Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2016, 05:43 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,047,480 times

Advertisements

Awesome post twin, couldn't rep you but I agree wholeheartedly . There are always two sides, Gods tender mercy, love, forgiveness and grace are what you voiced in your posts. And not at the cost of truth or righteousness, admirable and joyful to witness a true servant of Christ.

The other side I tried to voice is the danger for those who do not truly know Christ, and bear fruit accordingly, I can't be silent about that side aswell, people need to be warned as the Scriptures warn. Even though it brings hostility to my person, I know it's not about me but Christ. But it's good to know when to warn and when to be tender in sharing Gods incredibly love and grace. And I think you hit that nail right on the head brother.

God bless you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 05:56 AM

142 posts, read 72,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I've looked through the ten commandments again, and something became incredibly obvious. If you follow Christ's instructions "Love the Lord Your God with all of your heart, soul, body and mind; and love your neighbor as yourself" it's practically impossible to break the ten commandments.
Correct, and that was the point Jesus was making.

1. Love the Lord Your God with all of your heart, soul, body and mind
2. Love your neighbor as yourself

I think everyone is in agreement about #2.

How about #1? How do you love God with all your heart, soul and mind? There are many ways to show your love for God, but it really boils down to honoring God with your actions. You honor God when you follow #2, but if loving other people was the only concern, then there would be no need two commandments, but only one. #1 is about your actions regarding yourself, and your relationship with God. The Bible gives some examples of what actions dishonor God (Col 3:5:6) sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. On account of these the wrath of God is coming.

The two commandments are in that order for a reason.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:14 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I forgive you and I too want apologize for coming off in a unfriendly manner.
You are correct in that when you say "All you see is right now. You can't see all of my experiences." but I know of one person who not only knows all your experiences. In fact he probably knows them better than you do yourself ... that person is Jesus.

I applaud you for your love of the Bible. It is there where you'll find mind and heart of God when he says:
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." ~ Jesus
and of speaking of Jesus we read:
"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses,
but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin."
Jesus knows all about gender dysphoria, every hurt you've had, every temptation to commit suicide. And he doesn't just "know" about them ... he truly truly empathizes! He truly cares for you, for me, for all people when we read:
"Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.

But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed."
Jesus took upon himself (y)our pain -- (y)our suffering -- (y)our iniquities -- (y)our punishment.
Notice what what we get in exchange ... we are healed !

It is because of this exchange and healing God tells us:
"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind.
And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.
But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."
That is a promise from God my friend, not a wishful hope! That promise to heal and provide a way includes gender dysphoria.

God's love for you is stronger than gender dysphoria.
Amen, Twin !
You are so right that, "God's love for you is stronger than gender dysphoria."
Because He does ! All the healings in the scripture the individuals did whatever they could to be near, call out, even touch the hem of His garment . Why ? because they absolutely, completely surrendered in believing He would heal them from their infirmities . There was no second guessing would He .
God is the only one who can help anyone in whatever their physical, mental, difficulties maybe . He is the God of the impossible and many have overcome because they put their complete trust in believing just that ! Leaving NO room for doubt, satan, and self !

But one has to believe Him and I mean believe Him and His promises by surrendering completely too believing,
and bore our suffering,

Now there is the situation like Paul that had a thorn in His flesh and prayed to God three times to remove this thorn, yet, God said His grace was sufficient and Paul lived his life with that thorn and trusting God regardless . You don't hear (read) anymore about it, he didn't continue bugging God, whining about it to everyone, try to kill himself, but lived his life believing just what God said to him, "My grace is sufficient."

Many believe because of Paul's pride it kept him humble ! We'll know when we reach heaven and Paul can tell us the end of the story !!!

So some times God will not heal us and there is a good reason He choose to do this and usually it is beyond our knowing why and learning to accept it . But one day we/they will know the good that came from the thorns in our flesh and why God chose to permit it there in the first place in our lives . It could be to keep us close to Him or to humble us or a testimony to help others, only God knows the reasons for why He does things differently in our lives then what we want and pray for !

It's all learning to trust Him no matter what may come into our lives ! But He is there and helps us to overcome just like the scripture you gave,
But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."

Whatever, we are learning in this journey to trust, obey and love our God with all our hearts, even with all that comes against us !!

Old 07-22-2016, 07:19 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot_J View Post
Correct, and that was the point Jesus was making.

1. Love the Lord Your God with all of your heart, soul, body and mind
2. Love your neighbor as yourself

I think everyone is in agreement about #2.

How about #1? How do you love God with all your heart, soul and mind? There are many ways to show your love for God, but it really boils down to honoring God with your actions. You honor God when you follow #2, but if loving other people was the only concern, then there would be no need two commandments, but only one. #1 is about your actions regarding yourself, and your relationship with God. The Bible gives some examples of what actions dishonor God (Col 3:5:6) sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. On account of these the wrath of God is coming.

The two commandments are in that order for a reason.
I talk to God a lot. Sometimes I just ask how He's doing. Sometimes when I see something beautiful he's done (a sunset for example), I'll thank Him and tell Him I love Him. I ask him to make me more loving and accepting. I do study the Bible, and I enjoy that a lot. I ask Him to show me things, and He usually does. I love on as many people as I can, though I do want to get out and do more of that. I have social anxiety though, so it can be hard to get out and socialize. I took aq homeless person in last Winter, even though I wasn't really supposed to. Where I live, I'm not allowed to have anyone living with me, but I just felt led to take him in. It was awesome, seeing him get himself back together. He's got his own place now, and last I heard he was doing really well. I don't always "get it right" but I don't think anyone does.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:28 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Awesome post twin, couldn't rep you but I agree wholeheartedly . There are always two sides, Gods tender mercy, love, forgiveness and grace are what you voiced in your posts. And not at the cost of truth or righteousness, admirable and joyful to witness a true servant of Christ.

The other side I tried to voice is the danger for those who do not truly know Christ, and bear fruit accordingly, I can't be silent about that side aswell, people need to be warned as the Scriptures warn. Even though it brings hostility to my person, I know it's not about me but Christ. But it's good to know when to warn and when to be tender in sharing Gods incredibly love and grace. And I think you hit that nail right on the head brother.

God bless you
You are absolutely correct, as was twin....except in one respect: how you determine what is "sin." You go by your interpretations of the letter, forgetting that the letter kills and never give any thought to the intent or purpose of the citation, also forgetting that the spirit gives life.

THIS is why I stress the difference in perception about the nature of God's dealing with us: arbitrary vs. concerned with our well-being in all aspects.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:02 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,612,415 times
Quote:
Okay what has been puzzling to me since I joined this forum is the immense hatred to those who keep to a literal, Biblical Christian worldview. Sometimes I seriously need to recheck if this is the "Christianity" forum. The attitudes are very hostile, and the atmosphere imo very negative in general. And ironically the people that proclaim 'agape love', (or refer to Dan & John Ford Coley songs on love), are usually the ones most hostile and impatient towards Bible believing Christians.

So why does the agape love fly out of the door all of a sudden when confronted with other views? Even if other views claim exclusivity, and you don't agree, shouldn't agape love, love them nonetheless?
Why is there a need to keep denegrating faithful Christians as "fundies", bigoted, hateful, small-minded, etc. If agape love is indeed agape (universal and unconditional), then shouldn't that include "fundies"?

Maybe I am wrong, and I am new on the forum, but do others recognise this hostile attitude?
I do have love for you. I do not love your ignorance. Ignorance breeds bigotry, small mindedness, misogyny, and racism. Ignorance breeds contempt for LGBTQ, and the poor.

My love for you, and everyone of my brothers is full of hope.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:53 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You are absolutely correct, as was twin....except in one respect: how you determine what is "sin." You go by your interpretations of the letter, forgetting that the letter kills and never give any thought to the intent or purpose of the citation, also forgetting that the spirit gives life.

THIS is why I stress the difference in perception about the nature of God's dealing with us: arbitrary vs. concerned with our well-being in all aspects.
Ok, nateswift, I know you post this ^^^ for Chanokh, but I just wanted say too you that you and other's are always pointing out the fruit of the Spirit in Galatian 5 too us, have any of you paid attention to the scripture in the same chapter right above the scripture explaining what the fruit of the Spirit is ?

Those verses tell us how to determine what is sin and this is how one is to discern those who truly walks in the Spirit of God or are walking in the flesh practicing such things (sin) missing the mark of God, who will not inherit God's kingdom because they choose to live this kind of life rather then turning to God and repenting which means to go in the opposite direction, living for Christ in the renewing of their mind and living His nature a changed life .

Here I'll post it for you,

Galatians 5:16-21
16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.
17 For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.
19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

We are shown and taught all through the Scriptures what God has revealed what is sin and those who practice such will not inherit the Kingdom of God . I just posted a couple of them ! But they are very important and I believe the Spirit is wanting ppl to take heed !

It truly is a matter of Life or death !

Ephesians 5:5 (NASB)
For this you know with certainty, that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-12 (NASB)
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

The Body Is the Lord’s
12 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything.

Col. 3:1-15 is perfect scripture telling us what the will of God is for those who believe in how we should live out our lives through the Spirit of God ,

1 Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
2 Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.
3 For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.

5 Therefore consider the members of your earthly body as dead to immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry.
6 For it is because of these things that the wrath of God will come upon the sons of disobedience,
7 and in them you also once walked, when you were living in them.
8 But now you also, put them all aside: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and abusive speech from your mouth.
9 Do not lie to one another, since you laid aside the old self with its evil practices,
10 and have put on the new self who is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created him—

11 a renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave and freeman, but Christ is all, and in all.

12 So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience;
13 bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you.
14 Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.
15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.
16 Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
17 Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

1 Corinthians 15:50 (NASB)

The Mystery of Resurrection

Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable .

Amen,

Old 07-22-2016, 09:53 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:

God bless you
I appreciate this very much.

Correct, we need to convey that it's through God's mercy, love, forgiveness and grace changes the hearts and lives of people while without compromising the truth of the balance of scripture. I know we have had our differences but ultimately we serve the One Lord Jesus Christ.

God's blessings
~ Twin

Last edited by twin.spin; 07-22-2016 at 10:08 AM..

Old 07-22-2016, 10:23 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen, Twin !
You are so right that, "God's love for you is stronger than gender dysphoria."
Because He does ! All the healings in the scripture the individuals did whatever they could to be near, call out, even touch the hem of His garment . Why ? because they absolutely, completely surrendered in believing He would heal them from their infirmities . There was no second guessing would He .
God is the only one who can help anyone in whatever their physical, mental, difficulties maybe . He is the God of the impossible and many have overcome because they put their complete trust in believing just that ! Leaving NO room for doubt, satan, and self !

But one has to believe Him and I mean believe Him and His promises by surrendering completely too believing,
and bore our suffering,

Now there is the situation like Paul that had a thorn in His flesh and prayed to God three times to remove this thorn, yet, God said His grace was sufficient and Paul lived his life with that thorn and trusting God regardless . You don't hear (read) anymore about it, he didn't continue bugging God, whining about it to everyone, try to kill himself, but lived his life believing just what God said to him, "My grace is sufficient."

Many believe because of Paul's pride it kept him humble ! We'll know when we reach heaven and Paul can tell us the end of the story !!!

So some times God will not heal us and there is a good reason He choose to do this and usually it is beyond our knowing why and learning to accept it . But one day we/they will know the good that came from the thorns in our flesh and why God chose to permit it there in the first place in our lives . It could be to keep us close to Him or to humble us or a testimony to help others, only God knows the reasons for why He does things differently in our lives then what we want and pray for !

It's all learning to trust Him no matter what may come into our lives ! But He is there and helps us to overcome just like the scripture you gave,

Whatever, we are learning in this journey to trust, obey and love our God with all our hearts, even with all that comes against us !!

Jesus said:
"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
That is why Paul in so many of his letters is how he contrasts the old Saul in how he lived to the new Paul found by the Grace of God. He looked to Jesus who "have overcome the world" of our own personal troubles that haunts all people, you and me included.

Old 07-22-2016, 10:56 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Judgers and Perceivers

When you, or anyone walks in condemnation, they are not perceiving the Spirit.
You are merely judging something in a particular way, according to your own flesh.

Last edited by Jerwade; 07-22-2016 at 11:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity