Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 11:21 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You think the Pope wears a dress? Do you also think Jesus wore a dress?
Jesus certainly does wear a dress. A snow-white one. I've seen photographs of Him. And, He looks very becoming as the dress really emphasizes His long, flowing blond hair, his piercing blue eyes and His all-round Scandinavian good looks. He's just about the best looking Jew that I've ever seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 12:39 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Jesus certainly does wear a dress. A snow-white one. I've seen photographs of Him. And, He looks very becoming as the dress really emphasizes His long, flowing blond hair, his piercing blue eyes and His all-round Scandinavian good looks. He's just about the best looking Jew that I've ever seen.
You do know the men in Jesus' time wore tunics don't you about what the Pope wears today?

Old 05-20-2016, 06:49 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
https://churchpop.com/2016/05/16/pop...gender-theory/

An interesting article on what the Pope thinks about all of this.
Well, there's his credibility gone. Not just because I disagree with him but his logic is appalling. Suppose God the Creator created things as they are. Then he created people as they are - in the wrong bodies,one might say. Man puts them right as we do with transplants, once condemned equally as the transgender thing, but nobody complains now.

He also falls into the fallacy of "If everyone thought like you.." The fact is that transgender is not going to turn society inside out since many people (I don't know the proportions) are not in the wrong bodies.

He is committing the old fallacy of a doctrinal view and rummaging about for arguments to support it. And they are bad arguments. Credibility shot.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:33 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,051,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Well, there's his credibility gone. Not just because I disagree with him but his logic is appalling. Suppose God the Creator created things as they are. Then he created people as they are - in the wrong bodies,one might say. Man puts them right as we do with transplants, once condemned equally as the transgender thing, but nobody complains now.

He also falls into the fallacy of "If everyone thought like you.." The fact is that transgender is not going to turn society inside out since many people (I don't know the proportions) are not in the wrong bodies.

He is committing the old fallacy of a doctrinal view and rummaging about for arguments to support it. And they are bad arguments. Credibility shot.
People are not born in the wrong body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Gender is determined genetically

4 genders: male, female, both, neither

Old 05-21-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post

But people who are born without limbs or born mentally challenged, we call disabled. Now society wants us to believe people who are born in one body and saying they are in the wrong body are perfectly healthy.

Old 05-21-2016, 03:45 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Science has come a long way to give hormone therapy to anyone who want to change their sex can so, still has yet for a man to have a baby , and a women to give seed for the new birth ??? How come ???

Old 05-21-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Science has come a long way to give hormone therapy to anyone who want to change their sex can so, still has yet for a man to have a baby , and a women to give seed for the new birth ??? How come ???
That will probably be next when some scientists now are combining human and animal DNA together to make something. I don't know what they will call the entity that comes from it.

Some things should not be tried. Leave things to God and don't try to become a god. That is when we get into trouble.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:19 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,085 times
Quote:
https://churchpop.com/2016/05/16/pop...gender-theory/

An interesting article on what the Pope thinks about all of this.

"The NFL owns a day of the week. The same day the Church used to own. Now it's theirs."

- Dr. Cyril Wecht CONCUSSION Columbia Pictures

Roman Catholic leadership is in danger of yielding to the same temptations as those that destroyed the Protestant Church.

The spirit has fled the Protestant Church. The Baptists are the last major legitimate protestant denomination that has not had its leadership adopt policies and revised statements of faith that contradict Biblical principles.(*) God is no longer 'with' them in the traditional sense.

"The parsons will dig their own graves. They will betray their God to us. They will betray anything for the sake of their miserable jobs and incomes. Protestant clergy donít believe in anything except their well-being and office". - Adolph Hitler

Beware those false shepherds who prostitute right thinking in trade for bodies in seats on Sunday morning.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

(*) Other smaller denominations such as Assemblies of God, Church of God, etc. still preserve a traditional stand. My reference above is to denominations that were once recognized to be the largest of all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity