U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-26-2016, 10:44 AM
 
386 posts, read 224,895 times
Reputation: 319

Advertisements

I do not want to enter the Kingdom of Heaven for certain reasons. I think it's inevitable that when we pass into the kingdom we would no longer have any biological urges that we enjoy on Earth like sex and procreation, eating and so on. I almost believed that I'd rather go to hell. No one Christian is going to be convinced. Even if they want to convince themselves they're going to have a hard time making a case for it. 99.9% Christians believe that sex is dirty anyway. If there is supposed to be sex or any other Chosen and then the sky supposed to be purple.

Still, I would rather not burn in Hell for eternity. How do other people feel? I'm convinced that you cannot be a true Christian and believe that when we cross over we would still be biological people with urges. And anyone who says that we don't know what heaven is like is wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-26-2016, 10:51 AM
 
386 posts, read 224,895 times
Reputation: 319
Awesome I don't want sex just for the sake of having sex but I do want to get married and have a family raise children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2016, 10:52 AM
 
19,952 posts, read 12,984,198 times
Reputation: 1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
I do not want to enter the Kingdom of Heaven for certain reasons. I think it's inevitable that when we pass into the kingdom we would no longer have any biological urges that we enjoy on Earth like sex and procreation, eating and so on. I almost believed that I'd rather go to hell. No one Christian is going to be convinced. Even if they want to convince themselves they're going to have a hard time making a case for it. 99.9% Christians believe that sex is dirty anyway.
No...we really don't. Sex is a good thing between married people. I've said that from the pulpit, and I've taught that in premarital counseling.
Quote:
If there is supposed to be sex or any other Chosen and then the sky supposed to be purple.

Still, I would rather not burn in Hell for eternity. How do other people feel? I'm convinced that you cannot be a true Christian and believe that when we cross over we would still be biological people with urges. And anyone who says that we don't know what heaven is like is wrong.
If you don't want to go to Heaven, you won't. God won't drag you kicking and screaming into Heaven.

Having said that, every indication is that being in the presence of God will greatly surpass any kind of relationship or any pleasure we have on earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2016, 10:55 AM
Status: "Phlegmatic." (set 18 hours ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,379 posts, read 12,092,645 times
Reputation: 10662
Not to worry. Neither exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2016, 10:57 AM
 
386 posts, read 224,895 times
Reputation: 319
Sorry but your point about God's prescense for that it's not going to matter is entirely worthless. I might never get married and I feel totally screwed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2016, 11:31 AM
 
19,952 posts, read 12,984,198 times
Reputation: 1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
Sorry but your point about God's prescense for that it's not going to matter is entirely worthless. I might never get married and I feel totally screwed.
I recognize that. I've been married for 18 years. I love my wife. I'm thankful for her. I enjoy waking up next to her in the morning. I get that.

But even that feeling of closeness that I get from her won't compare to being in God's presence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2016, 11:50 AM
 
741 posts, read 271,737 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
I do not want to enter the Kingdom of Heaven for certain reasons. I think it's inevitable that when we pass into the kingdom we would no longer have any biological urges that we enjoy on Earth like sex and procreation, eating and so on. I almost believed that I'd rather go to hell. No one Christian is going to be convinced. Even if they want to convince themselves they're going to have a hard time making a case for it. 99.9% Christians believe that sex is dirty anyway. If there is supposed to be sex or any other Chosen and then the sky supposed to be purple.

Still, I would rather not burn in Hell for eternity. How do other people feel? I'm convinced that you cannot be a true Christian and believe that when we cross over we would still be biological people with urges. And anyone who says that we don't know what heaven is like is wrong.
Well Ghostee, do you believe the Bible speaks truth?

“[God] has founded the earth upon its established places; it will not be made to totter to time indefinite, or forever.” - Psalm 104:5

“The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it." - Psalm 115:16

"For this is what Jehovah says, The Creator of the heavens, the true God, The One who formed the earth, its Maker who firmly established it, Who did not create it simply for nothing, but formed it to be inhabited:" - Isaiah 45:18

"They will build houses and live in them, And they will plant vineyards and eat their fruitage. They will not build for someone else to inhabit, Nor will they plant for others to eat. For the days of my people will be like the days of a tree, And the work of their hands my chosen ones will enjoy to the full. They will not toil for nothing, Nor will they bear children for distress, Because they are the offspring made up of those blessed by Jehovah, And their descendants with them." - Isaiah 65:21-23

"And no resident will say: “I am sick.” The people dwelling in the land will be pardoned for their error." - Isaiah 33:24

“Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” - Rev 21:4

Do any of these scriptures interest you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2016, 12:11 PM
 
386 posts, read 224,895 times
Reputation: 319
What do those scriptures imply in more simple terms. As for my original question, has the "no marriage for you in Heaven" always been a part of Christianity since the very start?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2016, 12:15 PM
 
Location: minnesota
5,256 posts, read 1,680,916 times
Reputation: 1836
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
What do those scriptures imply in more simple terms. As for my original question, has the "no marriage for you in Heaven" always been a part of Christianity since the very start?
He's trying to tell you that Armageddon is coming very soon and God is going to restore the earth to a paradise and humans to perfect.

Is all you have to do is follow 7 men in Brooklyn and you will be survive. If you don't follow those 7 men you will die(as in cease to exist) at Armageddon so you won't have any desires anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2016, 12:21 PM
 
741 posts, read 271,737 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
Well Ghostee, do you believe the Bible speaks truth?

“[God] has founded the earth upon its established places; it will not be made to totter to time indefinite, or forever.” - Psalm 104:5

“The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it." - Psalm 115:16

"For this is what Jehovah says, The Creator of the heavens, the true God, The One who formed the earth, its Maker who firmly established it, Who did not create it simply for nothing, but formed it to be inhabited:" - Isaiah 45:18

"They will build houses and live in them, And they will plant vineyards and eat their fruitage. They will not build for someone else to inhabit, Nor will they plant for others to eat. For the days of my people will be like the days of a tree, And the work of their hands my chosen ones will enjoy to the full. They will not toil for nothing, Nor will they bear children for distress, Because they are the offspring made up of those blessed by Jehovah, And their descendants with them." - Isaiah 65:21-23

"And no resident will say: “I am sick.” The people dwelling in the land will be pardoned for their error." - Isaiah 33:24

“Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” - Rev 21:4

Do any of these scriptures interest you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
What do those scriptures imply in more simple terms. As for my original question, has the "no marriage for you in Heaven" always been a part of Christianity since the very start?
The Earth will always be here and humans will always inhabit it. There in Isaiah 65:21-23 it makes note that there will be no distress in having kids which means yes, people will stay as humans and live on Earth and able to have families. We will no longer strain ourselves just to have a family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top