Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 12:12 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,091,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Perhaps you should let God be the judge of such things. You are saying God's grace is not on people who don't agree with your personal understanding of one verse. Why say such things?
As if he is the ONLY one here to have ever said / believe this...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 12:14 PM

741 posts, read 441,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If it doesn't matter what you believe, then why don't you take God at His word and believe He will save all mankind?

Since it doesn't matter what you believe then why do you even believe 2 Peter 3:9? I doubt you even know what 2 Peter 3:9 is even talking about.
There is belief and there is truth. The truth is that you can't take one sentence from the Bible and create a doctrine out of it. The whole Bible must be taken into account.

And it doesn't matter what I believe because truth lives on it's own. Jehovah God and His Word is truth. All of it...not just one scripture taken out of context. Hellfire believers do the same thing. Odd that neither UR folks or hellfire believers can see what they are doing. Same interpretation method, different results. It's how I know both are wrong. Because if your interpretation methods were correct, then you'd both come to the same conclusion. Since you don't, then the method must not be backed by God.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:40 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,898,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
There is belief and there is truth. The truth is that you can't take one sentence from the Bible and create a doctrine out of it. The whole Bible must be taken into account.
But I don't take just one sentence from the Bible and create a doctrine out of it.

Quote:
And it doesn't matter what I believe because truth lives on it's own. Jehovah God and His Word is truth. All of it...not just one scripture taken out of context. Hellfire believers do the same thing. Odd that neither UR folks or hellfire believers can see what they are doing. Same interpretation method, different results. It's how I know both are wrong. Because if your interpretation methods were correct, then you'd both come to the same conclusion. Since you don't, then the method must not be backed by God.
Actually you are the one doing the same as the hellfire folks.

How does it feel to take just one verse like you do in order to contradict another verse?

Old 06-07-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you should let God be the judge of such things. You are saying God's grace is not on people who don't agree with your personal understanding of one verse. Why say such things?
My personal understanding of 1 Timothy 2:4-6 is not the issue. It is so plain that no personal understanding is needed. What is needed is to just take God at His word. If He says He will save all mankind, then that is what He will do. If one does not believe He will do that then His grace obviously is not on that person to believe Him concerning that. I don't judge anyone. The Word does that.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:51 PM

741 posts, read 441,403 times
Quote:
But I don't take just one sentence from the Bible and create a doctrine out of it.
Um yeah you do. I see it so often in my life it sticks out like catsup on a white suit.
Quote:
Actually you are the one doing the same as the hellfire folks.

How does it feel to take just one verse like you do in order to contradict another verse?
I see no contradictions in the Bible. Again, I don't expect you to see what you are doing. Just like I don't expect the hellfire believers to see it. You both use eisegesis to interpret the Bible. In other words, it is when a person makes a claim and then searches the Bible for the text to support it. It's been done to support the abuse of women, black people and others. They didn't see what they were doing either.

What should be done is read the Bible first and then ponder what was read. What happened with both hellfire and UR is people made their statements and then went into the Bible to pick scriptures that supported it. When a person does it that way, you can get the Bible to support all sorts of things that are not true.

I reject both UR doctrine and hellfire doctrine methods of interpretation.

Old 06-07-2016, 03:16 PM

76,981 posts, read 47,311,479 times
Quote:
My personal understanding of 1 Timothy 2:4-6 is not the issue.
It is 100% about your personal understanding.

Well, its not your personal view, its the tentmaker.com view which you promote.

You'll judge anyone who does not agree with your/tentmaker view.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:44 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Quote:

This is getting old, your view is what you were indoctrinated with when you gave your heart to Jeezus

Old 06-08-2016, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
My personal understanding of 1 Timothy 2:4-6 is not the issue.
Quote:

I didn't know this site called "tentmaker.com" wrote the Bible. Maybe you have some inside information on that that no one else does.
They did not write: "God will have all mankind to be saved," in the Bible, did they?

What part of "God will have all mankind to be saved" do you not believe? Do you think God lied? Do you think God should have written "God will NOT have all mankind to be saved?

Do you think God could not think of the word "not" when He wrote that verse?

You see Finn, you are the one with the personal view which will not allow you to believe God concerning that verse. I just take the verse for exactly what it says. You don't.

I suppose you believe "God will save all mankind" if only all mankind does their part in saving themselves? rather than God doing so because Christ ransomed all?

I suppose you believe "God will reconcile all in the heavens and all on the earth to Himself" (Col.1:20) if they but just do their own part rather than God making peace through the blood of Christ's cross? (Col.1:20).

I suppose you believe All mankind are made sinners due to what Adam did but not all mankind will be made righteous due to what Christ did. According to you, mankind has to do their part in spite of what Christ did. Why they don't have to do this for what Adam did, I don't know. Surely you do though. (see Romans 5:12, 18,19).

I suppose you believe God is going to head up all in the Christ, both all in the heavens and all on the earth but that won't happen unless mankind does their part in spite of Christ already doing their part for them?

Last edited by Eusebius; 06-08-2016 at 06:06 AM..

Old 06-08-2016, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
Um yeah you do. I see it so often in my life it sticks out like catsup on a white suit.

I see no contradictions in the Bible. Again, I don't expect you to see what you are doing. Just like I don't expect the hellfire believers to see it. You both use eisegesis to interpret the Bible. In other words, it is when a person makes a claim and then searches the Bible for the text to support it. It's been done to support the abuse of women, black people and others. They didn't see what they were doing either.

What should be done is read the Bible first and then ponder what was read. What happened with both hellfire and UR is people made their statements and then went into the Bible to pick scriptures that supported it. When a person does it that way, you can get the Bible to support all sorts of things that are not true.

I reject both UR doctrine and hellfire doctrine methods of interpretation.
"God will have all mankind to be saved for Christ gave Himself a ransom for all" needs no interpretation. It just needs to be believed.

Old 06-08-2016, 05:48 AM

76,981 posts, read 47,311,479 times
Quote:
I didn't know this site called "tentmaker.com" wrote the Bible. Maybe you have some inside information on that that no one else does.
They stick to telling people like you how certain verses should be understood.

As a matter of fact, if you google your translation "God will save all mankind", tentmaker.com is the site where those exact words can be found. If you look at various translations of the Bible, you will learn what it really says, where the word will is used as "desire", as in "it is His will/desire".

"who desires all people to be saved"

"who wants all people to be saved"

"Who will have all men to be saved"

"He who wills that all people shall have Life"

Many people have explained this to you. I won't repeat it to you again.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-08-2016 at 05:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity