Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 01:16 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,144 times

Advertisements

"When you lift up the son of man you'll realize that I am he and I do nothing on my own but I only say what the Father has taught me." John 8:28

Christianity believes that lifting up the son of man was when Jesus was crucified. But that cannot be because many do not realize He was the son of man. It is a personal thing to lift up the son of man but it is honoring Him not actually lifting Him physically.

Have you lifted up the son of man?

Have you honored the son of man?

Who is the son of man?

What if you're wrong? Then you haven't honored Him.

"You will not see me again until you say blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 01:20 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
By LOVING GOD and LOVING YOUR NEIGHBOR, the world knows you are mine...rally rather simple--so simple in fact that the WISEST have been confused and seek Herculean feats to demonstrate their "servitude."

Old 05-27-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
By LOVING GOD and LOVING YOUR NEIGHBOR, the world knows you are mine...rally rather simple--so simple in fact that the WISEST have been confused and seek Herculean feats to demonstrate their "servitude."
No. All religions teach that. It is not the way. Jesus taught more than that.

"I shall change and purify the lips of the people so they shall all call upon the name of the Lord to serve Him with one accord."

"All those who call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. "

"The Lord redeems the souls of His servants, no one who takes refuge in Him incurs guilt."

"My spirit which is upon you and my words which I have put into your mouth shall never leave your mouth nor the mouths of your children nor the mouths of your children's children from now on and forever."

"Man does not live by bread alone but by every word from the mouth of God."

"Worship God alone, Him alone shall you serve."

Old 05-27-2016, 06:33 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
"When you lift up the son of man you'll realize that I am he and I do nothing on my own but I only say what the Father has taught me." John 8:28

Christianity believes that lifting up the son of man was when Jesus was crucified. But that cannot be because many do not realize He was the son of man. It is a personal thing to lift up the son of man but it is honoring Him not actually lifting Him physically.

Have you lifted up the son of man?

Have you honored the son of man?

Who is the son of man?

What if you're wrong? Then you haven't honored Him.

"You will not see me again until you say blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord."
Joh 8:28 Jesus, then, said to them again that "Whenever you should be exalting the Son of Mankind, then you will know that I am, and from Myself I am doing nothing, but, according as My Father teaches Me, these things I am speaking."

This was concerning Jesus being lifted up on the cross. Once they see the outcome of Christ's death, burial and resurrection, they they will know that He is the One and know God raised Him from the dead.

Old 05-27-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Joh 8:28 Jesus, then, said to them again that "Whenever you should be exalting the Son of Mankind, then you will know that I am, and from Myself I am doing nothing, but, according as My Father teaches Me, these things I am speaking."

This was concerning Jesus being lifted up on the cross. Once they see the outcome of Christ's death, burial and resurrection, they they will know that He is the One and know God raised Him from the dead.
No, because the son of man is not Jesus alone. This has already been proven. That is why Jesus said the son of man would be revealed at a certain point so it cannot be about the crucifixion.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:43 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
The way this happens is when we wake up to the reality that Christ is in us, none of 'I believe in the bible" nonsense could ever do it
Wake up thou that sleepeth and Christ will shine in you(be lifted up in you)

Old 05-28-2016, 08:10 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
The sons of men are the working class of humanity. Jesus compared him and his followers to David and his men who ate the grain in the temple. The Sabbath was made for the sons of men. He also said that ALL the sins of the sons of men will be forgiven.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The way this happens is when we wake up to the reality that Christ is in us, none of 'I believe in the bible" nonsense could ever do it
Wake up thou that sleepeth and Christ will shine in you(be lifted up in you)
The Messiah is the truth, the word of God as Jesus stated. No truth in you no Christ in you.

"Blessed is he who hears the word of the Lord and keeps it."

I do nothing on my own, I only say what the Lord has taught me for the One who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him.

My family hears the word of God and does it.

My brothers mother and sisters do the will of my heavenly Father.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
The sons of men are the working class of humanity. Jesus compared him and his followers to David and his men who ate the grain in the temple. The Sabbath was made for the sons of men. He also said that ALL the sins of the sons of men will be forgiven.
The son of man came eating and drinking but the wicked hate the light so they do not give glory to God and see His son.

If you believe you'll see the glory of God.

Old 05-28-2016, 10:14 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
No one is going to lift you up.
Unless, they are pallbearers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity