Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 06:10 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,440 times

Advertisements

Regardless of what you think I can or cannot "claim", I did receive a new heart. A new will, new affections, new purposes, new light, through Yeshua the Mashiach, have you? The passage is pointing to the time of Mashiach.

From Gills commentary on Ez. 36:26

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you,.... A "new heart" and a "new spirit" are one and the same; that is, a renewed one; renewed by the Spirit and grace of God; in which a new principle of life is put; new light is infused; a new will, filled with new purposes and resolutions; where new affections are placed, and new desires are formed; and where there are new delights and joys, as well as new sorrows and troubles; the same which in the New Testament is called the "new man", and the new creature, Ephesians 4:24.

The Targum paraphrases it,

"a heart fearing, and a spirit fearing;''
where the true fear of God is, a truly gracious heart; and which is purely the gift of God, and is the fruit of his rich grace, abundant mercy, and great love:

and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh; the Targum is,
"and I will break the heart of the wicked, which is hard as a stone;''
this is a heart hardened by sin, and confirmed in it; destitute of spiritual life and motion; senseless and stupid, stubborn and inflexible; on which no impressions are made; and which remains hard and impenitent: now this is in "the flesh", in corrupt nature; and this hardness of heart is natural to men; and all who have it are after the flesh, or are carnal; and it requires omnipotence to remove it; it cannot be taken out by men of themselves: nor by ministers of the word; nor by the bare mercies and judgments of God; but by the powerful and efficacious grace of God; giving repentance unto life; working faith in the soul, to look to a crucified Christ; and shedding abroad the love of God in the heart, which softens and melts it; all which is done by the Spirit, and frequently by means of the word.

This is interpreted, in the Talmud (n), of the evil imagination, or corruption of nature; and is one of the names of it, a stone; and it refers, it is said (o), to the time or world to come, the days of the Messiah: and I will give you an heart of flesh; a heart sensible of sin and danger; a penitent one, soft and tender, through the love and fear of God; a spiritual and sanctified heart; submissive to the will of God; flexible and obsequious to the commands of Christ; on which impressions are made by the grace of God; where the laws of God are written, the Gospel of Christ is put; where Christ himself is formed; where are the fear of God, faith, hope, and love, and every other grace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 09:53 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Regardless of what you think I can or cannot "claim", I did receive a new heart. A new will, new affections, new purposes, new light, through Yeshua the Mashiach, have you? The passage is pointing to the time of Mashiach.

From Gills commentary on Ez. 36:26

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you,.... A "new heart" and a "new spirit" are one and the same; that is, a renewed one; renewed by the Spirit and grace of God; in which a new principle of life is put; new light is infused; a new will, filled with new purposes and resolutions; where new affections are placed, and new desires are formed; and where there are new delights and joys, as well as new sorrows and troubles; the same which in the New Testament is called the "new man", and the new creature, Ephesians 4:24.

The Targum paraphrases it,

"a heart fearing, and a spirit fearing;''
where the true fear of God is, a truly gracious heart; and which is purely the gift of God, and is the fruit of his rich grace, abundant mercy, and great love:

and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh; the Targum is,
"and I will break the heart of the wicked, which is hard as a stone;''
this is a heart hardened by sin, and confirmed in it; destitute of spiritual life and motion; senseless and stupid, stubborn and inflexible; on which no impressions are made; and which remains hard and impenitent: now this is in "the flesh", in corrupt nature; and this hardness of heart is natural to men; and all who have it are after the flesh, or are carnal; and it requires omnipotence to remove it; it cannot be taken out by men of themselves: nor by ministers of the word; nor by the bare mercies and judgments of God; but by the powerful and efficacious grace of God; giving repentance unto life; working faith in the soul, to look to a crucified Christ; and shedding abroad the love of God in the heart, which softens and melts it; all which is done by the Spirit, and frequently by means of the word.

This is interpreted, in the Talmud (n), of the evil imagination, or corruption of nature; and is one of the names of it, a stone; and it refers, it is said (o), to the time or world to come, the days of the Messiah: and I will give you an heart of flesh; a heart sensible of sin and danger; a penitent one, soft and tender, through the love and fear of God; a spiritual and sanctified heart; submissive to the will of God; flexible and obsequious to the commands of Christ; on which impressions are made by the grace of God; where the laws of God are written, the Gospel of Christ is put; where Christ himself is formed; where are the fear of God, faith, hope, and love, and every other grace.
It's still speaking to Israel...No matter what you fantasize about...

Old 06-14-2016, 10:15 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Well you tell me about the Pomegranate Richard?

Tell me of this land of inheritance.

Old 06-14-2016, 10:20 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,440 times
Quote:

Boy are you stubborn and hard hearted, I didn't say Ezekiel didn't speak to Israel. But he was prophesying about a future time, appearantly the Talmud agrees. And we are living in that future time after Yeshua the Mashiach has come, the time when Gods people are made up of both Jew and Gentile.

When I say that those passages are relevant to me personally, and to all believers in Yeshua for that matter, I am not making any untrue claims. He was prophesying to Israel about a future time, which is the time after the coming of Mashiach in which we still live.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:08 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Then we enter the realm of make it up as you go...I think even Paul says before Moses there was no law....

There are different meanings ascribed to law, just as there are different meanings ascribed to world, and many other words in there, which I know you know. ANYTHING He says to do or not do, is a commandment, a royal law, established as the word of a King. Peace

Old 06-15-2016, 09:11 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,956 times
Western civilization is the modern day Sodom and Gomorrah.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:59 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Th title of this thread is: Sodom and Gomorrah - the sin was sodomy, not inhospitality. How come, after 87 pages and 869 posts, no one has offered any scriptural evidence that the thread title has any ring of truth to it?

Old 06-15-2016, 10:07 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Th title of this thread is: Sodom and Gomorrah - the sin was sodomy, not inhospitality. How come, after 87 pages and 869 posts, no one has offered any scriptural evidence that the thread title has any ring of truth to it?
Because you purposely ignore clear evidence that destroys your arguments. And then you gloat that no one has offered any evidence. I doubt your shell game is fooling anyone.

"In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error." Romans 1:27

Hmm nothing about only being temple prostitutes there.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:09 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Because you purposely ignore clear evidence that destroys your arguments. And then you gloat that no one has offered any evidence. I doubt your shell game is fooling anyone.

"In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error." Romans 1:27

I think that was about David and Jonathan.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:37 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
The title of this thread is: Sodom and Gomorrah - the sin was sodomy, not inhospitality. How come, after 87 pages and 869 posts, no one has offered any scriptural evidence that the thread title has any ring of truth to it?
Quote:
Who is gloating? Not me. Gloating is not my style. I merely asked a relevant question. Here, I'll ask it again:

How come, after 88 pages and 872 posts, no one has offered any scriptural evidence that the thread title has any ring of truth to it?

Quote:
Um, what does Romans 1:27 have to do with Sodom and Gomorrah or the title of this thread?

Quote:
Back to Romans 1 since you brought it up. Verse 27 is merely a flow on from the previous verses that pertain to the worship of idols rather than God. These 'sexual perversions' according to Paul certainly relate to worship practices affiliated with idolatry. These kinds of shenanigans were public events. Gay (and straight) people don't make a habit of performing acts of intimacy in public places. Nor would they have done so in Paul's day other than with temple prostitutes for ritualistic purposes. You really do need to brush up on your Bible hermeneutics, Jeff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity