Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Jesus the only path to God?
No! 24 30.77%
Yes, but... 7 8.97%
Yes, period! 47 60.26%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 02:12 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Just a hunch here, but I suspect you would also say that Jesus' Apostles were also "confused" about Him actually being a resurrected being of flesh and bones. Am I right?

Peter taught this- 1Peter 3:18--Flesh is corrupt--Jesus' spirit is uncorruptable. Raised as a spirit--that is how he appeared behind a locked door, as well Mary did not recognize him outside of the tomb. But being the son of God could appear as mortal at will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 02:16 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Seriously? "My Lord & my God..." Where do you get that from?

Thomas was confused--Jesus and his real teachers all teach--Jesus has a God-his Father. John 20:17, Rev 3:12---2Cor 1:3, 1Cor 8:6, 1Cor 15:24-28--- 1Peter 1:3--- Rev 1:6--- You would have to teach-- God has a God yet there is only one God. Believe Jesus.

Old 05-04-2016, 02:18 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Thomas was confused--Jesus and his real teachers all teach--Jesus has a God-his Father. John 20:17, Rev 3:12---2Cor 1:3, 1Cor 8:6, 1Cor 15:24-28--- 1Peter 1:3--- Rev 1:6--- You would have to teach-- God has a God yet there is only one God. Believe Jesus.
Nonsense. John 1

Old 05-04-2016, 04:08 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Nonsense. John 1

1 John 5:20
We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him
who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and
eternal life.

The Lord God Almighty says
Revelation 1:8
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God,
“who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

and Jesus says of himself
Revelation 21:6
He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega,"
Revelation 22:12-13
“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.
I am the Alpha and the Omega "

Jesus is God Almighty !!

Old 05-04-2016, 04:11 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

1 John 5:20
We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him
who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and
eternal life.

The Lord God Almighty says
Revelation 1:8
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God,
“who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

and Jesus says of himself
Revelation 21:6
He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega,"
Revelation 22:12-13
“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.
I am the Alpha and the Omega "

Jesus is God Almighty !!

Old 05-04-2016, 04:13 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Peter taught this- 1Peter 3:18--Flesh is corrupt--Jesus' spirit is uncorruptable. Raised as a spirit--that is how he appeared behind a locked door, as well Mary did not recognize him outside of the tomb. But being the son of God could appear as mortal at will.
take it back to hell where it belongs.

Jesus (the resurrected physical Jesus) said upon appearing to the disciples:
Luke 24:39
Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself!
Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”

YLT
see my hands and my feet, that I am he; handle me and see, because a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me having.'

Old 05-04-2016, 04:24 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
1 Peter 3:18 states: "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit." There is nothing in that verse that says anything about flesh being corrupt. You are reading something into that verse that it never states. More importantly, you are flat out denying that Jesus meant what He said -- that He had a body of flesh and bones. You are insisting that He was misleading His Apostles and telling them something that was not true.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:25 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,705 times
Quote:
John 1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.>>>Richard1965
Let's look at that verse in a different angle, if you will.

"In the beginning was the word? Question on that sentence.....had Jesus (word) not come, would there even be a beginning?

If the answer is no, your right.

But Jesus did come, so then, there was a beginning upon His resurrection.

But the beginning, being initiated there then, was technically from the very start of humanity.....from Adam.

... "the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning"...

The balance of that verse is the qualifier.

In other words, God was from the beginning, now is and forever shall be.

If so, then Jesus, as God was from the beginning, now and forever shall be......God.

Blessings, AJ

Old 05-04-2016, 07:58 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
Let's look at that verse in a different angle, if you will.

"In the beginning was the word? Question on that sentence.....had Jesus (word) not come, would there even be a beginning?

If the answer is no, your right.

But Jesus did come, so then, there was a beginning upon His resurrection.

But the beginning, being initiated there then, was technically from the very start of humanity.....from Adam.

... "the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning"...

The balance of that verse is the qualifier.

In other words, God was from the beginning, now is and forever shall be.

If so, then Jesus, as God was from the beginning, now and forever shall be......God.

Blessings, AJ
G-d does not have a beginning...

Old 05-04-2016, 09:00 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
G-d does not have a beginning...
Reference is not to the beginnings of God but referencing the mission of Jesus as from the beginning.

The Father God created gods in the flesh, Jesus re-created the souls of all the flesh.

In order for Him to do that, He must be from the beginning.

Blessings, AJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity