U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-17-2008, 07:37 PM
 
Location: Texas
4,345 posts, read 3,609,973 times
Reputation: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
How dare you cg81 teach Holiness !!
You are so right on with this post.... good to hear the gospel!! I remember the time when saints went to the alter for purification. Hungering and thirsting for it. Calling on His Holy Spirit for the cleansing of the flesh!!
Coming together confessing to one another, asking for healing of known sin in the life...
I haven't seen a good alter call in a long time.
Men and women seeking after God's heart. Wanting a life of complete sanctification and pursuing it with all their hearts.
Seeking the Holy Spirit for guidance and purity for the church. Praying for it until the purity and unity among the brothers and sisters in Christ would come to pass. Not getting off their knees until heaven doors were opened.
O, Holy Spirit come and show us once again!!!!! Give us more men and women with the heart of cg81......
God Bless!!!
Again, that's great, except the OP of this thread is not about holiness, it's about whether you can lose your salvation. Yes, holiness is awesome, really more fun than sin (I know, I've done both extensively). Hard on the flesh, yes. Great for the spirit man though.

The point to me is we don't serve God to make sure He won't kick us out. What kind of father/son love relationship is that?
blessings,
- Byron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-17-2008, 08:01 PM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 8,282,802 times
Reputation: 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
So, while you're laughing, do you believe we will always have quote "free will"? Don't you think that angels will be rebelling in heaven anymore? Or do you think the demons and people screaming in the lake of fire will be a good enough reminder for all us free-willers to be good, and that will take care of it?

Really, the way some Christians think beg these questions. My point would be to cause some to re-think what they believe.

blessings,
- Byron
The principle of free-will is eternal, it is a composite of love

godspeed,

freedom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2008, 08:41 PM
 
224 posts, read 264,177 times
Reputation: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
So, while you're laughing, do you believe we will always have quote "free will"? Don't you think that angels will be rebelling in heaven anymore? Or do you think the demons and people screaming in the lake of fire will be a good enough reminder for all us free-willers to be good, and that will take care of it?

Really, the way some Christians think beg these questions. My point would be to cause some to re-think what they believe.

blessings,
- Byron
I think the more accurate questions is do you think it will be? Obviously you think it may not because you are worried about it therefore you succumb to the idea that your free will is only up to the point at which you choose to follow our Lord.

Well heres a wake up for ya. If you can choose to follow you can choose to leave.

That is the one of the greatest gifts from our Lord. He wants humans to want to follow him. He could have made us all mind numb robots that followed his every command unerringly.

Maybe you have a hard time with the fact that he loves us enough that he is even willing to loose large numbers of people in order to find the ones that are that truly want to follow him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2008, 08:53 PM
 
Location: Texas
4,345 posts, read 3,609,973 times
Reputation: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxGreyFalconxx View Post
Maybe you have a hard time with the fact that he loves us enough that he is even willing to loose large numbers of people in order to find the ones that are that truly want to follow him.
Well, that's the insanity I keep pointing out. To me, this is a carnal understanding of God's plan.

The reality is He will not lose anything, except that what needs to be lost.

That which is born of flesh is flesh - that which is born of spirit is spirit.

Blessings,
- Byron

Last edited by firstborn888; 02-17-2008 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: trimmed down quote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2008, 09:34 PM
 
224 posts, read 264,177 times
Reputation: 47
Is it just me or are you contradicting your own argument ?

On one hand you tell me that my point is insanity but then you say God will lose what must be lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2008, 10:56 PM
 
Location: Texas
4,345 posts, read 3,609,973 times
Reputation: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxGreyFalconxx View Post
Is it just me or are you contradicting your own argument ?

On one hand you tell me that my point is insanity but then you say God will lose what must be lost.
Isaiah 40:5 The glory of the LORD shall be revealed, And all flesh shall see it together; For the mouth of the LORD has spoken." 6 The voice said, "Cry out!" And he said, "What shall I cry?" "All flesh is grass, And all its loveliness is like the flower of the field. 7 The grass withers, the flower fades, Because the breath of the LORD blows upon it; Surely the people are grass. 8 The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever".

"That which is flesh is flesh, that which is spirit is spirit"

What's insanity is the notion that somehow God is needy for true love and so sacrifices billions to gain those few. So, knowing full well the outcome, He's moves ahead with a plan to create mankind so us lucky few who are good enough, or wise enough, or humble enough, or chosen enough or happen to be 'trained up in the way we should go' enough (or whatever enough) to make a good choice can walk off into the sunset with God, leaving all the rest of God's children to wallow in misery forever.

If you cannot see the insanity of that, I'm sorry.

Then this thread comes along to say even those few aren't safe.

We tried the free will thing and the commandments and 'choose ye this day whom you will serve' and it didn't work.

But, in the New Covenant He says:

Jer. 31:31 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah-- 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, "Know the LORD,' for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

You see in this statement a sovereign act of God, for His glory.

blessings,
- Byron

Last edited by firstborn888; 02-17-2008 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: dumb spelling errors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 05:20 AM
 
224 posts, read 264,177 times
Reputation: 47
Oh ok duh.... Now I SEE IT!!!!!!!!

No one will be lost we are all saved.

And since we have been saved we will forever be saved.

Wow I am so glad you cleared that all up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 05:28 AM
 
224 posts, read 264,177 times
Reputation: 47
You see firstborn888 I can see your dilemma here.

You can not wrap your human mind around the fact that a loving caring God will allow his children to chose for themselves.

If you read the words spoken from our Lord's own mouth you will understand that the vast number of them will choose destruction and a smaller number will chose to follow.

Its not in us to understand God's ways, we are told that in Scripture as well.

But we are also told most assuredly that those who chose the wide path have the lake of fire as their final destination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 07:30 AM
 
3,086 posts, read 3,977,570 times
Reputation: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Again, that's great, except the OP of this thread is not about holiness, it's about whether you can lose your salvation.
Actually, it was supposed to be the other way around. The OP was supposed to be about the purity of the church, and the way I saw the doctrine of eternal security affecting it. So I ask this question to you, firstborn.. how have you seen this doctrine, or the doctrine of universal reconciliation, affecting the purity of the church?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 08:17 AM
 
3,086 posts, read 3,977,570 times
Reputation: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
How dare you cg81 teach Holiness !!
You are so right on with this post.... good to hear the gospel!! I remember the time when saints went to the alter for purification. Hungering and thirsting for it. Calling on His Holy Spirit for the cleansing of the flesh!!
Coming together confessing to one another, asking for healing of known sin in the life...
I haven't seen a good alter call in a long time.
Men and women seeking after God's heart. Wanting a life of complete sanctification and pursuing it with all their hearts.
Seeking the Holy Spirit for guidance and purity for the church. Praying for it until the purity and unity among the brothers and sisters in Christ would come to pass. Not getting off their knees until heaven doors were opened.
O, Holy Spirit come and show us once again!!!!! Give us more men and women with the heart of cg81......

God Bless!!!
Thank you for your post! We're afraid of truly walking "in the light", yet the blessings in that way are abundant.
1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Accountability. Very very hard, yet just what we(I) need.
Yes.. the flesh recoils at it... but the soul longs for it!

Last edited by cg81; 02-18-2008 at 08:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top