Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 05:14 PM

63,811 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
A better question to me is what is WWTDD? lol.....
"What Would Trout Dude Do"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 05:32 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Nonsense. You even disowned the Bible in an attempt to dodge your elevation of it to the status of God's word,something it does not ever claim for itself. You denigrate the God of agape love that Jesus revealed and deny He is the Word of God. You are mired in the OT barbaric beliefs about a wrathful God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifices of innocents as if that EVER made any sense whatsoever. You believe the fables in the OT as if they are historical fact, something Christ's disciples specifically refused to do.

1 Timothy 1:4
Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

1 Timothy 4:7
But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

2 Timothy 4:4
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Titus 1:14
Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

2 Peter 1:16
For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

In short, you know nothing and whatever Spirit you are in contact with is definitely NOT God, but I have a suspicion that it is the same spirit you keep accusing everyone else of following.
You just broke the irony meter. Your views are far from the "mind of Christ" and the Holy spirit of agape love. You are not listening to the truth God has "written in our hearts" because you think the words "written in ink" govern what should be in our hearts. You eschew the guidance of the Comforter and the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). You do not love, you denigrate it, so you do not know God because anyone who does not love does not know God. It is very sad that you are so badly conditioned to the concept of a wrathful God that you allow your Spirit to be corrupted by thoughts of sin, condemnation of sinners, punishment, and your whole negative vibe against the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). Here is a post that explains the scriptural support for agape more fully.

None of your claims in paragraph one are even remotely true, and so I will not bother to reiterate them. You try to twist everything that is said by any poster you can't force your definition of "love" on.

And you have fallen for fables, hook, line, and sinker, of the New Age variety. As IF the fables in Timothy are discussing the Torah and the prophets! What do you think Timothy was talking about when he said to study to show yourselves approved??? Did you forget to cherry pick that one?

You are so confused by your fleshly idolatries you just contradicted your own accusations in paragraph two. In paragraph one, I "disowned the Bible", and in paragraph 2, "I think the words written in ink govern what should be in our hearts." As usual, if you don't understand what I said, attack.

I don't denigrate HIS love at all, just the New Age counterfeit variety that tries to convince others that sin is ok, and there is no reason at all to be rid of it and the spiritual root behind it, and that there is no left hand of G-d. You are one who does not know Him, nor worship Him in Spirit and in TRUTH; you worship a god of your imagi-nations who can neither see, nor hear, nor speak, nor heal, nor deliver, nor save (until you're dead, of course), in short, no different than the idols of wood and stone. Peace

Old 06-13-2016, 08:42 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
WHO are YOU to set boundaries for me? Talk about pretentious.....
I'm not surprised your misread and misunderstand.

I set the boundaries for myself when it comes to replying to you.

Peace.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:49 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
"What Would Trout Dude Do"
I've got the exclusive license to the bracelets and t-shirts.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I've got the exclusive license to the bracelets and t-shirts.

Old 06-13-2016, 11:22 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Why is it that when such is administered by them, the fundies call it "love," but when they are the subject it is a "disrespectrul offensive assault?"
Quite! I think Chanokh was the poster that called me a liar and 'swine'. LOL!

Old 06-13-2016, 11:26 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Well Chanokh?????????????????
I guess the answer is no. That doesn't surprise me though.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm not surprised your misread and misunderstand.

I set the boundaries for myself when it comes to replying to you.

Peace.

"Now that I've properly ID-d Rbbi1, I'll mostly ignore her pretentious word salad unless she really steps out of bounds."

Then one of us doesn't understand sentence construction, because the "she" is what is described as having the potential to step out of bounds. Peace

Old 06-14-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Then one of us doesn't understand sentence construction, because the "she" is what is described as having the potential to step out of bounds. Peace
You're right.

What I should have written is that I will temper my comments to you because of your unfortunate condition.

Unless that condition results in your posting something that demands reproof and correction.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You're right.

What I should have written is that I will temper my comments to you because of your unfortunate condition.

Unless that condition results in your posting something that demands reproof and correction.

It's ok, TroutDude....now I know....WWTDD?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity