Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2016, 03:00 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,613,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I'm with you on this~ Kirk's comments regarding women MUST obey comes from the OLD Fashion viewpoint from thousands of years ago. As in Men have their "ROLE" such as provider, protector Women's "Role" was to abide by his rules, boundaries and limitations, procreate children, provide the nurturing of all family members, provide meals, clean homestead etc. Children's "Role" was to follow the rules as dictated by parental units, do chores assigned to them, learn the tasks associated with realm of whichever sex they were..girls, what their mother did, and boys to follow in the footsteps of their father did.

Times have changed...thats called evolution..adaptation to the new environment ... Women started to master those jobs, that WAS in the past associated with Males. Women were forced to due to their environmental changes. SO it has nothing to do with Christianity per say!

My question is why do some people go off the deep end and defend something because they feel opinions are bashing Christianity??? It actually comes across as a " Doth Protest too Much" basis! Extremes exist in all walks of life..no need to deflect and blame automatically " Lib" apologists as an example or GOP dogma extremists.

Kirk, simply expressed a view that some people believe..No more so less! It's not the worst old fashion viewpoint I have ever heard. IMO
The women in my family have held employment, going back to our slave roots in real European Master/slave relationships. I never heard of gender roles growing up. There were no gender roles.

The Mikey Seevers of this world are astonishingly backward, and ignorant. I find it difficult to accept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 03:05 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,047,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Oh honey. You must think I'm some ignorant little kid, huh?

No, honey, no, there isn't a single thing that YOU could say that would convince me of your "truth" because you use a collection of stories to prove a collection of stories are true. Your foolish circular reason does not, can not, and will not ever stand up to logic because you cannot use a thing to prove a thing. It's as simple as that.

I guarantee you - let me repeat that - I guarantee you that your posts will not only NOT convert me, they just reinforce how ridiculous it is that you folks think you can convert anyone by throwing bible verses at them.

You sound just like my fundy brother, lol. You can keep your "army," your prayers, and your silly little belief that God would create a creature for the sole purpose of leading humans to evil. Logic, baby, logic.

I don't think you are a little kid at all, and like I said I don't blame you for thinking what I say is foolishness. Í didn't expect anything different to be honest.Did I ever say that God created us for the sole purpose of leading us into evil? Logic to me is that God created us perfect and good, and we chose poorly against Him, and we are responsible for the evil we commit. It's logic because it logically explains our existence, evil, death.. unlike a big bang for example, where something was created out of nothing, which is totally illogical and can't be proven because it can't be repeated as a 'science' as much as Gods Creation can't be repeated or scientifically verified. It takes at least as much faith to believe in evolution, as it does to believe the Bible. Perhaps even more because the stretch that something came out of nothing is pretty big.. no matter how many complicated words and billions of years you throw against it. Logic and truth aren't enemies of each other, they actually go hand in hand.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:13 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
The women in my family have held employment, going back to our slave roots in real European Master/slave relationships. I never heard of gender roles growing up. There were no gender roles.

The Mikey Seevers of this world are astonishingly backward, and ignorant. I find it difficult to accept.

I like you had similar upbringing. SO I guess we were ahead of the curve since we were exposed to the changing role models. However, I was also exposed to friends and neighbours who did actually follow those norms back in the '50's. Even the TV shows exhibited much of this "Norm" Family Unit was expected. Leave it to Beaver or Fathers knows Best as 2 examples. One Archy Bunker and the spin-offs from their show, the "little women" of the family unit started to speak up and fight back somewhat.

Sure, there were a lot of historical figures (women) many can point to that exhibited strong females. This actually started even before the "Suffrage Movement" for the right for women to vote~~ But as history taught us..change takes time..and there were always some who refuse to change or evolve. So today, there still remains a portion of society that refuse to evolve out of generational past "Folkways and Mores" ..

Old 05-03-2016, 03:15 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,185,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post

I'm not aware of Cameron ever suggesting that women couldn't work outside the home. What's your point?

Old 05-03-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Hey, we just got a Fire Hose Paddle. Doesnt sound exciting but " its not the size, its what you do with it"
What do you have to do to get that? A grass patch you forgot to mow? Not that I want to give any suggestions.

So you were a submissive Christian wife, but not in the same way until he found dominance with a D? This gave new life to your Christian sensibilities and is in line with your beliefs. Am I close?

I sincerely believe you need better shoes. In leaner times, I invested in a good leather shoe that lasted years, until the dog next door ate them, and all the Barbies.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:38 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
I don't think you are a little kid at all, and like I said I don't blame you for thinking what I say is foolishness. Í didn't expect anything different to be honest.Did I ever say that God created us for the sole purpose of leading us into evil? Logic to me is that God created us perfect and good, and we chose poorly against Him, and we are responsible for the evil we commit. It's logic because it logically explains our existence, evil, death.. unlike a big bang for example, where something was created out of nothing, which is totally illogical and can't be proven because it can't be repeated as a 'science' as much as Gods Creation can't be repeated or scientifically verified. It takes at least as much faith to believe in evolution, as it does to believe the Bible. Perhaps even more because the stretch that something came out of nothing is pretty big.. no matter how many complicated words and billions of years you throw against it. Logic and truth aren't enemies of each other, they actually go hand in hand.
No honey, again, you don't understand.

YOU are the one who brought up the devil (repeatedly) - the creature created by God for the sole purpose of tempting humans to do evil things. That's what your book teaches, and that's what you reiterated in your post. THAT makes no logical sense, none at all.

Further, the Big Bang and evolution are two completely different scientific theories, which you would already know if you actually knew anything about them and understood science and logic. I love it when you folks throw out "faith" in regards to evolution, because it just shows how much you completely do not understand what you are talking about.

I never said logic and truth are enemies of each other. Indeed, they do go hand in hand! The difference is you are trying to apply logic to a false truth, mythology, so it cannot and will not work.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm not aware of Cameron ever suggesting that women couldn't work outside the home. What's your point?
I have heard little Mikey Seever's advice before. He used to be on a television public access channel for a while. He is astonishingly backward and ignorant for a young person. I consider him ill educated.

Little Mikey Seever is not qualified to give marital advice.

Lynn and I were discussing how most families have evolved, yet fundamentalist ideologues cling to something that hardly existed in real life.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:47 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The point is they were responding to my post which was discussing the evolution of the role of women has changed over time. That women no longer have to be subservient to their husbands, or anybody for that matter anymore. Women of today have had to fight for the right to be treated as an equal. Men or no more elevated in authority unless maybe they are your boss ( even then you have the right to disagree) a teacher, minister, male political leader.

So what Kirk was espousing was that He, individually requires his women~ that they must obey him, no matter what! I love that old saying.."If someone told you to jump off the bridge..Would you ?" Kind of explains why poor Kirk is getting such pushback

Old 05-03-2016, 03:48 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,677,577 times
I'm not into having my wife obeying me, I like a relationshop where both sides learn from each other and follow each other. Having women be submissive and following my every word is boring and never appealed to me.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:01 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,047,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
No honey, again, you don't understand.

YOU are the one who brought up the devil (repeatedly) - the creature created by God for the sole purpose of tempting humans to do evil things. That's what your book teaches, and that's what you reiterated in your post. THAT makes no logical sense, none at all.

Further, the Big Bang and evolution are two completely different scientific theories, which you would already know if you actually knew anything about them and understood science and logic. I love it when you folks throw out "faith" in regards to evolution, because it just shows how much you completely do not understand what you are talking about.

I never said logic and truth are enemies of each other. Indeed, they do go hand in hand! The difference is you are trying to apply logic to a false truth, mythology, so it cannot and will not work.

Okay so let's each stick to their own strength, the Bible doesn't teach that God created satan as an evil being. Isaiah 14:12 The Bible teaches that satan was an archangel that fell, and took many angels with him, they are fallen angels now a.k.a. demons. They (unlike us) can never be saved, but are awaiting eventual damnation in the lake of fire which the Bible describes as reserved for the devil and his angels Revelation 20 & Matthew 25:41. So God cannot be held responsible for satans rebellion and his eventual temptation of Adam and Eve to sin, just as God cannot be held responsible for our sin. James 1:13

Now I am not a really scientific guy indeed, so can you explain to me the difference between Big Bang and evolution? What does evolution teach on the 'existence' of the universe? I thought Big Bang simply was part of the theory of how the world begun with the subsequent evolution it supposedly had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity