U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2016, 07:27 PM

15,202 posts, read 8,247,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
We used to be more of a Christian nation (Christian in the good sense) when our taxes were much higher in the previous century. People as a whole were more charitable. They built hospitals and founded charities.

There was also LESS crime with all of those high taxes and higher relative minimum wage. Hmm...

People should look forward to paying taxes since they know this is done to help those in need. I like paying taxes. Although I would prefer major cuts to the military.
What % of your income are you willing to give to the government?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 07:44 PM

58,520 posts, read 31,917,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
In some countries everything goes to the government. These countries are the most un-christian counties on the planet. Soviet Union was a good example of such place.

Old 04-12-2016, 08:14 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,368,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
In some countries everything goes to the government. These countries are the most un-christian counties on the planet. Soviet Union was a good example of such place.
Citizens of the Soviet Union did not give "everything" to the government. They worked, they had incomes. Some of that income was used to buy food and clothing, pay rent, etc.

When babushkas (grandmothers) in Russia stood in long lines at shops that had bread...they had to use what little money they had to pay for that bread.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 04-12-2016 at 08:24 PM..

Old 04-12-2016, 08:27 PM

8,613 posts, read 11,898,858 times
Quote:
Being middle class, about the same as I am now. But I would willingly give a higher and higher percentage, with a higher income.

Old 04-12-2016, 08:39 PM

58,520 posts, read 31,917,431 times
Quote:
Being middle class, about the same as I am now. But I would willingly give a higher and higher percentage, with a higher income.
Or you could give it to a charity of your own choosing.

Old 04-12-2016, 08:58 PM

Quote:
We used to be more of a Christian nation (Christian in the good sense) when our taxes were much higher in the previous century. People as a whole were more charitable. They built hospitals and founded charities.

There was also LESS crime with all of those high taxes and higher relative minimum wage. Hmm...

People should look forward to paying taxes since they know this is done to help those in need. I like paying taxes. Although I would prefer major cuts to the military.
Quote:
Since you like paying taxes, I thought you might like paying more.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Since you like paying taxes, I thought you might like paying more.
Like I said earlier, if there were military cuts I probably wouldn't mind paying more.

I also think that we could do enormously more if the churches were taxed. I don't find anything good about that. They should be taxed. Christian churches are the worst kind of thieves.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Like I said earlier, if there were military cuts I probably wouldn't mind paying more.

I also think that we could do enormously more if the churches were taxed. I don't find anything good about that. They should be taxed. Christian churches are the worst kind of thieves.
So you'd prefer the state take care of us? And no more military action?

Old 04-12-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
So you'd prefer the state take care of us? And no more military action?
All I know is that I don't trust conservatives or Christians. To say that they are compassionate is like comparing...I won't even say it. It's not worth it.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:15 PM

Quote:
All I know is that I don't trust conservatives or Christians. To say that they are compassionate is like comparing...I won't even say it. It's not worth it.
I don't trust liberals or atheists. Both groups are...I better not say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or