Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would it be better to teach your children never to marry?
No 13 100.00%
Yes 0 0%
If they are men 0 0%
If they are women 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 11:03 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,179,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Now see, I can understand a woman needing to get married to have a covering but not so much for the man, I think he would be wise to stay alone.
Your "needing a covering" comment about women aside....if you wish to remain single, knock yourself out. I chose to get married. Neither one are really "better" in God's eyes..but it really is up to the individual, as Paul was saying there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 11:04 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,611,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Your "needing a covering" comment about women aside....if you wish to remain single, knock yourself out. I chose to get married. Neither one are really "better" in God's eyes..but it really is up to the individual, as Paul was saying there.
Viz, what is covering? I am unfamiliar with the term and meaning.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:27 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,179,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Viz, what is covering? I am unfamiliar with the term and meaning.
I don't want to speak for the poster, but my guess is a reference to the idea of a woman's headcovering.

1 Cor 11 talks about women covering their heads, or having their heads shaved. A temple prostitute in the culture would shave her head, and women with short hair or shaved heads were often seen as being prostitutes, and not being married. In the context some people read it to suggest he's talking about a woman being subject to a man, and thus having her "head covered". I personally don't read it that way, but some do. You'd have to ask him for clarification if that's his point.

Old 04-20-2016, 03:26 PM

23,124 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

I was just joking about the covering.

Old 04-20-2016, 03:42 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,006,521 times
Just teach them not to commit adultery , as the lead in the spirit and Christians should under the spirit and not the law of Moses or Apostle Paul`s preferences , and the people under the spirit will be lead not to commit adultery .

Old 04-20-2016, 03:55 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That's what the P.V.F.L. community believes and teaches to their children.{stay virgins}
Maybe I will have a drink and toast to the frigidity of PVFL

Old 04-20-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How about teach them what 1st Corinthians 7 teaches: Marry, if you want to marry, stay single, if you want to stay single.
THOUGH, Christ did say it was better not to marry, BUT not every hormonal person can accept this..

Old 04-20-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Covering? What is covering?
I think it is associated with breast-feeding in public?
Attached Thumbnails
Should You Teach Your Child To Remain A Virgin For Life?-breast.jpg  

Old 04-20-2016, 04:01 PM

15,840 posts, read 6,306,545 times
The PVFL community sounds like they are destined for extinction. Natural selection in action right there. I would say teaching your child that is a violation of boundaries. In cults there are no boundaries so the fact that I even see one there is awesome!!!!! It's one thing to teach a child your ethics or whatever but when it gets into what they should do as an adult or who they should be the parent has crossed the line into loving their own reflection.

That head covering thing isn't funny (OK it is) In the group I belonged to they are still used.

Old 04-20-2016, 04:36 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,611,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I think it is associated with breast-feeding in public?
That makes perfect sense.

Men marry women so women can cover their heads when breastfeeding. Especially in church. That's where Corinthians comes in( thank you Viz).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity