Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2016, 04:10 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
The problem with your lack of understanding is you don't limit yourself to the Bible. You justs make up things from you mind but have no evidence we should believe you.

What insights you have about someone you hardly know. With your great brilliance, you should be able to tell us how far he has gotten?

That's right but how do you know he has not done that? O right, you disagree with him and there is no way you can be wrong, right?
There is no limits in Christ, you are limited by your beliefs, biases and prejudices you have been raised on about the bible(I was too when I was a fundy) rather than learning from the one YOUR bible tells us to learn from(which requires to be open minded)..... Why do you not heed the scriptures about this ?.

The insights I have about you are from observing what you are saying and what you are declaring you believe.

By examining myself, I know that Jesus Christ is in me, when Paul said this, he was not talking about a physical man called Jesus with a beard and sandals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 04:13 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Just as many evangelicals use the bible in lace of Jesus,
It is amazing that you secular fundamentalist say things like that very often and you have absolutely nothing to back it it up

Quote:
many also see the whole Jesus relationship and understanding the bible (why do they need to understand the bible if it is not replacing Jesus?)
I can't believe you said that. How are we to understand Jesus if it not through God's description of Him? No Christian would rep;lace Jesus for the Bible. Our Bible did not die for our sins.l Our Bible don't love us.

Quote:
as some secret club that requires a decoder ring and / or enlightenment from the Holy Spirit to make sense of when in reality, Christ never said ONLY the anointed will understand...the good news is AVAILABLE to EVERYONE--no decoder ring required..

I Cor 2:14 - But the natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for hey are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

I want to personally thank you for validating the accuracy of that verse.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Let me guess. You're another incarnation of Foot_J? Finn, is that you?
What difference does it make as to who I am?

Last edited by omega2xx; 08-20-2016 at 04:33 PM..

Old 08-20-2016, 04:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
omega, you are a sad caricature of an apologist.

You do your side no favours.

I'll warrant the entertainment value does rank up there with Eusie. But working the exact same schtick does age the act fairly quickly.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There is no limits in Christ, you are limited by your beliefs, biases and prejudices you have been raised on about the bible(I was too when I was a fundy
This what happens when you make statements for which you have no knowledge. I was not raised by the Bible. Any beliefs, biases or prejudices were all negative concerning the Bible and Christianity. In fact I was converted soon after I said I would never go to church again. For some reason you seem to think any thing you think about God is true. The chances are you don' have a clue about what a fundy really is. If you are not one now, you never was one.

Quote:
rather than learning from the one YOUR bible tells us to learn from(which requires to be open minded)..... Why do you not heed the scriptures about this ?.
We aren't omniscient like you are.

Quote:
The insights I have about you are from observing what you are saying and what you are declaring you believe.
How sad you are not as insightful as you think you are.

Quote:
By examining myself, I know that Jesus Christ is in me, when Paul said this, he was not talking about a physical man called Jesus with a beard and sandals.
And just when I thought you were omniscient you say something like that.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:27 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
There is no such thing as incarnation.
Close but not the one. All will be revealed in time.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
omega, you are a sad caricature of an apologist.

You do your side no favours.

I'll warrant the entertainment value does rank up there with Eusie. But working the exact same schtick does age the act fairly quickly.
It always does seem like that to the spiritually ignorant. If it ages quickly you have a solution---put me on ignore. I think your real problem is that we can refute what you say but you can't refute what we say. That is why we fundies get post like this that are not about discussing the subject.

If what we say is over your head, just read and don't reply.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:32 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Quote:
It always does seem like that to the spiritually ignorant. If it ages quickly you have a solution---put me on ignore. I think your real problem is that we can refute what you say but you can't refute what we say. That is why we fundies get post like this that are not about discussing the subject.

If what we say is over your head, just read and don't reply.
Thanks for proving my point with every post!

Old 08-20-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Thanks for proving my point with every post!
And thanks for proving mine again.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:38 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,382,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Close but not the one. All will be revealed in time.
Y'gotta wonder why so many of these guys keep changing user names and/or use sock puppets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity