U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-16-2016, 01:33 PM
 
20,322 posts, read 15,674,976 times
Reputation: 7436

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
ok, so you don't know how. Your logic starts at "I don't know". Thats not good start.

No valid reason? what is your valid reason in believing in magic or dude died, woke up, and flew away?
I said that God did it. Supernaturally. That is how Jesus was raised from the dead. And I told you to listen to the videos concerning the historical evidence for the resurrection of Jesus.

You can't except a supernatural explanation and therefore twist what I said as if I said I don't know, because I don't give a natural explanation which is the only thing you can except. But God exists and He raised Jesus from the dead supernaturally. And there is historical evidence which can be examined regarding Jesus' resurrection.

For the last time, look at the videos which detail the historical evidence, or don't. I don't care either way. But I'm not going to waste my time on dishonest skeptics, which you evidently are, who are not even willing to objectively look at the historical evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-16-2016, 03:24 PM
 
10,523 posts, read 4,157,425 times
Reputation: 1194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I said that God did it. Supernaturally. That is how Jesus was raised from the dead. And I told you to listen to the videos concerning the historical evidence for the resurrection of Jesus.

You can't except a supernatural explanation and therefore twist what I said as if I said I don't know, because I don't give a natural explanation which is the only thing you can except. But God exists and He raised Jesus from the dead supernaturally. And there is historical evidence which can be examined regarding Jesus' resurrection.

For the last time, look at the videos which detail the historical evidence, or don't. I don't care either way. But I'm not going to waste my time on dishonest skeptics, which you evidently are, who are not even willing to objectively look at the historical evidence.
no need to watch vidz. I asked you how and you said "I don't know, some type of magic." I would never ask anyone to follow a line of logic that starts like that. I say use what you do know, and you can still believe in god.

The "eye witnesses" is the same as my mother story. I say do not believe things you hear but rather go learn what is possible and not possible. That's what Jesus did. Education brings ignorance into the light, that "salvation". the lesson of the cross.

it's stupid simple.

You do not objectively look.
That's a bold face lie.
you serve apples as god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2016, 03:38 PM
 
20,322 posts, read 15,674,976 times
Reputation: 7436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
no need to watch vidz. I asked you how and you said "I don't know, some type of magic." I would never ask anyone to follow a line of logic that starts like that. I say use what you do know, and you can still believe in god.

The "eye witnesses" is the same as my mother story. I say do not believe things you hear but rather go learn what is possible and not possible. That's what Jesus did. Education brings ignorance into the light, that "salvation". the lesson of the cross.

it's stupid simple.

You do not objectively look.
That's a bold face lie.
you serve apples as god.
Show the exact post where you claim that I said, "I don't know, some type of magic." It doesn't exist. I never said it. No where on this thread can such a statement by me be found. You even put in quotation marks something that I never said. What I did say is that God raised Jesus, and you can't accept that answer.

Since you won't watch the videos, and since you deliberately lie about what I said. . . then we're done. As I said, I'll not waste my time on a dishonest skeptic, and it is now obvious that that is what you are. You won't even bother to take an objective look at the historical evidence. Some people won't believe because they don't want to believe.

Last edited by Mike555; 04-16-2016 at 04:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2016, 04:45 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,266 posts, read 20,012,643 times
Reputation: 2109
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
What do you think of this idea?

I say it as a bold statement. Barely even a question. But yet I am still asking what you (non-fundamentalists) think about this statement.

We often try to justify some kind of spirituality from following Christ and his teachings. But I am saying that there is really no value in doing so. Unless we truly believe that he was/is the magical superhero that he is portrayed to be by religious people, then why even focus on one man and his supposed teachings?

There could be tons and tons of new books written from a non-fundamentalist viewpoint, but they just don't work. Not a single one of them has any value. Once a person accepts that Jesus was just a man, or possibly didn't exist, then what does it even matter anymore?
So you don't think the teachings of Jesus have any value?. This man's teachings whether he is real to you or not or whether he is a reality or myth has changed the lives of millions through the ages. Let's not confuse his message with what it was turned into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2016, 08:38 PM
 
8,654 posts, read 11,909,488 times
Reputation: 3136
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So you don't think the teachings of Jesus have any value?. This man's teachings whether he is real to you or not or whether he is a reality or myth has changed the lives of millions through the ages. Let's not confuse his message with what it was turned into.
Very good point. He has made a positive impact on a lot of people.

I guess I was looking from a different perspective. Those who don't believe in the "magic" stuff who still focus on Jesus alone, and dismissing all other spiritual teachings. Usually because Christianity is what they grew up with or what they know from their culture. Then there are some people who create their own unique spirituality by drawing from different traditions. So why would someone with a similar understanding about God focus on just one tradition?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2016, 08:48 PM
 
10,523 posts, read 4,157,425 times
Reputation: 1194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I said that God did it. Supernaturally. That is how Jesus was raised from the dead.
right here

"I don't know how god did, it was some sort of magic."

I would never ask somebody to follow this. There is no magic, no supernatural and god has no problem with the death of ignorance. The "light" mike, the "light" is understanding. see?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2016, 08:51 PM
 
10,523 posts, read 4,157,425 times
Reputation: 1194
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Very good point. He has made a positive impact on a lot of people.

I guess I was looking from a different perspective. Those who don't believe in the "magic" stuff who still focus on Jesus alone, and dismissing all other spiritual teachings. Usually because Christianity is what they grew up with or what they know from their culture. Then there are some people who create their own unique spirituality by drawing from different traditions. So why would someone with a similar understanding about God focus on just one tradition?
why not focus on a human? It makes sense I think.

The only point you make that isnt valid, for me that is, is forcing the 'all or nothing" stance. Black/white thinkers have some real issues in life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2016, 09:10 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,568 posts, read 7,023,234 times
Reputation: 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
right here

"I don't know how god did, it was some sort of magic."

I would never ask somebody to follow this. There is no magic, no supernatural and god has no problem with the death of ignorance. The "light" mike, the "light" is understanding. see?
The problem seems to be that you don't know the difference between "magic" and "supernatural (or refuse to acknowledge it since "magic" is a kind of put down).

Magic is the CONTROL of supernatural forces by something or someone outside that force. When the force is the active participant, it is not magic, but supernatural.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2016, 09:13 PM
 
20,322 posts, read 15,674,976 times
Reputation: 7436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I said that God did it. Supernaturally. That is how Jesus was raised from the dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
right here

"I don't know how god did, it was some sort of magic."

I would never ask somebody to follow this. There is no magic, no supernatural and god has no problem with the death of ignorance. The "light" mike, the "light" is understanding. see?
''I said that God did it. Supernaturally. That is how Jesus was raised from the dead,'' is NOT ''I don't know how god did, it was some sort of magic.''

And you didn't even ask me how God did it. You asked me how 'he' (referring to Jesus) did it (rose from the dead) [Post #27]. You don't believe that Jesus is God.
Post #27,Your question; ''why, do you believe we have to accept that he "rose from the dead". And how did he do it?''
Yes, the supernatural exists. God is supernatural. So look to your own ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2016, 10:02 PM
 
8,654 posts, read 11,909,488 times
Reputation: 3136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
why not focus on a human? It makes sense I think.

The only point you make that isnt valid, for me that is, is forcing the 'all or nothing" stance. Black/white thinkers have some real issues in life.
You're right. I'm still not really sure how to say what I'm trying to say. Perhaps it is something that only applies to myself. I'm throwing out the baby with the bathwater, figuratively, in regards to others who follow Christ. And who probably get a lot more out of their faith than I have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top