Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 03:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmagnum View Post
The cause is of me feeling like God has rejected me and my prayers.
How do you know that? Have you seen someone qualified to treat depression in the last year? Did you get a professional diagnosis?

Depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain. There are a variety of treatments and therapies. I truly hope, as I did a year ago, you seek help from someone qualified to treat depression. That's not strangers on the internet no matter how well meaning. You can feel better. But first you need to do your part. Get a professional diagnosis and a plan for treatment.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 04-12-2016 at 03:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 03:48 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
When Jesus said to leave the family and follow me , he was talking about the customs and influence from atheism and other religions could have on people , for example : like you have a man in a Muslim family would may have to leave his family to be converted to Christians , as some area people would kill the man for doing that...............See that is what Jesus was talking about with leave the family and follow me

Old 04-12-2016, 04:30 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
Quote:
And they also are from people who have no connection with each other either. Yet they all have powerful callings, visions, and purposes to do before the end times. Guys, what's the best way to view this? A couple of mine have been:
1. So much for hoping, desiring things such as a family, better friends, being healed from this depression.
2. I can't help but feel we are game pieces caught in between a battle between Good and evil.
3. Some of these prophecies, dreams and visions are so evil and devastating. How can I believe God is love when families will be torn apart, children from parents?
4. God calls to leave our families if need be, why can't we love them and God? Why does he insist on his way, no matter the cost? He will make you love or hope for something but purposely withhold it to test you just like Abraham sacrificing Isaac seems like.
5. His righteousness is first and foremost I've learned painfully. He will have that before his love, or helping rescue us.
6. All of these stories, dreams and advice and signs of the end times severely depresses me. I have no choice but to submit and follow God. But I will never consider it joy, or expect good things from him. People dying, getting raped and murdered. Creation destroyed ? And we are told not to worry, do what he wants and his way.
7. I feel like we were worth more then that, more then this.
I have no idea how I will be able to trust God or say I love him as he lets this world and most people be destroyed. Get our hopes up, broken families and horrible pain. Some will die from the fear and shock of the events even. I really don't think I'm called a Christian, or sold out. It's not in my heart to I guess.
Lastly, makes you think of how stupid and pointless life is. Wash the car, go to work to clean, all for what? For them to get dirty again? For the buildings to be eventually torn down or blown up, and we die. Have a family to love and care for, only to be called to leave them, or for them or yourself to die. What's the point? All for gods glory and his way, who cares about your life. You're so selfish! People will say, offering no true answers.
Didn't God make us to care, to love, to want fellowship? Is it wrong to want to love your spouse, and God? Or to do well and believe you'll be okay all the days of your life? The more I learn about God, I honestly don't like him but I'll love him cause I have to.
It is Not ' before ' the end times, but that we live in the ' end times of badness on earth ' - Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8
Jesus is a ' righteous warrior ' because he carries on ' war in righteousness ' - Revelation 19:11
The words from Jesus' mouth will only execute the wicked - Revelation 19:14-16; Isaiah 11:3-4
Only the wicked will be destroyed - Psalm 92:7
Then, Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.

Old 04-12-2016, 04:43 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
When Jesus said to leave the family and follow me , he was talking about the customs and influence from atheism and other religions could have on people , for example : like you have a man in a Muslim family would may have to leave his family to be converted to Christians , as some area people would kill the man for doing that...............See that is what Jesus was talking about with leave the family and follow me
Isn't Matt. 19:29; Mark 10:29-30; Luke 18:29-30 where Jesus is talking about those who take up missionary service ? ___

Jesus was Not talking about leaving in the sense of forsaking one's family and friends, but using their circumstances to widen out in serving God as missionaries in foreign lands.

However, agree in extreme cases people might have to put distance from others so as to get out of harm's way.

P.S. JKV adds the word ' wife ' at Matthew 19:29; Mark 10:29; Luke 18:29 which is Not in the Greek Interlinear but added later in the KJV Bible translation.
Also, children is in reference to ' adult ' children and Not minors.

Old 04-13-2016, 03:24 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Dew drop, you can get rid of the symptoms but not the cause. The cause is of me feeling like God has rejected me and my prayers. His will is something I don't like or want
I had a friend who felt this...my suggestion is get over it and do so quickly...gittb does not reject prayer...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity