freakin' poor to own boots.
I'm not against taxpayer assistance for the unemployed or downtrodden. Very few conservatives are. But we have gone way too far, creating a permanent underclass. For many, it's better to live off welfare than to get a job. Let's get rid of most of the restrictions on businesses, freeing them up to invest in jobs. Let's fix the minimum wage to tie into the inflation rate, so it will go up as the cost of living increases.

You liberals think you've cornered the market on compassion. Hardly! You've made things worse! Conservatism is true compassion.

Old 04-11-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:

Conservatism is true compassion.
You just keep telling yourself that. I highly doubt anything I could say would change your mind. I'm well aware of the conservative mindset. It rarely changes. I'm sure thinking conservatism is true compassion gives you the warm fuzzies and a sense of self-satisfaction. It gives most conservatives the warm fuzzies and a sense of self-satisfaction. Few people like stepping outside their comfort zone. Certainly not conservatives. Because they're ..wait for it...conservative.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 04-11-2016 at 02:03 PM..

Old 04-11-2016, 01:12 PM

20,551 posts, read 22,715,248 times
Quote:
I'm not against taxpayer assistance for the unemployed or downtrodden. Very few conservatives are. But we have gone way too far, creating a permanent underclass. For many, it's better to live off welfare than to get a job. Let's get rid of most of the restrictions on businesses, freeing them up to invest in jobs. Let's fix the minimum wage to tie into the inflation rate, so it will go up as the cost of living increases.

You liberals think you've cornered the market on compassion. Hardly! You've made things worse! Conservatism is true compassion.
You do realize if we had tied the minimum wage t inflation it should be $21.72 an hour right now...

Minimum Wage Would Be $21.72 If It Kept Pace With Increases In Productivity: Study

Old 04-11-2016, 02:01 PM

8,574 posts, read 5,111,549 times
Quote:

Had you taken the time to even view part of Rev. Barber's message, he points out that taxpayer money bought privilege for corporations to come to their state, NC, but as soon as they reached a high level of profit, they moved overseas--something so-called conservatives value--more money for fewer people.

Old 04-11-2016, 02:06 PM

12,900 posts, read 4,920,152 times
Quote:

We should bring back slavery. Think of all the jobs that will be created when businesses don't have to pay wages.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You just keep telling yourself that. I highly doubt anything I could say would change your mind. I'm well aware of the conservative mindset. It rarely changes. I'm sure thinking conservatism is true compassion gives you the warm fuzzies and a sense of self-satisfaction. It gives most conservatives the warm fuzzies and a sense of self-satisfaction. Few people like stepping outside their comfort zone. Certainly not conservatives. Because they're ..wait for it...conservative.
What you liberals have have done to the minority community is a damn shame! You have made them a permanent underclass. Liberalism undermines minorities by fostering dependence, avoiding accountability, lowering standards and excusing bad behavior.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
We should bring back slavery. Think of all the jobs that will be created when businesses don't have to pay wages.

Your words.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Had you taken the time to even view part of Rev. Barber's message, he points out that taxpayer money bought privilege for corporations to come to their state, NC, but as soon as they reached a high level of profit, they moved overseas--something so-called conservatives value--more money for fewer people.
I would have, but John took us off topic with his absurdity.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
What you liberals have have done to the minority community is a damn shame! You have made them a permanent underclass. Liberalism undermines minorities by fostering dependence, avoiding accountability, lowering standards and excusing bad behavior.
Which minority community would that be, jimmie? Women? LGBTQ? Jews?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or