Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 12:00 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,253,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Forgive you your sins and save you from eternal hell.
This is the brainwashing crazy talk that your religion teaches.

I suggest you mind your own business and stop spreading crazy talk.

The OP asked about how to help develop his Spirituality not how to follow a cult and believe in lies.

There is nothing spiritual about thinking humans were born "sinners" nor trying to put fear and intimidation in them with ignorant beliefs.

Humans are not born sinners and there is no hell other then the one you create for yourself and others.

Last edited by Matadora; 05-13-2016 at 12:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
Yet again, I see before me a believer that has missed the point of the journey. Isn't it equally arrogant and presumptive to assume that the gods gave us 'all the answers', conveniently bundled up in the pages of a book?

Don't focus so hard on the destination, Chanokh; walking the path is much more rewarding than racing to the end.
Amazing they don't understand this.

What value is a religion that teaches cult tactics and beliefs like this poster is saying? Nothing spiritual in any of it.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Southernboy, I suggest you stay out of churches and go fishing. Or, as I've suggested a time or twenty, go sit on a log beside a creek for a couple of hours. Marvel at the beauty of shafts of sunlight slanting through trees and highlighting the aerial dance of freshly-hatched midges.

Look closely at the fronds of a fern while listening to the chatter of rapids. Study the hypnotic swirl of an eddy. If you're lucky, you'll spot a trout rising to snatch a snack.

Any activity that takes you into natural surroundings devoid of concrete and traffic noise is more likely to stimulate spiritual thoughts and feelings than some dude in a church droning on for an hour about some primitive Middle-Eastern beliefs.

The journey's the thing. The destination is the same for all of us.

Good luck. Enjoy.
Also he could go take up astronomy and learn about the cosmos. Take a trip far away from city lights to an observatory and view through a refactor at the beautiful cosmos.

There are many ways to cultivate spiritual growth but as I suggested in my very first post...you must find what works for you. You have all the answers within you and if you can't find them, then quite your mind in meditation or as Trout suggested out in nature and let the answers come to you....and they will.

Last edited by Matadora; 05-13-2016 at 12:27 PM..

Old 05-13-2016, 12:19 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
How intimate is a book? Wouldn't a better method be to spend time with Her creation(s)?

I can read all I want about Trump, but will I really KNOW the man???
God speaks to me thru His Holy Word. How much more intimate can one be with God then to have Him speak to us? I notice in some of your previous postings that you advocate reading Gods Word as a way to get close to Him .I'm not sure where you're coming from?

Old 05-17-2016, 03:50 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
Hey, y'all.

I'm a black male in my early twenties who is battling spiritually. As I'm beginning to form my own relationship with God, I'm met with sources and people on social media who are saying that God isn't real. they really do bring up some valid points as to why there may not be a God; however, I feel that I'm spiritually weak to not be fooled by non-believers. Sometimes, I battle with myself because I feel like I'm not being heard when I pray; I do ask God to reveal Himself to me everyday, so I won't doubt His existence.

Will someone please help me to stay on track with my spiritual growth by sharing your personal connections with God?
This is the wrong Forum. Find a Christian forum to fellowship with and grow.

Old 05-17-2016, 04:29 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
This is the wrong Forum. Find a Christian forum to fellowship with and grow.
Until the cultists either conform or leave, just be selective and knowledgeable about what you take seriously.

Old 05-17-2016, 04:31 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
God speaks to me thru His Holy Word. How much more intimate can one be with God then to have Him speak to us? I notice in some of your previous postings that you advocate reading Gods Word as a way to get close to Him .I'm not sure where you're coming from?
God speaks to me like any other person would.

I do not go to a book about George Washington so he can "speak" to me...IT IS JUST A BOOK WRITTEN BY FALLIBLE MEN who barely understood the language.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:28 PM

63,774 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
This is the brainwashing crazy talk that your religion teaches.
I suggest you mind your own business and stop spreading crazy talk.
The OP asked about how to help develop his Spirituality not how to follow a cult and believe in lies.
There is nothing spiritual about thinking humans were born "sinners" nor trying to put fear and intimidation in them with ignorant beliefs.
Humans are not born sinners and there is no hell other then the one you create for yourself and others.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:49 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,360,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I spend time in prayer and reading His Word everyday.
God wants to have an intimate and personal relationship with us- this is awesome!
Just like when we are falling in love with someone- we want to spend time with them.
We must listen to God thru our daily time with Him, and ignore the world.

Excellent.

Greetings, zthatzmanz...

Old 05-17-2016, 08:51 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,783,911 times
I came into the world as it's light to keep anyone who believes in me from remaining in the dark.

Anyone who hears my word and does not keep it I am not the one to condemn him for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge namely the word I've spoken, that's what will condemn him on the last day.

I am the light of the world. No one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life.

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and it shall be given to you.

Man does not live by bread alone but by every word from the mouth of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity