Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2016, 03:25 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
You are not just a victim geeki, I get the idea you see yourself that way..

How can I tear up your relationship with Christ? And how can you even accuse me of such a thing? Christ keeps those that are His in His hand, noone can snatch them away He says, so trust in Him and not your own feelings. I realise you are vulnerable, but can you take an honest look at Scripture, and take responsibility for yourself, for your sins? You see you are not just a victim, you are guilty aswell, responsible for the sins you commit daily against God. You are just as much a part of sinful humanity as I am, as your family is, and just as much need to repent as I do.

I don't see myself as a victim at all, I'm not sure what you mean. You're 'preaching to the choir', you're also coming at me as if I don't ask forgiveness for my sins every day, and I do. My biggest problems right now are I don't feel I study the Bible enough, and that I'm still smoking. Also my self esteem, which is also something He is working on. The self esteem thing isn't a sin, it's just something God is working on, making me the woman He wants me to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 05:33 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I know it hurts and your self-righteous abusers wouldn't know the truth or Christ if it was rammed up where the sun never shines. Christ was referring to them when He said He will tell them to "Depart from me . . ." They have very little agape love in them and agape love is the ONLY thing that matters. All their self-righteous efforts and beliefs will avail them nothing in the end. It is very, very sad. They should be pitied. Do not let their self-righteous ignorance affect you so much. They are far more like those who scourged and crucified Christ than those who follow Christ.
You talk about loving people while attacking them. It's weird to watch, but with you its pretty much the par of the course.

Old 07-20-2016, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Thank you, Mystic

I wish I could avoid that, letting it get to me, but it does. I try to brush it off, but when things that are said cut that deep, it can be hard to shake off.
I have not seen anyone attack you, all I see is a poster tell you what the Bible says about certain issues. If that feels like an attack, the offence is not from the poster, but from the words in the Bible.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have not seen anyone attack you, all I see is a poster tell you what the Bible says about certain issues. If that feels like an attack, the offence is not from the poster, but from the words in the Bible.

Here is a quote, a full one. Mocking the intimacy I have with my (our) Father.

Quote:
You talk about talking with God, but do you realise God is Holy and Perfectly Righteous? And we are incredibly sinful, nobody excluded? Even Moses could only see His back parts, but you talk about sitting in His lap as if He is santa clause. This is Isaiahs response when he saw the Lord: Isaiah 6:5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.
I do, and did say these things. God is our Father, as such I call him Daddy. I do talk with God, is that not what prayer is? I never once claimed to see him, but I do talk with Him. Often. I don't see any other way of having the intimate relationship He desires with each one of us. When I mentioned sitting in His lap, of course I didn't mean literally. I can't imagine not having this level of intimacy. God isn't some far off entity. He's our Father, and He craves intimacy with us, as much as we do (or should) with him. I wonder if you've felt Him physically. If not, that is so sad. Because He wants that.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:12 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
<snipped... If only the damage these self-righteous ones do, and their stone cold hearts, could be snipped as well...>

I read that you actually chose to deny the gender God has created you in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Self-righteous prigs such as you disgust me.
It is nauseating.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:16 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
It is nauseating.
And they WILL just keep on digging.

I'm sorry for what self-righteousness expressed by others does to you, geekigurl. I wish I could take away the pain.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
And they WILL just keep on digging.

I'm sorry for what self-righteousness expressed by others does to you, geekigurl. I wish I could take away the pain.

You and others help. A lot. God is moving me toward healing, it just takes time. I'll get there. Thanks Nate, and Pleroo.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:40 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:

I do, and did say these things. God is our Father, as such I call him Daddy. I do talk with God, is that not what prayer is? I never once claimed to see him, but I do talk with Him. Often. I don't see any other way of having the intimate relationship He desires with each one of us. When I mentioned sitting in His lap, of course I didn't mean literally. I can't imagine not having this level of intimacy. God isn't some far off entity. He's our Father, and He craves intimacy with us, as much as we do (or should) with him. I wonder if you've felt Him physically. If not, that is so sad. Because He wants that.

Many a Christian has used that exact same expression. It's not at all unusual for people to have that view of their relationship with God. Perhaps some of those who do not have that experience are jealous of those that do and so they have a need to try to tear it (and you) down.

Then, when you express how their words are hurtful to you, they hide behind, "Oh, it's not us; we're just telling you what the bible says about certain things. If you're hurt, take it up with God." Bull. If that were true, they'd just quote a bible verse and be done. Nope. They apparently don't trust that what they call the "word of God" (the bible, to them) is capable of standing on it's own. They further obviously don't think that the holy spirit which is responsible for convicting people of their sin actually can do it's job without their help. (Chanokh even quoted that bible passage, but apparently doesn't believe it). So they bully, and shame, and they do everything in their power to tear you down, destroy and condemn you, all while telling you they do it out of love for you.

Fortunately, they have no actual power against someone who knows what real love looks like, and who has experienced for themselves how the holy spirit operates in their lives. And, from your posts, it seems very apparent that you do know, geekigurl.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:

I don't see him quoting the Bible, or your own words to you as an attack, but if it feels that way, then so be it. Maybe there is a reason why it feels that way.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-20-2016 at 08:11 AM..

Old 07-20-2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude
Self-righteous prigs such as you disgust me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
It is nauseating.
Share that 'love'.....

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-20-2016 at 08:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity