Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 02:15 AM

643 posts, read 471,288 times

Advertisements

The bible is clear on the subject. Its not OK to be gay. Being an Agnostic I really don't care, but I also do not try to twist the bible into saying what it does not. Its clear on many things, and you have to do a lot of pretzel twisting to make the bible OK with the homosexual life style. What I don't understand is why some homosexuals feel the need to reconcile the bible with their life style. We have separation of church and state so that the Government does not use any religion to infringe on someones life style. That said if you want to live as a homosexual knock your self out, but why force the bible to condone it, when it clearly does not?

The bible is a divisive book as are most if not all religious books. But yet the idiots of the world want to make the bible down with gays and lesbians and the Koran a book of peace. Both of these ideas are just out and out stupid. The bible made up of many books divided into two books old and new testament obviously have a much more anal retentive god in the old and more forgiving oriented go in the new. But that is not to say that Romans and other scriptures of the NT are not condemning gay sex or homosexuality. It clearly does. You may as well say that the Koran is for eating pork. This idea that god is love and so as long as you love a person its OK. Well then when some adult and under age child love each other who are we to say that is not OK under these non existent guide lines? What if a woman really loves her dog and they have sex together and want to marry, who are we to say that the bible does not tolerate this?

We jumped in this country from gay marriage to trannys showering with your teen daughter. In a few more years I can see my absurd example being a real fight that the idiots on the left will embrace. What is today's crazy example is tomorrows liberal banner they rally under.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:26 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
The answer is obvious. For the same reason that Christians who cannot resist the case for evolution have to either admit that Genesis is wrong or claim that it somehow endorses evolution or at least is a metaphor of it.

Similarly, when they can no longer credibly oppose gay rights, they can either admit they disagree with the Bible or tell themselves (a lot more easily) that what is held up as denunciation of Gays is really not.

It's a bit tougher with Same -sex marriage, but I'm sure that some judicious blind -eye work (as is applied to Biblical endorsement of slavery) would not be beyond them.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 05-19-2016 at 02:37 AM..

Old 05-19-2016, 02:34 AM

11,020 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarjoe View Post
The bible is clear on the subject. Its not OK to be gay. Being an Agnostic I really don't care, but I also do not try to twist the bible into saying what it does not. Its clear on many things, and you have to do a lot of pretzel twisting to make the bible OK with the homosexual life style. What I don't understand is why some homosexuals feel the need to reconcile the bible with their life style. We have separation of church and state so that the Government does not use any religion to infringe on someones life style. That said if you want to live as a homosexual knock your self out, but why force the bible to condone it, when it clearly does not?
Because the bible clearly does not. Besides, if homosexuality was such a sin then why didn't God destroy all homosexuals in the flood? Why did he create Eve from a man's rib (and thus making her transgendered)? What was wrong with forming a mound of clay and breathing life into it?

Old 05-19-2016, 02:43 AM

595 posts, read 331,606 times
"I don't understand why homosexuals have to twist the bible into saying its OK to be gay?"

Maybe it is because of the long standing habit of Christians twisting the Bible into saying what they want to do is ok.
If you look at the historical record, it practically looks like a Christian tradition. LOL

Example? The one that comes to mind first is the way half the colonies resurrected slavery after it was abolished in Europe.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:44 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Why do cultist evangelicals TWIST the bible to say homosexuality is a sin to be gay?

Old 05-19-2016, 02:53 AM

595 posts, read 331,606 times
Quote:
The bible is clear on the subject. Its not OK to be gay.
You mean like the way the bible is clear about it being an abomination for men to shave and cut their hair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Why do cultist evangelicals TWIST the bible to say homosexuality is a sin to be gay?
I wouldn't go that far. Not only is there the Deteronomic prohibitions which they are picking and choosing from, but I think it is pretty clear that the apostle Paul picked up a few misogynistic and homophobic attitudes from the culture he grew up in.

Old 05-19-2016, 03:16 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,047,480 times
Think you stood on some sensitive toes there joe. The reason I think is because they want to sin and still feel righteous at the same time, pretending the Bible doesn't condemn it and twisting it to fit their own desires. But gladly the Word of God is still the same and will always remain the same, and will always be the ultimate authority and source of truth. No matter how His creatures try to twist it around, like the serpent did in Genesis, it's Gods Word.

Isaiah 40:6-8 The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

Last two verses of Luthers 'A mighty fortress'

And though this world, with devils filled, should threaten to undo us,
We will not fear, for God hath willed His truth to triumph through us:
The Prince of Darkness grim, we tremble not for him;
His rage we can endure, for lo, his doom is sure,
One little word shall fell him.

That word above all earthly powers, no thanks to them, abideth;
The Spirit and the gifts are ours through Him Who with us sideth:
Let goods and kindred go, this mortal life also;
The body they may kill: God’s truth abideth still,
His kingdom is forever.

Old 05-19-2016, 03:30 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
I fear the Topic trod on your toes, since the OP argues that the Bible does not excuse Gays, nor endorse same -sex marriage or indeed condemn slavery.

And so far as I could see, we all agreed that it did not. The only people whose corns might be compressed are those who cannot go along with that and yet somehow have to avoid admitting that they disagree with what is in the Bible. It isn't my toes being tramped on.

But of course, the kneejerk 'bias' card has to be played, as you don't have many others.

Old 05-19-2016, 03:43 AM

3,052 posts, read 2,923,155 times
Quote:

The bible is a divisive book as are most if not all religious books. But yet the idiots of the world want to make the bible down with gays and lesbians and the Koran a book of peace. Both of these ideas are just out and out stupid. The bible made up of many books divided into two books old and new testament obviously have a much more anal retentive god in the old and more forgiving oriented go in the new. But that is not to say that Romans and other scriptures of the NT are not condemning gay sex or homosexuality. It clearly does. You may as well say that the Koran is for eating pork. This idea that god is love and so as long as you love a person its OK. Well then when some adult and under age child love each other who are we to say that is not OK under these non existent guide lines? What if a woman really loves her dog and they have sex together and want to marry, who are we to say that the bible does not tolerate this?

We jumped in this country from gay marriage to trannys showering with your teen daughter. In a few more years I can see my absurd example being a real fight that the idiots on the left will embrace. What is today's crazy example is tomorrows liberal banner they rally under.
It's because (most, or at least many) people have the need to be religious or spiritual and they want to do it on their terms. The Bible is open to many interpretations and if it verses are taken out of context and not objectively interpreted correctly, you can come up with just about anything. You get the blind leading the blind. For someone who has not experienced any fraction of the holiness of the biblical God, why would you believe something that is hard for you? Why not just follow the version of spirituality that best fits your own lifestyle, especially if you've got some seemingly-educated person that says it's correct?

Old 05-19-2016, 05:22 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Quote:

At least you're an honest Bible hater. The Bible is indeed very clear that homosexuality is condemned by God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity