Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 11:27 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,035 times

Advertisements

I believe the number 666 has been taken out of context.

The bible states it is a number of a man.

There is one verse in the whole entire bible that gives a clue to the number usage.

Hos_12:10 I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.

These words "multiplied", and similitudes gives us a clue into God's messages in code.

The reference to "a man" is here... Rev_13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Adam was created on the 6th day giving him a number....6

Jesus comes from the same stock of Adam and stated to be : 1Co_15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Reference there is to two Adams or rather two of the same stock....but with a definite difference.

1. Made a living soul and 2. A quickening spirit.

Now, as for the third number six,,,,as God multiplies the number as backed up by the following verse: Gen_41:32 And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass.

Key words? "doubled twice, established by God and finally, will shortly bring it to pass.

Summation

1. First man Adam.......is the Creation of the Father as living souls and as separate entities...or as gods.

2. The second man ADAM, whose Spirit is not of Adam but of God, is a quickening Spirit.(Meaning...the full God head bodily in Jesus in the form of a man.)

At this point God doubled it twice and brought it to pass....meaning at the cross.

Once resurrected, all who place their faith in Him are New creatures...quickened by His Spirit.

3. The third man Adam is the New creature, recreated in Spirit, by the sacrifice of His Son, to life without death and forever into the kingdom of God.

Verse: 2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

That pretty much is my understanding.

Note: For further study....the word "beast" the lamb and the son of perdition.
How are these tied together?

Blessings, AJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 11:29 AM

88,508 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Nah. I'm still going with Revelation being about the Roman Empire and 666 being Nero.

Old 06-12-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Nah. I'm still going with Revelation being about the Roman Empire and 666 being Nero.
You don't think the book of Revelation already took place? The very first words in verse one tells it who it is about.
Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ,.........it's about His conquering and to be conquered.

Blessings, AJ

Old 06-12-2016, 11:48 AM

88,508 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
You don't think the book of Revelation already took place? The very first words in verse one tells it who it is about.
Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ,.........it's about His conquering and to be conquered.

Blessings, AJ
I'm not going to pretend I can explain everything in Revelation, but I'll go with the scholarly point of view that it's an apocalyptic writing in the style of Daniel that primarily refers to the triumph of the church over its oppressor the Roman Empire. I do not think it refers to movies about Satanic children with marks on their heads or a showdown between good and evil in Las Vegas after a government-manufactured disease kills off most of the population (even though that one's my fave Stephen King book and the mini-series that made Gary Sinise famous).

I don't think it's about the U.S. or the "Last Days" or an excuse to target Jews for conversion. It was a writing by a man in a certain time and place to 7 churches who knew what was meant by the writing. And it inspired some amazing art because of all the visuals.

The 666 as a representation of Nero in the Greek gematria code used at the time makes sense.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times
Prime numbers are positive, six is not a prime number.
It is the negativeness of man, contained within 66 books.

Characterized by the absence, rather than the presence of love.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:41 PM

I will agree with you on this point,"the style of Daniel that primarily refers to the triumph of the church over its oppressor the Roman Empire">>>Mightyqueen801, that the church is triumphant in spirit as designed within the new creature.

But basically, before that could happen, first death and hell must have been conquered. Dainel speaks of the shadow of that happening.
As in, the story told, Dan 2:34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.

"The stone" in reference to the rock, as in 1Co_10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Here is another scripture to show the time of this happening: Isa_30:26 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

The day is the key words that indicate when happened when Jesus in one day conquered death and hell.
The book of Revelation is just about how He went about it.

Blessings, AJ

Old 06-12-2016, 12:42 PM

23,123 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
I believe the number 666 has been taken out of context.

The bible states it is a number of a man.

There is one verse in the whole entire bible that gives a clue to the number usage.

Hos_12:10 I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.

These words "multiplied", and similitudes gives us a clue into God's messages in code.

The reference to "a man" is here... Rev_13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Adam was created on the 6th day giving him a number....6

Jesus comes from the same stock of Adam and stated to be : 1Co_15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Reference there is to two Adams or rather two of the same stock....but with a definite difference.

1. Made a living soul and 2. A quickening spirit.

Now, as for the third number six,,,,as God multiplies the number as backed up by the following verse: Gen_41:32 And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass.

Key words? "doubled twice, established by God and finally, will shortly bring it to pass.

Summation

1. First man Adam.......is the Creation of the Father as living souls and as separate entities...or as gods.

2. The second man ADAM, whose Spirit is not of Adam but of God, is a quickening Spirit.(Meaning...the full God head bodily in Jesus in the form of a man.)

At this point God doubled it twice and brought it to pass....meaning at the cross.

Once resurrected, all who place their faith in Him are New creatures...quickened by His Spirit.

3. The third man Adam is the New creature, recreated in Spirit, by the sacrifice of His Son, to life without death and forever into the kingdom of God.

Verse: 2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

That pretty much is my understanding.

Note: For further study....the word "beast" the lamb and the son of perdition.
How are these tied together?

Blessings, AJ
It's not an opinion, it is ancient Jewish tradition written in stone and practiced for thousands of years.

You are marked for whatever holy days and Sabbaths you keep just as the promise says to all people,'' Keep my Sabbaths and my feasts and I will give you an inheritance in the mountains of Israel and I will give you a name better than sons of daughters.

Revelation is pointing directly at Tammuz in Ezekiel 8, and in Ezekiel 9, judgment begins at the sanctuary where the very last sacrifice will be killed. When this last sacrifice happens, everyone lives or dies by what Holy days they keep and when the clock strikes 6 p.m. the 5th day has changed with the sacrifice in the eve and everyone lay dead at 6, in the 6th day, in the 6th month, in the 6th year for keeping the holy days of the Babylonian Messiah and the name of the Babylonian Messiah has never changed and will never change.

Exodus 13 shows how you obtain the seal of protection between your eyes and this takes place every single year for thousands of years. Rosh Hashanah is around the corner and Rosh Hashanah will speak your name and a decision will be made on your head against Yom Kippur, and the only way to be sealed against Yom Kippur is that you have been marked because you keep the feasts and Sabbaths of God and you don't involve yourself with the holy days of the messiah of Babylon.

Revelation is a Jew writing to Jews in a way that his captors and other people could not read what he was writing to them, and he was writing to them about the fall of the holy days of Christ and how the church had already began Christianizing their former holy days of other gods.

THIS is what Revelation is touching on over and over, and there are about a thousand references in Revelation that directly takes you to the law and the prophets but more than that, Revelation is a book of the fall Holy days and most people do not understand it because they don't know the fall Holy days and that those days are the second coming of Christ. Revelation is filled with appointed prayers spoken on exact days, prayers from the Torah cycle and it is showing the duties of a priest officiating during Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.

Those people marked in their forehead with the seal of Babylon are people who simply keep the holy days of Babylon as the majority of mainstream Christianity does.

Exodus 13.

9And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt. 10Thou shalt therefore keep this ordinance in his season from year to year.

Ezekiel 9, the 6th day in the 6th month in the 6th year.

Slaughter of the Idolaters
1He cried also in mine ears with a loud voice, saying, Cause them that have charge over the city to draw near, even every man with his destroying weapon in his hand. 2And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, which lieth toward the north, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them was clothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side: and they went in, and stood beside the brasen altar.
3And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, whereupon he was, to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed with linen, which had the writer's inkhorn by his side;

4And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

5And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: 6Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house. 7And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city. 8And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?
9Then said he unto me, The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is exceeding great, and the land is full of blood, and the city full of perverseness: for they say, The LORD hath forsaken the earth, and the LORD seeth not. 10And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, but I will recompense their way upon their head.
11And, behold, the man clothed with linen, which had the inkhorn by his side, reported the matter, saying, I have done as thou hast commanded me.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:58 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,051,372 times
666 = Cain and Nathan = get and give

Old 06-12-2016, 01:25 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,045,300 times
If Jesus Christ is 777, then 666 is the antichrist.
He will be the future dictator who will fool the entire planet into thinking that he is a "good" guy, when in fact, he will be the ultimate evil.
Simply put, Revelations is about the rise of a dictator, followed by WWIII, and it's effects on the planet.

Old 06-12-2016, 01:30 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,051,372 times
777 = Lamech
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity