Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 02:31 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
The truth hurts, doesn't it?

What I get is that you tried to rep Vizio for giving essentially a non-answer yet again and the system didn't let you reward him for wasted responses.
What truth have you brought up? You continue to give strange readings of Scripture and think you have the ultimate zinger. It's as if you fully expect us to simply toss our faith aside because YOU came up with some verse that no one has ever thought of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 02:35 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What truth have you brought up? You continue to give strange readings of Scripture and think you have the ultimate zinger. It's as if you fully expect us to simply toss our faith aside because YOU came up with some verse that no one has ever thought of.

Haha! Viz, you never cease to amuse me.

"He was buried with the wicked"

What part of that six-word sentence do you not understand? Or are you actually going to give us some incredibly twisted Apologist's logic to get around the obvious straightforwardness of it.

Old 04-12-2016, 03:24 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
He was in a rich man's borrowed tomb, but he was also rejected and crucified a horrible sinner's death. He was executed with criminals -- with wicked people. He was rejected and buried as a criminal.

Honestly...this is yet another of your attacks. I'm used to it.
How were criminals bodies dealt with then?...

Old 04-12-2016, 06:17 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,540,481 times
Quote:
GOD'S WORD® Translation
He was placed in a tomb with the wicked

New International Version
He was assigned a grave with the wicked,

New American Standard Bible
His grave was assigned with wicked men,

So which is it; was Jesus buried alone or was he buried with wicked men as per Isaiah?

If you qualified you might be buried with other soldiers at Arlington cemetery, but not in the same grave. Then don't you suppose that others where buried in the immediate area where Jesus was?

Salvation is as plain as the nose on your face but you choose to mock, squander, and go out of your way to try to hinder others with ridiculous assertions. But in the end; JN 10:28 "I give unto them Eternal Life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand."

MT 23:24 "You blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel." I would think you would be fed up with so many camels in your soul!

Old 04-12-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
If you qualified you might be buried with other soldiers at Arlington cemetery, but not in the same grave. Then don't you suppose that others where buried in the immediate area where Jesus was?

Salvation is as plain as the nose on your face but you choose to mock, squander, and go out of your way try to to hinder others with ridiculous assertions. But in the end; JN 10:28 "I give unto them Eternal Life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand."

MT 23:24 "You blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel." I would think you would be fed up with so many camels in your soul!

Are you actually trying to frighten me with that nonsense, garya? Yet another Christian blind to the truth.

Old 04-12-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Are you actually trying to frighten me with that nonsense, garya? Yet another Christian blind to the truth.
I give a simple example of how with would apply and you think that I am trying to frighten you? Just another lame assertion by you. Pray tell, where is the attempt to frighten?

I've never seen someone waste so much time such as you do. What a laugh!

Old 04-12-2016, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
I give a simple example of how with would apply and you think that I am trying to frighten you? Just another lame assertion by you. Pray tell, where is the attempt to frighten?

I've never seen someone waste so much time such as you do. What a laugh!

Well, garya not to belabor the point and then we'll move on but it's obvious to anyone reading you're saying to me that I mock Jesus and God and one day in eternity I will have so may blasphemies (camels) to answer for when I stand before God I am condemned to hell. That was the veiled implications of your statement. But as I said let's put that behind us.

Hey, would it interest you to know that according to Roman law Jesus couldn't even be given a proper burial, contrary to what the gospels try to pass off as historical fact, so likely his body was thrown to the animals to be devoured? The business about Joseph of Arimathea is just made-up nonsense by the gospel writers to try to sell this particular verse as a Messianic prophecy. No such town as Arimathea ever existed. Check it. Just another fact Christian are blind to.

Old 04-13-2016, 05:40 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
GOD'S WORD® Translation

So which is it; was Jesus buried alone or was he buried with wicked men as per Isaiah?
There is probably a minor application as well as a third of fourth application as prophecies (so I am told) can be applied to MANY different scenarios and time periods..

Old 04-13-2016, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Well, garya not to belabor the point and then we'll move on but it's obvious to anyone reading you're saying to me that I mock Jesus and God and one day in eternity I will have so may blasphemies (camels) to answer for when I stand before God I am condemned to hell. That was the veiled implications of your statement. But as I said let's put that behind us.

Hey, would it interest you to know that according to Roman law Jesus couldn't even be given a proper burial, contrary to what the gospels try to pass off as historical fact, so likely his body was thrown to the animals to be devoured? The business about Joseph of Arimathea is just made-up nonsense by the gospel writers to try to sell this particular verse as a Messianic prophecy. No such town as Arimathea ever existed. Check it. Just another fact Christian are blind to.

Well, if that is way you interpret what I said, so be it in your mind but that is not what I said. I made no mention any last judgment. I only thought that you yourself might be sick of swallowing camels. Try something sweet for your belly.

But your right, let's move on.

Last edited by garya123; 04-13-2016 at 06:32 AM..

Old 04-13-2016, 07:50 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
GOD'S WORD® Translation

Really? If you were living in, say, the 1700's and were too poor to have a "normal" burial, they might take your body to the paupers cemetery and bury you with the paupers. In Jesus' day they assigned his tomb among the tombs where the wicked were entombed. It doesn't mean He was put in a tomb that had wicked people interred in that same tomb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity