Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 10:00 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarjoe View Post
The bible is clear on the subject. Its not OK to be gay. Being an Agnostic I really don't care, but I also do not try to twist the bible into saying what it does not. Its clear on many things, and you have to do a lot of pretzel twisting to make the bible OK with the homosexual life style. What I don't understand is why some homosexuals feel the need to reconcile the bible with their life style. We have separation of church and state so that the Government does not use any religion to infringe on someones life style. That said if you want to live as a homosexual knock your self out, but why force the bible to condone it, when it clearly does not?

The bible is a divisive book as are most if not all religious books. But yet the idiots of the world want to make the bible down with gays and lesbians and the Koran a book of peace. Both of these ideas are just out and out stupid. The bible made up of many books divided into two books old and new testament obviously have a much more anal retentive god in the old and more forgiving oriented go in the new. But that is not to say that Romans and other scriptures of the NT are not condemning gay sex or homosexuality. It clearly does. You may as well say that the Koran is for eating pork. This idea that god is love and so as long as you love a person its OK. Well then when some adult and under age child love each other who are we to say that is not OK under these non existent guide lines? What if a woman really loves her dog and they have sex together and want to marry, who are we to say that the bible does not tolerate this?

We jumped in this country from gay marriage to trannys showering with your teen daughter. In a few more years I can see my absurd example being a real fight that the idiots on the left will embrace. What is today's crazy example is tomorrows liberal banner they rally under.
It's only human nature to want to be told you're a good person. People don't like to be told they're wrong--especially in our country.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:38 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

and that those who are pushing the social change agenda (the idiots on the left, today's crazy liberal banner they rally under) have totally lost it.
Says the guy who lives in fear of invisible worlds of fire and punishment.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:53 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And then there are those educated, intelligent, rational people who pay no heed to what that mouldy old book has to say.
No mold on my Bible.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
It's SO very clear, in fact, that you cannot present one Bible passage backing up this claim that cannot be interpreted by some of us as originally intended.
So you just ignore Leviticus 18:22? After all, it says homosexual activity is detestable. Please explain to me how detestable doesn't mean, well detestable.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:02 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No mold on my Bible.
The mould is in the messages. Like too-old cheese left in the sun, the bible stinks.

But some people will swallow anything.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
The mould is in the messages. Like too-old cheese left in the sun, the bible stinks.

But some people will swallow anything.
What is so stinky and outdated about unconditional love, all men are equal, forgiveness and living a life of righteousness? The Bible has the answers to life. Gee even if people just followed Biblical principles about managing money, we wouldn't have a massive debt problem.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Somebody needs a cold shower....
Typical dodging. Guess you can't handle the cold ugly truth.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
What is so stinky and outdated about unconditional love, all men are equal, forgiveness and living a life of righteousness? The Bible has the answers to life. Gee even if people just followed Biblical principles about managing money, we wouldn't have a massive debt problem.
Except for the LGBTQ, right?

Old 05-19-2016, 12:10 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Because the bible clearly does not. Besides, if homosexuality was such a sin then why didn't God destroy all homosexuals in the flood? Why did he create Eve from a man's rib (and thus making her transgendered)? What was wrong with forming a mound of clay and breathing life into it?
I am curious about this statement which I have noticed you making before. Can you explain further? Thank you.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:12 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

and that those who are pushing the social change agenda (the idiots on the left, today's crazy liberal banner they rally under) have totally lost it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Says the guy who lives in fear of invisible worlds of fire and punishment.
actually so says the guy who hates the Bible but yet has enough sense to realize the idiots on the left, today's crazy liberal banner they rally under have totally lost it.

As far as you are concerned, since the premise is that Jesus is real, then heaven and all of it's pleasures and duration in it are real for the believer ... just as hell, all of it's torment and it's duration for the unbeliever is just as real.

Finally it is you then who lives in fear of hell as the unbeliever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity