Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 09:08 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times

Advertisements

I have it on good authority that all those who answer "no" are going to hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 09:32 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
I Believe God is much more accepting, loving, and welcoming than "religious" human beings who think God is going to slam the doors on anyone who isn't just like them.

So, yes, I believe Muslims go to heaven. I believe all sorts of people go to Heaven. Discrimination (They won't be in Heaven!!") was invented by fallible, prideful, prejudiced humans interpreting a book(s).

Old 06-06-2016, 09:36 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,087,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I Believe God is much more accepting, loving, and welcoming than "religious" human beings who would like to slam the doors to anyone who isn't just like them.

So, yes, I believe Muslims go to heaven. I believe all sorts of people go to Heaven. Discrimination (They won't be in Heaven!!") was invented by fallible, prideful, prejudiced humans interpreting a book.
Gots to give this thumbs up!

Old 06-06-2016, 09:47 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Gots to give this thumbs up!
Aah, you believe she is inspired and the Bible isn't?

Old 06-06-2016, 09:48 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

Simple answer to a simple question: No
Yes. An HONEST answer to a silly question

Old 06-06-2016, 09:49 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Aah, you believe she is inspired and the Bible isn't?
Both may have inspirations. Neither is infallible. And neither claim to be.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:50 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeasher View Post
What are your thoughts on this please
I think so.

When it says that no liar, or the sexual immoral, the thieves shall not enter the kingdom of heaven, that kingdom referred to is the higher Zoe abundant life kingdom, and the very few get to this while the majority are saved.

Romans 14:10 , "But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God.

In Second Corinthians 5:10 it is written, "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad"

First Corinthians 3:9-15. The works of the believers in Messiah will be judged by G-d, but not their salvation. This is a judgment of the believers in Jesus only. All people in this judgment are the believers in Jesus only. All people in this judgment will be saved. This is not a judgment of your salvation, but a judgment of your rewards based upon your works. On this day, G-d will open the Book of Life and hold a trial (Talmud, Rosh HaShanah 16b). This is known as the Bema judgment.

The books are the book of the righteous, the book of the wicked, and the book of remembrance.

Three great books will be opened as each man is weighed in the balance and placed into one of three categories (Talmud, Rosh HaShanah 6b). It has been taught that the school of Shammai says that there will be three classes on the final Day of Judgment, one of the wholly righteous, one of the wholly wicked, and one of the intermediates.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Just curious how John 3:16 and Jon 6:40 convey the misconception that Jesus died for our sins?
The misconception is that all benefit.

Read it all:John 3:16 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 6:40 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

You don't believe in him, no benefit.

Believe the is the son of God, which Moslem's do not believe.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:05 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I have it on good authority that all those who answer "no" are going to hell.
LOL, I guess he told ya'll!

Old 06-06-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

First Corinthians 3:9-15. The works of the believers in Messiah will be judged by G-d, but not their salvation. This is a judgment of the believers in Jesus only. All people in this judgment are the believers in Jesus only. All people in this judgment will be saved. This is not a judgment of your salvation, but a judgment of your rewards based upon your works. On this day, G-d will open the Book of Life and hold a trial (Talmud, Rosh HaShanah 16b). This is known as the Bema judgment.
Not 1Cor 3:9-15. It is from the Talmud and ..... that is not part of the Bible (OT/NT.

Last edited by mensaguy; 06-06-2016 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: Fixed quote tag
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity