Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 03:14 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,109,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
GOD > BIBLE. Period. What God says is always more important than a collection of 2000+ year old texts containing between
What happens when 2 people that claim to hear from God have different views? How do you know who is right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 04:14 PM

27,914 posts, read 29,747,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm teaching you what Scripture says -- that we are sinners because we inherit sin from Adam.
The Bible doesn't say a single solitary thing about our "inheriting" sin. We are human beings, and we behave like human beings. You don't know much about genetics if you believe sin is inherited. It is not carried in one's DNA, Vizio, and that's the ONLY way something can be inherited.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
How did the ancients do exactly the same thing? They had no scriptural canon after all.
Yeah, that's a good point.

How did they know who Jesus really was? God revealed it to each of them directly.

Quote:
Then comes the oft-misused following verse:
So what is the rock upon which Christ would build his Church and Kingdom on Earth? The rock of direct divine revelation. Direct personal revelation from God was always intended to be at the core of God's Church and Kingdom on Earth.

That is the whole message of the New Testament. "We know that Jesus Christ is the real deal because we saw it all first hand. We saw him live, work unparalleled miracles, die and rise again from the dead." So while they certainly did point out why the reality and ministry of Christ was in harmony with scripture, the bigger message was "We know because we saw it and received personal revelation from God."
Well, again, what you're saying is making a lot of sense. I would have to agree with you that God would never just leave us with a 2000+ year old collection of writings and say, "Here's the manual. Read it. I won't be back in touch, so you're on your own."

Old 05-04-2016, 04:32 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,691,682 times
Quote:
What happens when 2 people that claim to hear from God have different views? How do you know who is right?
Again, how did they resolve this for the first 5000 years history of interaction with God? Did Abraham have a Biblical canon to fall back on? How did the Israelites know that Moses was somebody they should actually listen to at all? If we use the Godly people from the Bible as a model, the notion of checking it against the Bible is clearly not how they did it.

There were false prophets in the Old and New Testaments. How did it sort itself out?

Old 05-04-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Again, how did they resolve this for the first 5000 years history of interaction with God? Did Abraham have a Biblical canon to fall back on? How did the Israelites know that Moses was somebody they should actually listen to at all? If we use the Godly people from the Bible as a model, the notion of checking it against the Bible is clearly not how they did it.
Since you don't claim to follow the Bible, why mention it?

But to answer your question, God spoke to 1 prophet, and didn't give contradicting messages to multiple "prophets", as many claim today.
Quote:
There were false prophets in the Old and New Testaments. How did it sort itself out?
The false prophets gave a false prophecy and were stoned to death. If we are to follow that method today, the first time you give us a message contradicting the Bible, you should be running for the hills.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
The Bible doesn't say a single solitary thing about our "inheriting" sin. We are human beings, and we behave like human beings. You don't know much about genetics if you believe sin is inherited. It is not carried in one's DNA, Vizio, and that's the ONLY way something can be inherited.
Did you read Romans 5? Have you read other passages like Ephesians 2, where it states we are children of wrath? Romans 3?

Yes--we are born sinners. In Adam we all sinned.

That is, if you want to believe the Bible....

Old 05-04-2016, 04:46 PM

15,797 posts, read 6,232,539 times
Quote:
Maybe they should take a look at each other and realize the both have the same thing wrong with them?

Old 05-04-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Did you read Romans 5? Have you read other passages like Ephesians 2, where it states we are children of wrath? Romans 3?

Yes--we are born sinners. In Adam we all sinned.

That is, if you want to believe the Bible....
I do believe the Bible, Sweetheart. I just interpret it differently than you do.

Old 05-04-2016, 05:20 PM

741 posts, read 441,403 times
Quote:
God did save us through the man born of a woman--God incarnate, Jesus. So, yes--good does overcome evil, but no human being was good enough without also being God. All of mankind is stained with the sin of Adam. Eve did sin, but she is not the one that is said to have passed down sin.

Actually, I've already quoted you the passage stating that we all sinned in Adam. That is a clear indication that yes--it is inherited. There are 2 views--one is that we get it from our Father, another is that we get it from Adam. I agree with the idea we get it from Adam--as we were "in Adam", according to Romans 5. Jesus was never "in Adam", as Jesus was not born of an earthly Father descended from Adam.

Adam and Eve were created sinless. When they sinned, they were stained with sin, and were incapable of having sinless children.

David wrote "in sin did my mother conceive me..." (Psalm 51:5).

Got a verse for that?

There is no such thing as a human being as sinless as Jesus Christ. And no--women are not inferior. I am only telling you what the Bible says.

I'm teaching you what Scripture says -- that we are sinners because we inherit sin from Adam.
Nah you're teaching interpretations and your doctrine. You are not saying anything I have not already heard before, researched in the Bible and rejected.

Adam and Eve were just as sinless as Jesus before they rebelled. Therefore Eve's purity would have overwritten Adam's sin contributing DNA. Sin is not stronger than holiness. All the scriptures you're showing are speaking of people after the fact both A&E sinned. There is also no scripture that says 'sin is past from only the father'. Genetics proves that is false. There are all sorts of diseases that are past from mother to child. Which, just made me think...you do understand what sin in the flesh is right? That it's not just desires but actual imperfections in our DNA. The part in us that makes some born will all sorts of aliments. Down Syndrome are normally past from the mother. 88% of the cases is because of a problem with the eggs of the mother. I think you and I have a completely different understanding of sin.

Here's a statement I wonder if you believe. Jesus was capable of sinning or rebelling as a human and still is able to do so right at this moment.

Don't bring the same ol' doctrine stuff. Let me go ahead and pre-reject it. This time post only scriptures to prove the above wrong. Or if you agree with it, prove it right with the only Bible. Don't add any of your own words.

Last edited by 2Timothy316; 05-04-2016 at 05:30 PM..

Old 05-04-2016, 05:20 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,034,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I do believe the Bible, Sweetheart. I just interpret it differently than you do.
You and millions and millions of other people.

Maybe Viz can tell us how he came to believe his interpretation is correct and everyone who disagrees with him is wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity